• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is a huge concern I have, especially with the kid now serving in the 82nd.

Mrs. MarkC and I are going to get our passports renewed (we've put it off for a while), just in case.
    My brother also passed on it for the same reason others here have stated. Personally, everyone can do themselves but I would not limit myself like that even if I never had any intention of flying. Same with a passport. Neither are that difficult to get and like the Boy Scouts say; "Be Prepared".

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Took my documents to the license branch last Wednesday to renew my license and get the Real ID. In and out in a few minutes and got the new license in the mail yesterday.

Easy peasy. $17.50 and good for six years.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Real ID deadline for air travel pushed back again due to pandemic​

To paraphrase the Frank's Red Hot commercial:

"Covid. They blame that **** for everything."

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Man, am I bummed.

Today I went in to renew my soon to expire "non-compliant" Indiana drivers license, which oddly is still compliant enough to let me drive and vote in the state issuing it, and they didn't even fuss over me not wanting Real ID. I was really hoping there would be a scene when I declined the upgrade. :(

In fact, the person there was so nice to me, I gave them the smiley face vote on the customer experience quiz after the transaction.

Indiana gets a big red F for tyranny today. :):

p.s. Yes, I know starting in 2023 I won't be able to board aircraft, enter a nuclear power plant or select Federal buildings without one. Hopefully if the ATF/FBI/XYZ ever drag me in for questioning, I'll have to wait in the parking lot since I can't enter their buildings. :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Man, am I bummed.

Today I went in to renew my soon to expire "non-compliant" Indiana drivers license, which oddly is still compliant enough to let me drive and vote in the state issuing it, and they didn't even fuss over me not wanting Real ID. I was really hoping there would be a scene when I declined the upgrade. :(

In fact, the person there was so nice to me, I gave them the smiley face vote on the customer experience quiz after the transaction.

Indiana gets a big red F for tyranny today. :):

p.s. Yes, I know starting in 2023 I won't be able to board aircraft, enter a nuclear power plant or select Federal buildings without one. Hopefully if the ATF/FBI/XYZ ever drag me in for questioning, I'll have to wait in the parking lot since I can't enter their buildings. :D
    They were only really intense on the license tyranny in the first 8 years of the 10 years people had to make the change.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Man, am I bummed.

Just make sure you forget your passport when dragged in for questioning.

I didnt worry about realID because I knew if I needed to go there I had my passport to get me in.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I didn't get REAL ID because I don't travel, and if I do, I will happily drive wherever I am going. I also don't have a need to go into a federal building so I am pretty sure I'm good. When my 84 year old mother insisted she needed a copy of her marriage license from 1955 so she could renew her license, I lost it. My sister helped her get it. She isn't traveling at this point so there was no need to jump through their hoops.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I didn't get REAL ID because I don't travel, and if I do, I will happily drive wherever I am going. I also don't have a need to go into a federal building so I am pretty sure I'm good. When my 84 year old mother insisted she needed a copy of her marriage license from 1955 so she could renew her license, I lost it. My sister helped her get it. She isn't traveling at this point so there was no need to jump through their hoops.
    My wife had to get a marriage certificate that wasn't handwritten by the old country preacher who married us (which was good enough for the USAF.) Fortunately we got married in Washington County where the person who answered the phone at the Clerk's Office was the niece of a friend of Sheryl's.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    And, while the citizens of these United States are being "issued our papers" thousands of military age males are allowed to waltz across the border.

The central state go should fornicate with itself.
    YER DAMN TOOTIN!!! :):

I was going to say something to that effect if they hassled me, but alas, I got the nicest lady on Earth, dang it.

Top Bottom