• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    It recently came to my attention that restaurants owned by BR Associates of Jasper Indiana are placing "No Weapons Allowed" signs on their entry doors. This has been a recent change and if it hasn't happened in your area it will soon. BR Associates ( www.brsidal.com ) owns Long John Silver, Wendys, Papa Johns Pizza, Denny's, Grandy's, and others all over the state of Indiana. This is a case where if we voice our opinion and vote with our dollars it could have an impact. This organization owns enough restaurants statewide that it is almost guaranteed there are multiple locations in your area. My family and I noticed when we were going to lunch sunday after church. Made it to the door when my wife pointed at the sign. We immediately left and went to Applebee's. I won't spend my money with a business that would choose to disarm me and then advertise to criminals that the patrons within are unarmed.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Who is the franchiser you are referring to? We are dealing with a large variety of different restaurants.

Okay, Franchising 101: The corporation doesn't run the individual stores, unless usually it's a flagship store. Franchise owners do: They "buy" the rights to the store, operate it for the company. They are the ones that often put idiotic rules in their stores about no weapons.

Wendy's doesn't manage that store, only usually giving the general guidelines of how to run it, what their expectations are and furnish the construction and operation guidelines on how they want it built and run. The Franchiser actually manages it, staffs it, puts up the loan money to build it in some cases, etc...

BR Associates is a FRANCHISE OWNER. I personally emailed Wendy's corporate about a weapons policy at a store before and was told that was up to the franchise owner.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I looked at the map of their locations and fortunately they don't own anything near me. I would really hate to have to give up Papa John's.

Also looking at their map; it would appear to me that if you like a particular restaurant then it won't be too hard to find a location that is owned by a different franchiser unless you live around Evansville.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Probably shouldn't recommend this as it could potentially be construed as vandalism but it would be interesting if 2A supporters had their own small and easily removed stickers made up. Folks could keep a few in their wallet or purse and place one beside any no firearms allowed signs. The sticker could have a message or pictogram letting the business know that they lost a customer due to their policy. It would allow people to make a quiet and respectful message to the owners & managers of these establishments.

Just a thought. I have my doubts that it could be done without someone going too far and trying to stick one on a manager's forehead while screaming obscenities but it could be a subtle yet powerful message from our community. "No Guns - No Funds" or something to that effect.

ETA: Apparently not an original idea, Google tells me it's been/being done

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Probably shouldn't recommend this as it could potentially be construed as vandalism but it would be interesting if 2A supporters had their own small and easily removed stickers made up. Folks could keep a few in their wallet or purse and place one beside any no firearms allowed signs. The sticker could have a message or pictogram letting the business know that they lost a customer due to their policy. It would allow people to make a quiet and respectful message to the owners & managers of these establishments.

Its been around for a while in a slightly different form. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/160720-no-gun-no-%24-cards.html

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I tried to email them, but got an error. May have to send a letter letting them know they will not receive any more money from my family.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I tried to email them, but got an error. May have to send a letter letting them know they will not receive any more money from my family.

It would be interesting to know if they are just anti-gun, or are they just trying to head off the drama they've seen at other stores and the blow back by the Demanding Moms, or if Bloomberg has paid them off or whatever is driving them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Our local Denny's did this after the convenience store clerk was shot down here. I asked the server why. When she told me, I said, "So your manager wants all the patrons to be easier victims in case someone came in here to try the same thing? More to the point, you can't know if anybody is carrying if you don't see it. The policy is stupid. And I seriously doubt it will stop the criminals."

I'll continue to carry and eat where I want. Their signs mean nothing.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It recently came to my attention that restaurants owned by BR Associates of Jasper Indiana are placing "No Weapons Allowed" signs on their entry doors. This has been a recent change and if it hasn't happened in your area it will soon. BR Associates ( www.brsidal.com ) owns Long John Silver, Wendys, Papa Johns Pizza, Denny's, Grandy's, and others all over the state of Indiana. This is a case where if we voice our opinion and vote with our dollars it could have an impact. This organization owns enough restaurants statewide that it is almost guaranteed there are multiple locations in your area. My family and I noticed when we were going to lunch sunday after church. Made it to the door when my wife pointed at the sign. We immediately left and went to Applebee's. I won't spend my money with a business that would choose to disarm me and then advertise to criminals that the patrons within are unarmed.

I always OC so I guess this doesn't affect me, LOL.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, with yabos like OCT, 2A supporters created their own problems, and are now facing the consequences of those actions. Ironically, there were plenty that supported, endorsed, or perpetrated similar stunts as OCT who now complain of the results.

We did it to ourselves, and as any sensible person already knew, the resulting consequences were easily foreseen and not surprising.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Looks like the ones in my town aren't owned by that franchiser.

That's good because I sometimes get a craving for a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich that just can't be dealt with.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, with yabos like OCT, 2A supporters created their own problems, and are now facing the consequences of those actions. Ironically, there were plenty that supported, endorsed, or perpetrated similar stunts as OCT who now complain of the results.

We did it to ourselves, and as any sensible person already knew, the resulting consequences were easily foreseen and not surprising.
    Leave me out of your we, please. I support OCT and all other proponents of the Constitution. Exercising one's rights is not a "stunt" in my book. More power to them.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Its not just In Indiana we recently mover from Indiana to Tennessee being new to the area we were looking around and decided to stop in at a Papa Johns and right on the front door was a no firearms allowed sign. In Tennessee the sign carrys legal weight. Not that I have a problem with private property rights however we decided not to go in because of the sign. Ultimately we emailed the franchise owner who told me "yes we do not allow guns in Here for the safety of our employees. He could care less and was not willing to have any discussion regarding the policy. I thanked him for his time and let him know that he did not need to worry about us carrying in his establishment because we would never purchase another piazza from Papa Johns again. He seemed not to care at all about the lossnof our business. Funny thing is we found another piazza place that had much better piazza at a better price and they actually appreciated our business.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Its not just In Indiana we recently mover from Indiana to Tennessee being new to the area we were looking around and decided to stop in at a Papa Johns and right on the front door was a no firearms allowed sign. In Tennessee the sign carrys legal weight. Not that I have a problem with private property rights however we decided not to go in because of the sign. Ultimately knemailed the franchise owner who told me "yes we do not all guns in Here for the safety of our employees. He could care less and was not willing to have any discussion regarding the policy. I thanked him for his time and let him know that he did not need to worry about us carrying in his establishment because we would never purchase another piazza from Papa Johns again. He seemed not to care at all about the lossnof our business. Funny thing is we found another piazza place that had much better piazza at a better price and they actually appreciated our business.
    Why would he? It's not going to make much of a difference in his bottom line. Those kinds of businesses lose and gain customers almost daily.

Top Bottom