• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jim2100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Hi
    I just applied here in Gary without any trouble at all. I called ahead and asked what was required and the times to come in to make the application. It was a very friendly experience to be sure. I wore a shirt and tie thinking that I was going to have to take a photo. There was an 82 year old woman to my left and two other women on my right and a man and another younger woman all in the same room. Several of whom were customers of mine at the store that I work at. What a surprise. I provided the two money orders, filled out the paper work, was finger printed and was on my way. A very pleasant experience. It is suppose to take about six to eight weeks for the permit to arrive. It cost $100.00 for the lifetime permit.
    When my permit comes, I will go to Bass Pro Shop, the FFL dealer that I had the gun shipped to, and pick it up. I bought mine online form WWW.Impactguns.com in Utah

Jim

bcco

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Went last week to update to Lifetime LTCH in Boone County and was super easy. The officer that finger printed me did a great job and the older lady that filled out the paperwork was just as friendly. Couldn't have been easier. I love Boone County and of course having Ken Campbell as Sheriff is even better.

What did the officer that printed you look like??? Could have been me!!! Since the election, we have been non-stop on gun permits.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    My LTCH expires 2/1/09 and I have just filled out the online form. My question, will I have a "lapse in coverage"? Will my old "expired" license get me by until my new license arrives?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My LTCH expires 2/1/09 and I have just filled out the online form. My question, will I have a "lapse in coverage"? Will my old "expired" license get me by until my new license arrives?

Your existing license along with your renewal application receipt are good until they either renew you or deny the application.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4.

tr1290

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    ECI
    This may be a stupid question, but State law says that if you live in the limits of a town or city, you have to apply at the police department rather than at the sheriff's office. Do I still have to do this even though there is rarely anyone at my local police department?

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This may be a stupid question, but State law says that if you live in the limits of a town or city, you have to apply at the police department rather than at the sheriff's office. Do I still have to do this even though there is rarely anyone at my local police department?

Yep. Sorry. Many PD's have stated days and times when you can come in to apply, or you have to make an appointment.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I went today and just made it before they closed. I got there at 3:55pm and they said that the finger printing booth was closed. I was like they dont close til 4:00pm..? Then the lady said that I could go try to see if they would finger print me. Long story short, since it wasnt 4:00pm yet (and after they tried to make me feel bad that they HAD to finger print me) they went ahead did it. Thank God! My permit expires 2/1/09.. That was a close call.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Syracuse, In
    I hust applied for the Lifetime. They returned my still valid permit to me along with the reciept for the new license, That was on Jan 23,09

I had heard of others sending in their licenses but nothing is mentioned on the web and at the Kosciusko Sherrif they didnt mention it.

gunner4564

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    The ladies down at the marion county fingerprinting area are the best, you just have to know what you want. The problem I have is always ending up having to go with some coworker who forgets she has a camera in her purse...end of that trip.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Of note, the online application process now includes Clinton County as well.

Miami
    Wells
    Boone
    Howard
    Marion
    Clinton

Thought you guys might like to know.

Blessings,
    Bill

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    got mine back today. Applied 12/18/08 recieved 02/25/09 9 weeks total. I was expecting 12 to 16 weeks.
    Now for the laminated copies. Do you guys carry the copy or the original. I can copy on almost exact pink paper

jim2100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I am going to Office Max right now to copy the permit. I am going to make several copies and sign each one, so that the signature is not copied. then I plan to laminate each one with a photo for the gun I am going to carry on the reverse side. Which will give an officer an idea of what I am carrying if I am stopped.
    Even if I have to pay for a color copy, I think it will be worth having a copy on my person that is an exact duplicate.

Jim

Last edited:
    Top Bottom