Recommendations for budget 22lr bolt action.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My dad has a Rossi RS 22 he got from Rural king for under $108 out the door. I shot it in Iron sights at 50 using dad's bulk pack Winchester 555rd box. It loved them. Less than 1" group at 50 yards. He bought it for a cheap lightweight coon hunting gun. He doesn't want to use his old single shot anymore because it's a collector item now worth some money. This Rossi did great. I was very shocked by it's performance. No failures at all with 200rd through it. Only problem is only one magazine don't know where to
    To buy spares for him.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    My dad has a Rossi RS 22 he got from Rural king for under $108 out the door. I shot it in Iron sights at 50 using dad's bulk pack Winchester 555rd box. It loved them. Less than 1" group at 50 yards. He bought it for a cheap lightweight coon hunting gun. He doesn't want to use his old single shot anymore because it's a collector item now worth some money. This Rossi did great. I was very shocked by it's performance. No failures at all with 200rd through it. Only problem is only one magazine don't know where to
    To buy spares for him.
    shoprossi.com ... https://www.shoprossi.com/accessory-magazine-for-rs22-semi-auto-rifles-22lr-358-0001-00

$18.99 per magazine

flylo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2017
    decatur
    Rossi makes Mossberg 22s so the mags will interchange & use the 25 rd 715 mag. I bought 2 for $93ea & they run great!

To buy spares for him.

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    Savage mk2 fvsr. Even with the crappy stock it gets my vote. Get into the rifle for under 250 and put the rest towards a scope. Or save up a little more and get into a CZ. Only problem with getting a CZ is they tend to multiply

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    That is a very nice Model 60 ... squirrel stock and all.

Take a look at that front sight. It doubles as your magazine (tube) holder and is held on by a single set screw that can work loose. I've had seveal of these rifles over the years and one of the first things I do is put a drop of lock tight on that set screw.

Only other modification you might want to consider is to get a decent scope and scope mount. DIP (and others) make a picatinny scope base that slips onto the grooved receiver than locks in place with set screws. Makes a solid base for a nice Vortex Crossfire II scope and Warne rings. The trouble I have with scopes is that I need to build up the comb to get a proper cheek weld.

If I can find it, I'll post some infomation I have tucked away about a super affordable speed loader for the tube magazine.

Enjoy that rifle.
    Here's the [STRIKE]infomation[/STRIKE] information on the tube magazine speed loader. There are many more home made versions and several manufactured versions, but this is the easiest to work with and by far the most inexpensive.

Attachments

• Tube Speed Prepper.pdf
      172.6 KB · Views: 7

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Here's the [STRIKE]infomation[/STRIKE] information on the tube magazine speed loader. There are many more home made versions and several manufactured versions, but this is the easiest to work with and by far the most inexpensive.

Thanks for the info. I might have to make a few of those.

Top Bottom