• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    When writing coats make sure you remind him of his promise. In an interview on Greg Garrison, Coats said that the biggest regret he had from his previous time in office was voting for the first AWB. He said it was a big mistake that he will never make again and that he would not support any new gun control legislation.

So while making your case let him know that you'll hold him to his promise. I'm fairly certain that Donnelly will vote for the ban. I fear Coats will as well since he went with party leadership on a number of other issues, including the fiscal cliff non-deal.

Just make sure he understands that voting for further gun control he is breaking the public and direct promise that he made to his constituents.

When I wrote Sen. Dan Coats, I did just that. I told him, that I heard him on Greg Garrison show, and that I would hold him to that .....

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Here is the letter I just sent to Coats, Young, and Donnelly via opencongress in regards to HR 21:

I am writing as your constituent in the 9th Congressional district of Indiana. I oppose H.R.21 - To provide for greater safety in the use of firearms. We already have a national database for firearms purchases, NICS. It is already a flawed system, false positives, needless delays, and the entire system being overwhelmed are not uncommon. With this new database there also exists a very high likely hood for abuse; Once there is a false positive, how difficult would it be to get corrected? Will the current NICS system be used as well? Will background checks override what is in this new database? This bill will not provide greater safety in the use of firearms as the bill title suggests, it will only add another layer of bureaucracy to an already overly regulated, "right" of the people.

If the 113th Congress would truly like to provide for greater safety in the use of firearms, institute general, mandatory, non-biased, firearms safety classes in all public education. That would go a lot farther to guarantee firearms safety than any currently proposed bill.

Please remember you oath of office and uphold the Constitution of the United States; this bill seeks to infringe further on the rights of the people.

Respectfully,

Jason A. Partridge

Tailwind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I'm saddened by the number of my fellow gun owners that don't care enough to call or write a letter.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Letters sent to senators Coats and Donneley and rep Rokita
    Called and left phone message at 2 talked with a gal at Rokitas office.
    Emails to Coats and Rokita, Donnely still hiding no email contact for him.

Top Bottom