• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Beat the crap out of two cops, stole their taser, and went to shoot them with it. Completely justified. The officer was fired without cause, to appease the BLM mob.

HOWEVER, this is yet another example of police officers being forced to go to guns because they lacked the empty-handed skills to subdue and arrest someone. Legally okay, but the shooting shouldn't have happened because things shouldn't have been allowed to get to that point. These two cops weren't capable of winning a fight against a drunk. We need to be able to look past the justified/unjustified binary and consider what lessons could be learned about how to avoid an event like this. He should have been on the ground within three seconds of trying to pull away from the police. That doesn't mean the officers deserve harsh reprimand, but they shot because they failed at everything except the gun.

And when we train them to have the skills and strength to do that 100% of the time, and start firing the donut shaped officers because they lack the fitness, we will see even MORE calls against cops. They will say they are trained to beat the crap out of citizens, we are discriminating against good officers with high BMI (fat shaming), petite female officers, and trying to be even MORE militant for having nothing but "master race" hardbodies on staff.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So being drunk and stupid is deserving of execution without trial?

Not at all and that is not what happened. The beginning of the videos I watched the entire interaction was being done professionally and the suspect was cooperating appropriately.

When it was time for handcuffs the suspect began fighting (not just resisting) and seized a weapon and pointed it at an officer.

It wasn't drunk and stupid that got him killed, it was attacking and dangerous that ended his life.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I hope that you will be shown more mercy than what you provide to others.
    Did you miss the assaulted two Police Officers, grabbed a Taser, fled, fired Taser at pursuing Police Officer part? That’s part of the “totality of circumstances” thing.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Yes. Yes, I do. Maybe on Day 1. Or it might take awhile as the media drifts off to sleep so as to ignore the incidents that seem to ignite the outrage.

Did the media ignore the incidents in Ferguson? Or Trayvon Martin? I seem to recall that both incidents were used to help push the Democrat agenda. Assuming that a Democrat president could or would give the rioters what they wanted(a rather dubious assumption if one considers history), when has a angry mob ever been satisfied upon receiving what they said they wanted? Once the mob gets what they want, they invariably want more, it having just been demonstrated that rioting and looting will be rewarded.

If you want to make it to trial then you should probably consider that before assaulting officers. Of course, it is probably not a good idea to drive drunk if you are concerned about your health and well being either. Frankly, I'm just glad this POS didn't kill some innocent person on the road while he was driving around drunk.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    And when we train them to have the skills and strength to do that 100% of the time, and start firing the donut shaped officers because they lack the fitness, we will see even MORE calls against cops. They will say they are trained to beat the crap out of citizens, we are discriminating against good officers with high BMI (fat shaming), petite female officers, and trying to be even MORE militant for having nothing but "master race" hardbodies on staff.

Yep, it goes right up against the diversity initiative. IIRC it was in Chicago(?) recently where a video came out of two donut-shaped transit cops trying to apprehend a big dude for turnstile jumping, and they end up running after him and shooting him after he basically shrugged them off. Granted, all police must live with the reality that there's always a better fighter out there, and they do have force multipliers, but without the will to hurt and dominate someone, they either end up getting killed or having to shoot. Unfortunately, the public only sees a broken nose, they don't see the fact that breaking the guy's nose ended the fight and stopped the police from having to shoot him. Everybody wants the damn Star Trek phasers that stun criminals instantly and slowly lower them to the ground with lilac-scented pillows. :rolleyes:

Of course, it's easy for me to judge, I have zero empty-handed combatives experience and haven't been in a fight since summer camp in grade school. :dunno:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    You can't argue ifs. Neither officer had control of him.

Running away when shot? :scratch:
    Man. I'm glad I'm just a keyboard quarterback.

Wait as sec.... Dont want to argue ifs you say????? you're the one who threw in he could taser one of the officers and take his gun..... Again while he was running away....
    He was shot in the back, thats hard to do when someone facing you...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Being serious? I must have missed the part where he was shot for being drunk? Man I feel like an idiot, I thought it was because he stole the cops taser and turned around aiming it at the officer.

