• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Unfortunately my wife likes Starbucks, at least until today. This morning I reluctantly went to Starbucks CC'ing my Glock 19 with my wife. I had been in this store many time before both OC and CC. We walked in the store and while waiting in line the manager walked up to me and asked me to leave. I asked her why, she stated that she knows that I have carried in the past and per Starbucks new policy anyone carrying a firearm is prohibited from being on store property. I asked if the ban policy was new since Mr. Schultz stated that he was just asking that weapons not be brought in the store but did not out right ban weapons. She stated that they were instructed to not allow anyone including Law Enforcement in the store if anyone knew or had a suspicion the person was carrying a weapon, regardless whether OC or CC. My wife stated in a not so normal volume voice, that since she will not the customers to be protected from bad guys, especially in this neighborhood, she will not be back and that she should inform the customers that they are now in a gun free zone. just like the schools. The manager told us to never come back or we would be arrested. My wife stated how you going to do that since you don't allow LEOS in the store.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Send a note to Starbuck's corporate. Almost certainly this store manager had overstepped their bounds. You may get free coffee out of it. You'll almost certainly get her "re-educated". Make sure you tell them exactly which store, and who told you about the "new policy".

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    There are several Startbucks in the South Bend area and I don't recall being sent to any for any such problems. I usually get my wife's coffee at the Starbucks that is part of a grocery store but have also been inside a stand alone store with no problems. As a matter of a fact the one stand alone I go to has an officer's wife working there

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    IIRC "toys R Us" has publicly stated a similar policy in the past. They said something like "unless you are responding to a call (there performing duties rather than just shopping) even LEO are not allowed on their property if carrying"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dunkin Donuts has very good coffee.

TRUTH! MUUUUCH smoother than SB. At SB I have to get something girly since they over-roast their beans.

I take my DD with cream and sugar. Nothing fancy. To make straight coffee from SB palitable requires excess cream, carmel sauce, whipped cream, lots of sugar, etc. therefore its really not coffee anymore.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Email sent to Corporate Office. I'll post the response when I get it. I doubt most of what she said, especially the LEO part. But since she did ask me to leave and not come back we don't plan on going back regardless of what the response is.

Dunkin Donuts here we come...

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Starbucks is dead to me, ever since their CEO said they are "not anti-gun, but we don't want guns in our stores". Any corporation that thinks I'm stupid enough to fall for a blatantly infantile attempt to suck up to both sides of an issue like they doesn't get my dollars. I'm keeping my bucks away from Starbucks. I'll get my caffine fix somewhere else, or I will do without.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Unfortunately my wife likes Starbucks, at least until today. This morning I reluctantly went to Starbucks CC'ing my Glock 19 with my wife. I had been in this store many time before both OC and CC. We walked in the store and while waiting in line the manager walked up to me and asked me to leave. I asked her why, she stated that she knows that I have carried in the past and per Starbucks new policy anyone carrying a firearm is prohibited from being on store property. I asked if the ban policy was new since Mr. Schultz stated that he was just asking that weapons not be brought in the store but did not out right ban weapons. She stated that they were instructed to not allow anyone including Law Enforcement in the store if anyone knew or had a suspicion the person was carrying a weapon, regardless whether OC or CC. My wife stated in a not so normal volume voice, that since she will not the customers to be protected from bad guys, especially in this neighborhood, she will not be back and that she should inform the customers that they are now in a gun free zone. just like the schools. The manager told us to never come back or we would be arrested. My wife stated how you going to do that since you don't allow LEOS in the store.

Uhm... just wow. That's about all I can say to that. I was already not a fan of Starbucks before, not being a coffee drinker and being cheap, and that my money got funneled to them via my wife purchasing drinks with names as long as my arm, but this would just tick me off.

Basically, they are saying, "In the past, we know you acted legally and within our previous policies as well, but your past behavior, is no longer acceptable given our new policy, and you must leave, even though, we have no idea if you are acting according to our new policies now."

I understand they have a right to refuse service, but seems like a pretty stupid act on the part of a business, with a repeat/loyal customer, when there is no clear violation of their policy.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Remember the good old days when a few insane women could not force a rewrite of corporate policy. These are the same corporations that will be asking why an active shooter targeted one of their locations. Go ahead and advertise a no firearms policy. Go ahead and be sure everyone knows you are gun free. This is precisely the information someone will be looking for when they become disenchanted with their life and decide to make a statement.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    First of all, **** Starbucks.

second, this is why I no longer OC and haven't for a while. What the sheeple don't know, won't hurt or spook them.

Note to self: Boycot Starbucks. Added to my list

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

That's pretty amazing. They must have more business than they know what to do with otherwise, unless you're causing more trouble than you're worth, I'm going try to keep you coming back and giving me your money.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Remember the good old days when a few insane women could not force a rewrite of corporate policy. These are the same corporations that will be asking why an active shooter targeted one of their locations. Go ahead and advertise a no firearms policy. Go ahead and be sure everyone knows you are gun free. This is precisely the information someone will be looking for when they become disenchanted with their life and decide to make a statement.
    My wife and I just were discussing the same thing. Looks like SB just lost us as customers and several of my coworkers when I tell them about this.
    Which SB was it?

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    I don't stop at STARBUCKS, but I (used to) buy their products at Gas Stations, etc.... I guess it's MONSTER Coffee Drinks from now on..... :coffee:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom