• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was getting off shift from the firehouse and had a 6 hour drive to take. All I got was radio reports for those 6 hours...
    On a side note, and I really mean a side note. Did anyone else notice that there is nothing on Google's main page about the attacks? I've seen Google honor all sorts of people and dates... hmmmm

"Some people did something and we need to move on." I'm sure is the tone at HQ

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Hard to believe 18 years have gone by. I just got back from NYC a few days ago, would have liked to stay for today, but had to get back to work.

If anyone has the chance to see the fountains, do it, they are something to see. I have seen them a few times, special place to visit.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was working as a court deputy for the Sherrif's dept that day. I was going to the city market to get something before court started when I learned of the first tower being hit. I remember walking back into the ccb and seeing fear on most peoples faces. That is when I learned of the second tower being hit. I went to the court office and everyone was huddled around the tv. Shortly after the pentagon was hit, the decision was made to evacuate the building. And the again the fear on so many faces and the number of people crying was chilling.

The world was forever changed that day

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I think 9/11 is like Pearl Harbor, whom ever was alive during the event will be able to recall exactly where they were and what they were doing like it was yesterday. I can clearly remember entering my dorm hall after 0800 western civ. class and walking thru the hall hearing bits and pieces about it then finally realized what happened when I got to my room and turned on the tv and seeing the second plane hit.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Teach your children, remind your family, friends, and colleagues of what this day means.

On 9/11 I worked for the 10th largest aircarrier in the US. I watched as our enemies used the tools of my profession as weapons against our Nation.

Eighteen years ago, September 11th, 2001 our World changed. This was “my” generations Pearl Harbor, against a far more elusive enemy.

Remember…

North Tower Attack

Five hijackers crash American Airlines Flight 11 into floors 93 through 99 of 1 World Trade Center (North Tower). The 76 passengers and 11 crew members on board and hundreds inside the building are killed instantly. The crash severs all three emergency stairwells and traps hundreds of people above the 91st floor.

South Tower Attack

Five hijackers crash United Airlines Flight 175 into floors 77 through 85 of 2 World Trade Center (South Tower), killing the 51 passengers and nine crew members onboard the aircraft and an unknown number of people inside the building. The impact renders two of the three emergency stairwells impassable and severs a majority of the elevator cables in this area, trapping many above the impact zone and inside elevator cars.

Attack at the Pentagon

Five hijackers crash American Airlines Flight 77 in to the Pentagon. The 53 passengers and six crew members on board perish. The crash and ensuing fire kill 125 military and civilian personnel on the ground.

United Flight 93

United 93 was climbing to cruising altitude, heading west over New Jersey and into Pennsylvania. At 9:25 am, Flight 93 was above eastern Ohio, and its pilot radioed Cleveland controllers to inquire about an alert that had been flashed on his cockpit computer screen to "beware of cockpit intrusion." Three minutes later, Cleveland controllers could hear screams over the cockpit's open microphone.

Todd Beamer told Lisa Jefferson (a United Airlines Customer Service agent) via AirCell that the passengers were planning to "jump on" the hijackers and fly the plane into the ground before the hijackers' plan could be followed through. Beamer recited the Lord's Prayer and the 23rd Psalm with Jefferson, prompting others to join in. Beamer requested of Jefferson, "If I don't make it, please call my family and let them know how much I love them." After this, Jefferson heard muffled voices and Beamer clearly answering, "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll." These were Beamer's last words to Jefferson.

When the plane's voice data recorder was recovered, it revealed pounding and crashing sounds against the cockpit door and shouts and screams in English. "Let's get them!" a passenger cries. A hijacker shouts, "Allahu akbar". Lebanese terrorist Ziad Samir Jarrah repeatedly pitched the plane to knock passengers off their feet, but the passengers continued their assault and at 10:02:17, a male passenger said, "Turn it up!" A second later, a hijacker said, "Pull it down! Pull it down!" At 10:02:33, Jarrah was heard to plead, "Hey! Hey! Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me."

The plane crashed into an empty field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania at 580 miles per hour, killing everyone on board. The plane was twenty minutes flying time away from its suspected target, the White House or the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. According to Vice President Dick Cheney.

(With thanks to Wikipedia)

Before the attackers plan could be completed the everyday American’s on flight 93 had already began to fight back. Like the Militia members at Concord’s North Bridge, when attacked American’s rose to the challenge. We haven’t stopped since.

REMEMBER!!!

My name is on several job cards on flight 93's aircraft. Coincidentally I had been asked to join the investigation team that United was sending to Pennsylvania but I told them I wouldn't be able to deal with all those little yellow flags and carry out the job properly.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    "Some people did something and we need to move on." I'm sure is the tone at HQ
    They have to crush patriotism and events or reminders of events where we were all unified as 1 country and just people helping their neighbors. Not democrats or republicans but people who cared about innocent people being killed by terrorist ****bags.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Saw the TV News at work, then all went quiet in the sky. (Planes were grounded). Little bit later, a multiple swooshing noise from sky revealed 3 F16 Fighters enroute to Chicago. Fast movers, higher altitude, and appeared to be armed under wings.
    Called my Wife, she and I spoke and said buses were bringing home my older son(9 years old)as school got cancelled. My youngest son(1 year old)was playing and having a good day.

Asked if we had bread and milk, and couple cases of water, all good.

Came home at 3:00pm and TV was all over NY Trade Center, Pentagon, and Flight 93. Sad, and mad that terror would shape our nation to force us to another war. Observed an afternoon Service at Church, and a Rally in our Town Square to USA.

Opened my safe, retrieved and loaded my guns. All of them. Fueled my cars, picked up some groceries, and walked around my home wondering where my weakness was in securing it. Filled my propane tanks for my grill, took inventory of batteries, and stocked plastic sheeting and duct tape. Started a lifetime of preparedness and included my Wife to learn to shoot target practice. We have 2 sons to Protect. They will hopefully understand the loss of life that sunny morning on 9-11-01.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I remember walking into a truck stop and seeing what I thought was a disaster movie on the TV display. Wasn't a movie. Then the second plane hit the building. Still feel like there is work to do in the middle east and Afghanistan. No political will to see anything through that might offend someone though.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I was getting off shift from the firehouse and had a 6 hour drive to take. All I got was radio reports for those 6 hours...
    On a side note, and I really mean a side note. Did anyone else notice that there is nothing on Google's main page about the attacks? I've seen Google honor all sorts of people and dates... hmmmm

Actually, on the search page, they have a small American flag with a black ribbon under the search box.

Pretty pitiful for a company that exists because of this Nation and it's Constitution.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was in bed watching TV (couldn't walk or stand because of my spine injury) when I saw it. It was tough to process as real because I'd been out of the real world for years and everything I saw on tv seemed the same because it was just an image to me.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    heart-911-2019-sm.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    https://www.godupdates.com/story-be...=fbpage&utm_source=cwpg&utm_campaign=cwupdate

Story Behind Pic From September 11 Photos That Was So Sad, Newspapers Only Published It Once

I know it can be considered in poor taste to show human victims of events such as this. I don't offer this link up as an appeal to emotion but there is a connection that can be made on entirely different level when we see the human toll as opposed to only the devastation done to buildings.

God rest their souls.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Saw something similar this morning. Didn't have time to share it before. I always go put the flag at the VFW at Half mast, then go off alone for a drive during this time, but I copied the idea. During my drive, the chimes would go off... This is what I did to remember. I'll do this from now on...

70118771_2359585217623291_8897932872959131648_n.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sadly my new flag on my newly raised flagpole is at full staff as I wasn't thinking about today's date at 5 a.m.

This indiscretion will be corrected when I get home.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Actually, on the search page, they have a small American flag with a black ribbon under the search box.

Pretty pitiful for a company that exists because of this Nation and it's Constitution.

They must have gotten a bunch of flack over it, not showing up on mine. I've got a screenshot if anybody can tell me how to share it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    One enduring memory I have from the days after was this performance on the telethon they ran all over the place...

[video=youtube;ZeNA4R3Xh9E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeNA4R3Xh9E[/video]

Always loved that guy and that song, but the way he sang it that night was perfect for the moment.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My name is on several job cards on flight 93's aircraft. Coincidentally I had been asked to join the investigation team that United was sending to Pennsylvania but I told them I wouldn't be able to deal with all those little yellow flags and carry out the job properly.

Kudos for you for knowing your limits. Too many people can't do that and end up making a mess due to their inability to know their own limits.

Saw something similar this morning. Didn't have time to share it before. I always go put the flag at the VFW at Half mast, then go off alone for a drive during this time, but I copied the idea. During my drive, the chimes would go off... This is what I did to remember. I'll do this from now on...

70118771_2359585217623291_8897932872959131648_n.jpg

I actually set this up. I couldnt find a somber enough tone built in so I created a ringtone of just the first 3 chimes of the bell from AC/DC's Hells Bells and used that.

Tony Katz... being Tony Katz... found a way to make 9/11 about himself.

Not surprised at all.

I noticed that too. He's usually right, but he can be a bit of a Narcissist. I'd give him a little more slack if he had actually BEEN in one of the two suspected targets in DC. (White House/Capitol) But he wasnt so it was stretching.

Amazing to me how hard it still is to listen to this 18 years on. I really need to clean my car because it was entirely too dusty.

Top Bottom