:rolleyes:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Wait as sec.... Dont want to argue ifs you say????? you're the one who threw in he could taser one of the officers and take his gun..... Again while he was running away....
    He was shot in the back, thats hard to do when someone facing you...
    If he just ran away, no shots would’ve been fired. The fact he stole an officers taser, and aimed it at them, makes this justified. He chose his fate

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Exactly*** If you wanna go hands, learn how to use them.

And that to me brings a question, Is a taser used by LE a lethal threat when used with the public or a non lethal weapon when used on the public?
    I ask because LE and other folks shoot each other in taser classes every day...

If he just ran away, no shots would’ve been fired. The fact he stole an officers taser, and aimed it at them, makes this justified. He chose his fate

And that brings it back to my original question..... Remember tasers have been touted a long time as a non lethal alternative...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    And that brings it back to my original question..... Remember tasers have been touted a long time as a non lethal alternative...

Under most circumstances, tasers are non-lethal. Zap the wrong person though and non-lethal becomes lethal. Kind of like anything else on the use-of-force continuum. One size does not fit all.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    What if the taser was taken and used to take the officers weapon? Tons of what ifs? I think it was completely justified. Under that type of stress who knows what he was thinking. Put yourself in that officers shoes.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Exactly*** If you wanna go hands, learn how to use them.

And that to me brings a question, Is a taser used by LE a lethal threat when used with the public or a non lethal weapon when used on the public?
    I ask because LE and other folks shoot each other in taser classes every day.....
    What's the intent? To use it to gain compliance for a lawful arrest or to use it during the commission of a forcible felony? Big difference.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My thoughts regarding a posed question about how the threat of incapacitation can lead to death.

My response from Facebook

"Incapacitation CAN justify lethal force. (I can only speak for Indiana law) It is about intent. Example. Person A can rob Person B with a Taser. That is a forcible felony. Under Indiana IC 35-31.5-2-138 Forcible Felony =a felony that involves the use or threat of force against a human being, OR in which there is imminent danger of BODILY INJURY to a human being. IC 35-31.5-2.292 defines "Bodily injury" Sec. 29. "Bodily injury" means any impairment of physical condition, including physical pain. Under IC 35-41-3-2 (c) A person is justified in using reasonable force on any other person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force. IC 35-41-3-3 (b) goes one to state; A law enforcement is justified in using deadly force if the officer has probable cause to believe that deadly force is necessary to prevent the commission of a FORCIBLE FELONY or to affect an arrest of a person who the officer has probable cause to believe poses a threat of serious bodily injury to the officer or third party."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Why do you think it will magically change after Biden steals the election?? It ain't Bernie, so no justice, no peace.

And this stuff really is about more than just who's in power.

Methinks thou doth convey on them too much power.
    Meh...I could be wrong. Time will tell. (Of course, I have to be willing to admit cold weather could have more to do with squelching this than who’s president).

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Most likely legally justified, yes.

A couple questions though.
    Do I understand though that Tazer cartridges are a one and done until replaced or then used for a dry stun? Tasers, like a bean bag round or rubber projectile is LESS lethal and not NONLETHAL correct?
    Do tazer holsters have multiple levels of retention such as a level 3 retention holster?
    How many officers were on scene? Could another officer have ensured the safety of the compromised officer(the one who had his taser taken) by using less lethal means such as his own taser?
    This is one of those incidents that looks very bad on the surface but legally was probably justified. But, also may have been able to be handled differently by another officer on scene. I get they have to make decisions in real time as it happens and obviously that has to be taken i to consideration too.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    See post #15

I agree, its either one or the other. And if its lethal why are lots of folks learning, qualifying and shooting for practice each other with lethal weapons.....
    One would think it would have been worked out in the courts long ago...

Its interesting that in the 90's tasers were introduced to Law Enforcement to use as a alternative to Deadly Force.

Top Bottom