• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Ok, so how would the "no guns,no $ " cards work in this situation? Do I OC or CC as my preference & walk in to the bldg & hand the mgr a card & walk out waving my money ? Not sure how to get the point across. Thanks.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Please don't be obnoxious about it. You want them to want you as a customer. Be polite. Either don't carry or CC. Ask to speak to the manager. Inform them that you wanted to eat there, but that the sign makes it known that you aren't welcome. Let them know that you don't feel safe where a criminal feels that they have a gun free zone to work in. However if they change their mind and remove the sign, you will be happy to come back. Hand them the card and ask that they read it. Then leave. Your actions and the card will let them know that you are the good guy and aren't a threat.

Last edited:

Phoenix1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Greenwood
    Please don't be obnoxious about it. You want them to want you as a customer. Be polite. Either don't carry or CC. Ask to speak to the manager. Inform them that you wanted to eat there, but that the sign makes it known that you aren't welcome. Let them know that you don't feel safe where a criminal feels that they have a gun free zone to work in. However if they change their mind and remove the sign, you will be happy to come back. Hand them the card and ask that they read it. Then leave. Your actions and the card will let them know that you are the good guy and aren't a threat.

Couldn't have said it better. I think it goes without saying that when doing this, try and speak to a manager and ask that they forward the card to their manager or franchise owner.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Ok, so how would the "no guns,no $ " cards work in this situation? Do I OC or CC as my preference & walk in to the bldg & hand the mgr a card & walk out waving my money ? Not sure how to get the point across. Thanks.
    I would personally go in and ask for the manager. I would then politely hand them the card along with the receipt from one of their competitors and explain why they got my business instead and would continue to as long as the policy was in place.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Just seen on Facebook that BR Associates is changing their name to "Servus". Wonder if it has anything to do with all the heat they're taking right now. I live in Jasper, and I've heard quite a few people that are upset about this. I hate to see it because I've always liked Bob, he's a big contributor to our church, but now he's made me second guess my like for him.

Last edited:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I felt like some fried fish this evening after a SCUBA class, so I went to Captain D's instead of Long John Silver's in Bedford. No more BR Associates for me.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Just seen on Facebook that BR Associates is changing their name to "Servus". Wonder if it has anything to do with all the heat they're taking right now. I live in Jasper, and I've heard quite a few people that are upset about this. I hate to see it because I've always liked Bob, he's a big contributor to our church, but now he's made me second guess my like for him.

I would say the name change is more likely because of a sale of the company to some very monied interests. The whole operation and their massive real estate holdings make it ripe.

The name change is probably a precursor to start shedding liability.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Noticed the No Weapons (guns & knives) sticker on the door as I was leaving the Denny's in Bedford last night. Feel sorry for anyone who orders a steak there. Gonna suck trying to eat that without a knife to cut it with! HaHa!
    Also the sign didn't stop me nor will it from CC'ing my XDS.

Well that sucks. I'd been there several times...though not in the last 2-3 months...and looked but had never seen such a sign.

Update: I met some old work buddies at Denny's today for lunch and saw no sign. I thought I checked pretty carefully on both the outside and vestibule doors and didn't see a NO GUNS sign. Maybe they heard their customers and took it down?

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'll have to check the next time I'm by there. I heard Denny's wanted restaurants to remove the signs. It was just a little blue sticker with a picture of a gun & knife circled & crossed out. Below is the status from Top Guns in Terre Haute 2 days ago.

Top Guns
    September 8
    While we hated to see that Panera Bread has spoken out against guns, we are happy to report that Denny's corporate has asked their stores to take down their "no guns" signs. This is a big win and we hope to see many others follow. We thank each of you for spreading the word and making a difference.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'll have to check the next time I'm by there. I heard Denny's wanted restaurants to remove the signs. It was just a little blue sticker with a picture of a gun & knife circled & crossed out. Below is the status from Top Guns in Terre Haute 2 days ago.

Top Guns
    September 8
    While we hated to see that Panera Bread has spoken out against guns, we are happy to report that Denny's corporate has asked their stores to take down their "no guns" signs. This is a big win and we hope to see many others follow. We thank each of you for spreading the word and making a difference.

Good for them. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom