• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Its not just In Indiana we recently mover from Indiana to Tennessee being new to the area we were looking around and decided to stop in at a Papa Johns and right on the front door was a no firearms allowed sign. In Tennessee the sign carrys legal weight. Not that I have a problem with private property rights however we decided not to go in because of the sign. Ultimately we emailed the franchise owner who told me "yes we do not allow guns in Here for the safety of our employees. He could care less and was not willing to have any discussion regarding the policy. I thanked him for his time and let him know that he did not need to worry about us carrying in his establishment because we would never purchase another piazza from Papa Johns again. He seemed not to care at all about the lossnof our business. Funny thing is we found another piazza place that had much better piazza at a better price and they actually appreciated our business.

I don't know where you are or if they're still in business but if you're near Knoxville---Stephano's is an excellent alternative!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    We are a bit west of Knoxville. Were in middle Tennessee. But I do have go into Y2 every so often so I will check them out next time I am there. We live a good bit out of town so when the weather cools off getting the piazza home hot will no longer be an issue the Papa Murphy's piazza place here makes your piazza to order then you bake it at home. I know sounds like a dumb idea but we tried it and really enjoyed it a d for about $10.00 get a large pizza and bread sticks and a two lifer of soda.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Leave me out of your we, please. I support OCT and all other proponents of the Constitution. Exercising one's rights is not a "stunt" in my book. More power to them.
    The actions of OCT showing up, en masse, and 'posing' for photos holding rifles 'at the ready' is, indeed, a 'stunt', and a political stunt, without doubt.

This is not the same as someone just walking in, armed, ordering something to eat or drink and going about their daily business. It was planned as a stunt, and perpetrated as such. 'Proof'? The response seen from the various businesses. The resulting consequences were easily anticipated and the results easily avoidable.

The response here just proves my point, actually. :yesway:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I used their website contact link:

http://www.brsidal.com/contactform.html

To send them this:

By way of your kneejerk corporate actions of posting no guns signs at the entrances of your stores, you are now being boycotted by the 37,000 members of a large online firearms community and all of those potential customers in our spheres of influence. For all of these years since Bob & Lovella started the business I have never heard of a single incident involving a gun and especially by a legally licensed gun owner. You have effectively advertised your stores as being gun free zones where an armed criminal will have no resistance. Good luck with that !

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The actions of OCT showing up, en masse, and 'posing' for photos holding rifles 'at the ready' is, indeed, a 'stunt', and a political stunt, without doubt.

This is not the same as someone just walking in, armed, ordering something to eat or drink and going about their daily business. It was planned as a stunt, and perpetrated as such. 'Proof'? The response seen from the various businesses. The resulting consequences were easily anticipated and the results easily avoidable.

The response here just proves my point, actually. :yesway:

It's your option to roll over and give up your rights. I choose to go down swinging. More power to OCT, I hope they continue to ridicule Texas' un-American, anti-Constituion open-carry-rifles-is-ok-but-not-pistols law.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    <-------- Has meeting (unrelated to this topic) with BR Associates regional manager coming up .

<-------- Entertaining thoughts of OCing

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Good thing to know, I visit Jasper often and will avoid those places.:)

not just jasper, but wendys in evansville,newburgh,vincennes,terre haute, indy, and more
    long john silvers,evansville, henderson ky, owenboro ky,michigan and more!
    grandys in evansville, henderson,owensboro

br associates is a large corporation!
    they do own papa johns in some areas, but not evansville/henderson area

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Call BR Associates at 812 482 3212

Ask for Jane, Director of HR. I can tell you they never thought they would get the negative response that they are getting. We can get them to change if you keep calling them.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Who eats at those ****ty restaurants anyway? Their food is garbage. I wouldn't go there even if they were carry friendly.

Support your local restaurants instead of chains that pump out gross food.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Printing No Gun - No $ cards, it would be nice to see BR rchange this policy because stores were getting 2 or 3 of there a day.

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Noticed the No Weapons (guns & knives) sticker on the door as I was leaving the Denny's in Bedford last night. Feel sorry for anyone who orders a steak there. Gonna suck trying to eat that without a knife to cut it with! HaHa!
    Also the sign didn't stop me nor will it from CC'ing my XDS.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Noticed the No Weapons (guns & knives) sticker on the door as I was leaving the Denny's in Bedford last night. Feel sorry for anyone who orders a steak there. Gonna suck trying to eat that without a knife to cut it with! HaHa!
    Also the sign didn't stop me nor will it from CC'ing my XDS.

Well that sucks. I'd been there several times...though not in the last 2-3 months...and looked but had never seen such a sign.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Who eats at those ****ty restaurants anyway? Their food is garbage. I wouldn't go there even if they were carry friendly.

Support your local restaurants instead of chains that pump out gross food.

Kind of not the point. It's the message that these franchise companies are sending with these stickers on the windows: They don't want our business because of our right to bear arms. It's not just about the food, or supporting mom and pop. It's an attack on our fundamental rights, guaranteed by the Constitution.

Top Bottom