Recommendations on a .22 LR non-revolver pistol?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Thanks, though I had nothing to do with it except write the check :).

Like most in this thread I love rimfires. About a third of the guns I own are .22s

capthis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2018
    Evansville
    Like most in this thread I love rimfires. About a third of the guns I own are .22s

It's funny how they keep multiplying!

My grandfather had a single shot 12GA break action shot gun, and a single shot .22lr bolt action Remington. That's all they had their entire life. The shotgun was a well used hand me down and the rifle was ordered from Sears and Roebuck catalog which they used to do years ago. I say all this to make the point we live in a great time as far as guns go. We have more choices than ever and they are more affordable than ever.

.22lr has exploded in popularity in recent years it seems and I know we shoot the heck out of them every chance we get!

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I’m sure the Ruger MK4 is a top of line .22 and probably everything or more than the S&W 41 is. Here’s my rub and why I’m completely not interested in the MK4. What do I do with the MK2 I’m afraid to shoot cause I can’t get it back together? Why did it take Ruger 4 tries to get what Smith did over 50 yrs ago?

No thanks Ruger 3 strikes and your out, if I would have invested a little more cash when I bought the MK2 I’d a had a 41 25yrs ago and worth 5X what a MK2 is worth. Not to mention the pure joy of shooting .22 perfection for the last 20+ yrs.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    My interest in the Mk4 basically died off after I got my S&W Victory for about half the money.

No, it is NOT the pistol that at Ruger is, clearly it's cost-reduced. Slide is bent and welded up, several castings and MIM part.

You know what? It doesn't matter. The thing is accurate, reliable, and cheap.

Add a couple TandemKross or VQ goodies if you want more. But with great sights out of the box and pretty decent trigger, it's one of my favorite guns to shoot.

Top Bottom