• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    While I'm disappointed at this outcome, I'd be interested in knowing what percentage of Republican voters y'all think would favor "repealing" the requirement for a permit to carry a handgun? I'd be surprised if the concept got 50% support even among Indiana Republican voters. (And you can play semantics all you want, but repealing the requirement is essentially what you'd be doing).

This outcome sucks - but I disagree with those calling these legislators RINOs. Being "not Libertarian" doesn't make you a RINO. In this case, it simply makes you a Republican. These guys are most likely representing Republican voters' interests to a tee. Most "R" voters are straight-laced people who prefer an "orderly" society. (Sunday alcohol sales? Who needs it?). How many cops on INGO even support it? "Carl Weathers" already said he wouldn't. Others are silent on the issue.

But regardless, we need to tune-up our understanding of what it means to be a Republican in Indiana. Up until relatively recently, most Indiana Republicans had been voting for Dick Lugar for years, and years, and years. Indiana is not a "Liberty" state. Indiana is a "significantly behind the rest of the country on social progressivism" state. It's not the same.

Yeah, pretty much.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Time to go. Term limits. Listen to your voters or get out you bunch of freeloading wang doodlers or it's Wang Chung tonight.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I said it else where but I'd vote "no" on this turd of a bill. This does not advance the ball. All it does is add bells and whistles that makes the current LTCH regime more palatable to more people. I'm of the belief that once people bought their lifetime LTCHs, there was no real impetus to go constitutional carry by most. They are done paying money and there's simply no advantage to them. Now that they're going to be free...sheesh, there'll never be a perceived need by even more folks. Then, the bit of a cherry on top of those opting for a "Brady Exempt" license so you can minimize the NICS infringement...fagetabouit. Add to all of this, as others have said above, the belief there's some inherent crime stopping, good guy vetting power of the pink card...I just can't see it happening for a long time.

Maybe it's time to stop wasting calories on this and see what we can do in other areas like removing carry restrictions as much as politically possible.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    From another thread one year ago:

...Why didn't we turn Bosma's name into a pejorative the last time he didn't actually do his job? Why didn't we give him consequences for his choices?

i.e. "I wonder if he'll just Bosma the bill again?"

We have instant access to social media and all we use it for is chatter? How bland. String some folks up for the crowd, make some demands, become the media.

Nagging letters are not consequences.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    We have a branch swamp here that needs to be drained. Email your legislatards all you want; you're just another mosquito buzzing in their ear. We need a Governor candidate that stirs up the public outrage that's been anesthetized by decades of impotence, and ride the wave into office even against the opposition of the establishment uniparty. I think there was someone like that once...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    We have a branch swamp here that needs to be drained. Email your legislatards all you want; you're just another mosquito buzzing in their ear. We need a Governor candidate that stirs up the public outrage that's been anesthetized by decades of impotence, and ride the wave into office even against the opposition of the establishment uniparty. I think there was someone like that once...

Yes, and it most definitely is NOT the worthless son of a b*tch we have now!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    100% of Indiana politics comes down to what Brian Bosma personally wants. If he doesn't like it, you don't get it.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    State congress made sure to allow legislators and staff the ability to carry on Capitol grounds, however left the rest of the state employees to depend on the Capitol police. They look out for themselves very well.

Anyway, I'm not sure I'd support constitutional carry, I inow this is quite "elitist" of me....but I went through the process and forked over the cash, the rest should have to as well. It's not that I don't support the second amendment, it's that I like knowing you have to at least get looked at to carry a gun legally here. I could see making the fees lower to make the license more accessible to people who would struggle to get $150 together for the lifetime, but at the same time firearms aren't cheap so if you're buying guns you can likely afford the one time fees for a license. I see both sides, and other points of view. I'm glad we get to talk about this instead of wondering if the government is going to totally ban all guns, so it's really a good problem to have...license or no license.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    QFT.

"Email this, write letters". Save your time and stamps, they don't give a *hit about your letters and emails.

Its time to vote them out.

Even still write and send them. I want to be able to have a clear conscious that I used all legal methods available to try and effect a constitutional change. No BOSMA probably isn't sober enough to even care but it still makes me feel better to let him know

Top Bottom