• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I actually like most of the training I go to when I get sent by work. I still don't really like going anywhere, though.

Training would be one thing. My employer routinely ships people all over the globe for literal hob-knobery. Such as "management summits" just so international colleagues can meet face to face as well as "voice of customer surveys" where we go somewhere, listen to our customers complain about our products and nod understandingly at them, and then immediately disregard their feedback.

Haaaaard pass.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got my new license today since my old one is expiring soon. Only took a couple days to show up. Seems appropriate to show part of the letter attached.

Attachments

• 20210422_163237.jpg
      20210422_163237.jpg
      2.4 MB · Views: 52

bkflyer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    I had to get a new license this month. Went in with all the required documents. My social security card ( my original one I've had since 1965) was no good. The lady said I was not supposed to detach the card from the larger document. (You mean along the perforated lines?) So I hope my passport or mil ID works.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had to get a new license this month. Went in with all the required documents. My social security card ( my original one I've had since 1965) was no good. The lady said I was not supposed to detach the card from the larger document. (You mean along the perforated lines?) So I hope my passport or mil ID works.
    WTF?

You should call and see if it's OK to not remove your license from the envelope that it came in.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Ironically, my wife and I just got all the paperwork processed for ours today. She had to get a certified copy of our marriage license due to her name change, but luckily the records office was two doors down from the BMV. Took the records office 45 minutes to dig it up and stamp it, but we went around the corner and got lunch while we waited. The BMV trip only took about 15 minutes from the time we walked in the door. Less than two hours with drive time, and that was only because she needed the certified document. And yes, this was in Indy! (I'm quite shocked, actually.)

Other than a good lunch, the highlight of the day was Otis sleeping at the front door of the BMV:

6FA0FB1E-54E5-4587-911C-78D78287E215.jpeg

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Fortunately, they accepted my long-ago-laminated SS card from 1975. They did fuss over my birth certificate, which was actually a State Department FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad (born to American parents, both soldiers, in the Federal Republic of Germany). The clerk kept saying they needed my "real" birth certificate.

After getting the branch manager involved, they finally accepted my FS-240. Otherwise, my "real" birth certificate is in German, issued by civil authorities in Heidelberg.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ironically, my wife and I just got all the paperwork processed for ours today. She had to get a certified copy of our marriage license due to her name change, but luckily the records office was two doors down from the BMV. Took the records office 45 minutes to dig it up and stamp it, but we went around the corner and got lunch while we waited. The BMV trip only took about 15 minutes from the time we walked in the door. Less than two hours with drive time, and that was only because she needed the certified document. And yes, this was in Indy! (I'm quite shocked, actually.)

Other than a good lunch, the highlight of the day was Otis sleeping at the front door of the BMV:

View attachment 136805
    Had to get mine to get on base for son's graduation. They told me my military ID wasn't good enough because it was out of date. What gives on that? So the fastest was to get the star on my driver's license.

Also who around here issues updated ID'S? Atterbury? Or do I need to go online?

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    A few years ago I went to a branch I had:
    Ss card
    Passport
    Drivers lic
    And copy of birth certificate

Was told I didn't have what was needed and sent on my way.

What more do they ****ing want?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Fortunately, they accepted my long-ago-laminated SS card from 1975. They did fuss over my birth certificate, which was actually a State Department FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad (born to American parents, both soldiers, in the Federal Republic of Germany). The clerk kept saying they needed my "real" birth certificate.

After getting the branch manager involved, they finally accepted my FS-240. Otherwise, my "real" birth certificate is in German, issued by civil authorities in Heidelberg.

I got grief because my birth certificate had "For Official Use Only" stamped on it.
    Really?
    How much more "official use" can you get, than the damn government getting me an ID.. for the government.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Had to get mine to get on base for son's graduation. They told me my military ID wasn't good enough because it was out of date. What gives on that? So the fastest was to get the star on my driver's license.

Also who around here issues updated ID'S? Atterbury? Or do I need to go online?
    I don't know on that one brother. My buddy is out but not 100% disabled so he doesn't have access to the bases or PX.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Ss card
    Passport
    Drivers lic

Jeez. They used my current DL, a W2 with my SSN and another bill that had my address on it, utilizing it and the W2 for my two pieces to show my address.

Overall, the process was simple for me, but I was loathe to do it since I know it was just for the facial recognition software and tracking.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ss card
    Passport
    Drivers lic

Sounds like your birth certificate covered this requirement

ONE proof of identity is required.
    The most common documents you can use to prove your identity include:

• United States birth certificate. Must be an original or certified copy filed with a U.S. state or territory office of vital statistics or equivalent agency in your state of birth. Puerto Rican-born citizens must provide a birth certificate issued on or after July 1, 2010.
    • Unexpired United States passport.
    • Foreign passport with a visa and I-94 form.
    • Consular Report of Birth Abroad. The Consular Report of Birth Abroad is only issued to citizens that are under 18 years of age.

I seem to remember before that there was a requirement for 2 ids.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't know on that one brother. My buddy is out but not 100% disabled so he doesn't have access to the bases or PX.
    Atterbury so far has let me in with my old ID. However, Fort Leonard Wood, and Fort Huachuca required updated military ID or the new star on your driver's license.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Look at all you Boomers whining about the simple process of getting a Drivers License.

Let me go over to the Georgia voting thread and see all of your post about how requiring ID is not racist and any moron can do it.

Just teasing (sort of).

I didn’t have a problem a few years ago. Read the instructions, took a couple extra documents in case one was rejected. In and out in 30 minutes with a Real ID

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I was allowed to use my LTCH and motel receipt that happened to be in the truck. Had my name and home address on it. It's beyond comprehension that the BMV won't accept an ID they issued.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't have a gold star and don't plan to get one. I'm a rebel who has no need to fly and hope I get called for federal jury duty so I can stand outside and tell them they wouldn't let me in. :lmfao:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't have a gold star and don't plan to get one. I'm a rebel who has no need to fly and hope I get called for federal jury duty so I can stand outside and tell them they wouldn't let me in. :lmfao:

Problem with that, is if you need to fly "right now".
    Funeral, emergency, something like that.

Top Bottom