• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The First National Bank o' Fenway couldn't afford to cash that many points, so they just crashed the system.

I tried to rep this to see what would happen, and the only option it gave me was to award 0 points. So I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    [STRIKE]Interesting. Hasn't shown up in my Rep page. It is obvious they are still tweaking the system. Apparently Rep isn't online right now. Also, haven't seen anything on exactly how the new system will work.[/STRIKE]

Edit: I did get the rep. Thanks for nothing. ;)

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Interesting. Hasn't shown up in my Rep page. It is obvious they are still tweaking the system. Apparently Rep isn't online right now. Also, haven't seen anything on exactly how the new system will work.

Maybe because it was for zero points, so I didn't initially send it. Does it show up now?

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    It looks like a more visual change than anything. I kinda like it. Looks like there is an auto save in the quick reply too? That will be nice Ive typed out some long posts only to have them erased for some reason or other and just gave up.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Just had the new format change before my eyes. So far the only thing that I like (as if my opinion matters) is the way it highlights quotes. THAT I like. I'll likely get used to most of the rest.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I too hope to see links highlighted in one way or another. Right now they appear as nothing more than bold face type.

Very confusing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The old advanced search used to have a way to search for posts started by a particular username. This was helpful in finding posts that I had started. I do not see a a comparable way to so that with the new advanced search.

You could set your settings to subscribe to threads you've responded to. I'd tell you how, but I'm not sure if it's the same with this new system.

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    So I see they decided to post the actual post date under the posters name as I suggested a year ago. I really like that feature as now we can tell when the thread was started. great job! :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe I missed it, but are you guys gonna put up a thread letting us know how to work all the cool new features?

Are subscription updates still being mailed? Mine does not seem to be working.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Every significant upgrade comes with teething pains and this one seems to have it's share. Here are some issues that I've seen with the new INGO upgrade.

1- Spambots. I've reported one, but there is at least a second. You can see the details here.

2- Links are not highlighted. I'm using Firefox, so it may just be my configuration. However, links in text are not highlighted in any way until you hover over it (like "details here" above). You can easily miss useful info that way. Can you turn on link highlighting by default or is there a way for us to do it?

3- [STRIKE]The UserCP is now under "Settings" at the top of the page. Really? I wouldn't call those settings at all. Definitely not intuitive[/STRIKE]. (Looks like this has already been fixed) Also, we can't minimize sections of this page that we could before. It would be nice if that was available again.

4- Trivial, but the tab icon for "vB4 default" INGO shows the vBulletin icon. The tab icon for the "mobile" INGO is okay. <-- Thats called a favicon.ico & will change back to the correct one in time.

5- WHOA. Big one. All rep comments and points just disappeared! <-- Done on purpose!

6- The comments after the arrows above are mod edits. No problem with the edits, but it didn't show up under "last edited by". Not sure I like this as it allows the mods to change the text and it looks like those are my writings. I bolded them to make them stand out.

1- I can understand a change if the old software was not secure. But is this version more or less secure than the old one???
    2- Links not being highlighted by default is a BIG mistake. That needs to be changed.
    5- Rep points are useless. Bury them for good. And good riddance.
    6- A mod should NOT be able to edit my post. Delete it is it is against the rules, but DO NOT EDIT MY POSTS.

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    The old advanced search used to have a way to search for posts started by a particular username. This was helpful in finding posts that I had started. I do not see a a comparable way to so that with the new advanced search.

You can click you name in a post & go to your profile page or click your profile page link at the top of the page, you will find two links on the page for searching your posted content.

Click "Search Single Content Type" tab when your on the Advanced Search Page.

For what it is worth, THANK YOU, Anthony G .....

Your Welcome.

Whats this coupon drop down? is that built in to the new vB? Kind of annoying.

WTF is a "coupon drop down"?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    6- A mod should NOT be able to edit my post. Delete it is it is against the rules, but DO NOT EDIT MY POSTS.

Mods modify existing posts as a normal part of their work. For example, to remove copyrighted text or to insert some comments as they did in my post to provide immediate feedback for anyone reading the post. I really don't have a problem that that. It can be abused, but I think they use that power pretty responsibly. My only issue was that there was nothing to indicate that the post was modified.

Top Bottom