• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I have a Daltech Force Bull Belt, it is a wonderful belt. For the price I do not think that you could buy a better belt. I carry a xd subcompact in a CB supertuck and with this combo you do not even know it is there. Belt is stiff and very rugged. It will easily last 5-10 years. The hardware is unbeatable. I have a black belt with the roller buckle. Looking at the pictures in the initial review only the Beltman belt even compares and it is more expensive.

I highly reccomend the Daltech Force Bullbelts!!!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Awesome write up,,

I have used 2 Beltman, one 1.25" Bull Hide Black and one 1.5" Horse Hide Black for 2 years and 3 years respectively*** I will buy a 3rd Beltman in the 1.5" black next weeks. :yesway::yesway:

The Black Bull hide belt needs to be re-blacked once a year, but I wear it every day.

dljx3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Another option

Great review and some good comments, too. Another contender is Jerry Bissell's handcrafted gunbelts. I just got one and, my oh my, it is impressive. Two layers of leather with four rows of stiching. I understand Jerry handmakes each belt to order. In the note with the belt, he said he has some thick leather available if you really want a belt over 1/4 inch thick! Four colors, several buckels to choose from. He will also locktite the screws if you like. I am really impressed. It is very nicely done and quite good looking.

Here is a link to his site:
    www.jbgunbelts.com

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    After running my Daltech Force (Bullhide Belts) Super BIObelt this weekend in two classes I'm close to wrapping up my review of it. I'll be sure to link it here when I post it.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    UPDATE

INGOer lovemachine has been kind enough to send me a Wilderness 1.5" 5-stitch polymer-lined instructor belt to evaluate. I'll be including it, along with a Bullhide Belts BioThane belt, in a future update. :yesway:

333xtly.jpg

And???? :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE

So it's been almost a year-and-a-half since since the initial comparison review and I wanted to give a quick update on two of the belts I'm still wearing frequently.

I've worn the Cabela's Double Duty belt just about every day since the review. It's become my work belt and goes great with dress slacks and shirt. While it has conformed somewhat to my body shape, the leather hasn't softened as much as I expected for a $20 belt. It still holds its shape when buckled together. The finish, as predicted, has worn to a degree. This is seen mostly on high-wear areas like the belt keeper and where I keep my work keys snapped to the belt. The "crinkle finish" that I spoke of in the review is still present if you bend the belt in the opposite direction, but it hasn't caused any cracking in the leather so far. I haven't used any polishes or cleaners on this belt at all. All hardware is holding up well and hasn't tarnished.

dmxrax.jpg

At its $20 price point I feel I've gotten more than my money's worth out of this belt already. I would still recommend it to anyone looking for a budget gun belt. (Currently it looks like the belt is back up to its non-sale price of $39.99. Still a good deal, but at that point I'd go ahead and order a BioBelt.)

Cabela's Double-Duty Belt : Cabela's

Also worn every day, but with my casual attire, is the Daltech Force Super BioBelt. This has easily become my favorite all-purpose belt. Although I haven't tried truly destroying it, it has shrugged off my daily wear unlike any belt I've tried before. Like leather, the biothane has conformed itself to my body shape, but it hasn't softened, stretched, cracked, dried, or become unstitched or delaminated. The most wear I've noted has been the presence of some light surface scratches that are only noticeable in certain lighting conditions. Here at the year-and-a-half mark I think this belt is just warming up for many more years of use. Hardware is still shiny and tight.

2uiu9i0.jpg

Though I didn't pay for this belt I think its $46.95 price point is MORE than a good value. It manages to meet that rare balance of timeless styling, affordable pricing, and practical functionality. Barring any major waistline fluctuations, this belt could last the remainder of your life. IIRC Daltech Force is still offering an INGO coupon code as well.

http://www.daltechforce.com/belts/superbio-belt-the-indestructible-belt/

Here is a final picture of the two belts side-by-side. The BioBelt is on the left and Double Duty is on the right. As you can see, both have conformed to my body shape over time.

1z4hdz6.jpg

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Bought a bull belt a couple years ago and it's still holding up like new. Definitely worth the $60 and I wear it EVERY day. Extremely high quality. Buy once cry once And made in the USA. Someone asked me if I have any holster recommendations. I told them buy a gun belt.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Question: Why care about "round stability" when your torso is going to keep it stable on that plane anyway?

Wouldn't "interior material grip" matter more?

Top Bottom