• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Have been sending letters to everyone from political members, to friends to letter to the editors o every newspaper within 30 miles of here...We have to do our part to keep our rights!

schhrdkncks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Ohio county Indiana
    Reply back from Todd Young

January 3, 2013

Dear Mr. Morris:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Newtown, Connecticut Elementary School shooting. I appreciate hearing from you about this tragic event.

On December 14, 2012, our nation experienced an unspeakable tragedy in Newtown. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of this terrible event, as well as to their families and loved ones. Now is the time to pause and reflect as to how we can prevent such events in the future in a manner consistent with our rights and values. Rest assured, I support law abiding American citizens who choose to exercise their Second Amendment rights.

In the wake of this tragedy, several pieces of legislation are expected to be introduced in the 113th Congress. Senator Dianne Feinstein announced her plans to introduce an assault weapons ban bill on the first day of the 113th Congress which would ban the sale, transfer, importation and possession of assault weapons, as defined in that bill, not retroactively, but prospectively. Her legislation would also ban the sale of clips of more than ten bullets. Additionally, President Obama has announced that Vice President Joe Biden will be heading up an effort to form administration polices to curb gun-related violence. The White House’s emerging gun-control strategy includes support for an assault weapons ban.

In the coming weeks, I look forward to discussing with my colleagues these and other legislative options as we consider the current and future role of our federal government in preventing these atrocious tragedies. Be assured, I value your input and will keep your thoughts in mind as Congress debates these issues. Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives.

In Service,
    Todd Young
    Member of Congress

TY/JL

*Please do not respond to this email. This mailbox is unattended.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Article 1 Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I am greatly saddened by recent tragic events such as Newtown. It is an indication that the cognitive abilities of the individual responsible were not representative of society overall.

Under both the US and Indiana Constitutions (as cited above) citizens are guaranteed rights provided they are law abiding.

The recent hysteria, much promoted by the media, does nothing to change the fact that we are a nation of laws. This is to our benefit because it protects us from emotional reactions infringing upon our rights as citizens.

I wish we could make the world "safer" but at some point we must also make the individual responsible. When it comes to "gun control" legislation. That must be the overarching principle, is there something that can be done to make the world safer WITHOUT infringement on the individual citizen's rights?

Thanks for reading,

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Senator Coats #
    (202) 224-5623

Senator Donnelly #
    (202) 224-4814

I just talked to someone at Coats' office that said they would give him the message. She seemed to know about the Feinstein bill.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Emailed mine last week or the week before, I can't really remember. I don't want any rep, I just saw this thread. It's the least we can all do to protect an interest of ours that is under attack. I would do the same if they were trying to limit video games, movies, or anything else that I enjoy.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I already emailed Coats, Luger and Burton yesterday. I will work on snail mail versions tomorrow.

So far the Republicans have sold us out on taxes and spending. I have little faith that they won't sell us out on the Second Amendment as well.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When writing coats make sure you remind him of his promise. In an interview on Greg Garrison, Coats said that the biggest regret he had from his previous time in office was voting for the first AWB. He said it was a big mistake that he will never make again and that he would not support any new gun control legislation.

So while making your case let him know that you'll hold him to his promise. I'm fairly certain that Donnelly will vote for the ban. I fear Coats will as well since he went with party leadership on a number of other issues, including the fiscal cliff non-deal.

Just make sure he understands that voting for further gun control he is breaking the public and direct promise that he made to his constituents.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    That's a good idea. Printed snail mail is more meaningful than email. I'll pick up a book of stamps and some envelopes and get busy. Been sending email for three days already and getting tired of typing. Have also contacted many of the larger companies that sell firearms and ammo to urge them to do some extra lobbying. It might help.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    BA81638A-9A02-4A74-B5AB-061CCCE9317D-4279-000004E4726990AD.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    E-mailed some more letters asking for the opposition of the bans introduced the other day.

Donnelly still has no e-mail so a snail message is on its way to his door step in Washington.

Top Bottom