• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    If you want accuracy it's hard to beat a Savage MkII w/Accutrigger. If you are looking for a cheap plinking rifle Marlin's 795 is fantastic! It comes with sling studs and you can get Tech Sights for it. If you prefer a tube fed go for the Marlin Model 60. Of course, since these have all been mentioned before, I'll just say +1 to each of them.

I had a 10/22, traded it, and never looked back. My Savage is just as fast in aimed fire and MUCH more accurate.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    10/22 period.

Owned 1 for 15+yrs and never a problem. Bought a Rem. 597 for oldest son (I let him pick), we had nothing but trouble - Jamming/feed issues with 3 different types of ammo. 3 months later we swapped it for a 10/22. His younger brother never got the chance to pick. Now we all 3 have 10/22's and oldest son is beginning to BLING his out (and it still shoots great)

nhcruffler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Ruger 10/22 all the way. Every member of the family has one. No complaints at all. I had an old marlin with the tube feed. It fired " out of battery" ( bolt not fully closed ) and shrapnel hit the wife that was standing to the right & behind me. Needless to say that is one of the few guns I ever got rid of. A coworker bought a new Savage a few years ago and the cheep pot metal they used in the trigger group broke and he could not even get the action open. They had to send it bak to the factory for repair. Go with the 10/22 and be happy. nh

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Timely topic for me as I'm looking for a .22 to shoot for an appleseed event and I don't have anything that isn't tube fed. I'm looking hard at a Savage MarkII.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The only semi-auto rifle I have owned, still own, and has been 100%. Is my Remington 597. I have also owned a Kel-Tec SU22 and a Ruger 10/22, and was not happy with either one. I also own a Henry lever, and have been very happy with it. If you are considering a bolt action. The Marlin 925R is a good gun for the money. I paid just over $200 for the package, came with a 3x9x32 scope. Savage also makes a great bolt action rifle.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    ^^^this^^^
    The only ammo that mine doesn't like is Agulera (however your spell it, as I can't). I haven't had any issues with mine except every 200 rounds or so I'll get a failure to eject if I'm using Remington ammo.
    Other than that it's been a blast and you can find them on sale for right around $125.

+1 on the 795 Gander Mt has them for $99 after $25 MIR.

I was at Cabela's and found two 10 rd mags on their gun junk table that they setup every once in a while. One was marked $10 and the other $5. I tried to get them both for $5, and the checkout lady tried to tell me they weren't even supposed to sell these. :rolleyes: (Then why would there be a price stuck to them?) Whatever, here's $15, I'm out-of-here.

Mine likes the Wildcat HV stuff. It comes in a nice wood box to boot.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Got Model 60s for both of my daughters, and they love 'em. (both grown now.) They both still like to go out to grandpa's pond and target shoot. Got a mini model a LONG time ago for the grandkids, and #1 is quite impressed with the idea that I thought of him so long before he was born. Makes me smile. Also have a 10/22 that I toy with. It is a fun one.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Dick's has the Marlin 795 w/4x32 scope package on sale this week
    With the Marlin rebate you'll end up under a hunskey for a great shooting little rifle. These are great Appleseed shooters.

slyton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Albany
    I own a Savage .22 bolt. Pretty nice little gun, got it used with a scope. Took the scope off and the iron sights are still spot on. Mine, however, was before the company release the accu-trigger set up. I've heard good things about it but no personal info on.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    :+1:

I have a set of Tech-Sights on mine and it really completes the rifle. Hitting an 18x30 steel target at 75-100 yards is a piece of cake.

marlin795002.jpg
    Nice set up.....Tech Sights are awesome!!!!!

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I personally own a 10/22 and an 802. No complaints with either. Mine are both very solid. My 802 is the bolt action but they also come in semi auto. I will plink with both, but as far as I have more fun with the bolt action. I also prefer people who don't shoot on a regular basis, like the nephew to use the bolt action. That way he takes it one shot at a time... not one clip. haha

Top Bottom