• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I first learned about this bag from shooter521 and VUPDblue. I was loading up their gear for NFA Day 2009 and took note of the well-arranged pockets and how compact the overall bag was. Having just purchased the uber-popular Midway bag at the time, I thought the LAPG bag looked like an excellent option when wanting to travel light to the range with only a gun or two and the necessary peripherals.

I will preface this review by saying that I am not comparing this bag to the Midway range bag. IMO they are two very different bags that each serve their purposes very well. They are both priced extremely well, with the Midway at $40 (when on sale) and the LAPG at just $20. While the Midway bag is excellent at being a dedicated range bag, the LAPG bag can be used as a small range bag, or as a standby bug out bag.

For my own purpose, I have decided to first test this bag as a small dedicated range bag, and I have set it up as such. This is just an initial review, as I don't have much time with it yet.

I received this bag as a birthday gift from my sister, Kr_Treefrog2. She has good taste. :D

My very first impression was "I can't believe they can sell this for just $20."

DSC01380.jpg

This side has 2 pockets that can each fit 2 AR mags. The flap is adjustable by means of velcro, and can also be totally removed if necessary. In my case, I keep 4 CMMG .22 conversion mags in the pockets.

DSC01381.jpg

These two pockets are fairly small. I put some INGO cards in the left pocket, and a couple CR123 batteries in the right pocket.

DSC01382.jpg

Another small pocket. I've filled it with some cold-weather UA gloves.

DSC01383.jpg

On both ends there is a small water bottle sized pocket. There is an adjustable bungee strap over top that velcros to the front of the pocket. I've tossed in a few extra Glock mags in this one, and wrapped up some shooting gloves in the bungee.

DSC01384.jpg

The retainer bungees are also adjustable from the inside. If you wanted to keep the pocket empty, you could tighten down the straps to make the bag more low profile.

DSC01394.jpg

Behind the pockets on this side is a large pocket that runs the entire bag length. One side is completely velcro lined, and can accept various velcro accessories. If I was using this as a bug out bag I might put a holster and pistol here. Right now I've just got my Raven holster and a Blade-Tech mag pouch.

DSC01385.jpg

DSC01386.jpg

The zippers and hardware are nothing to write home about, but they appear of good quality and do the job well (so far).

DSC01387.jpg

And now the other side. . . .

DSC01388.jpg

In the opposite water bottle pouch I've got a 5.11 med pouch. This is not a full blowout kit, but more of a "bumps and scrapes" kit.

DSC01389.jpg

In this tall pocket I've got an Inova light, and I've also clipped a Buck Strider knife to the outside.

DSC01390.jpg

At first this odd-shaped pocket had me wondering what in the world I was going to put in it. A CMMG .22 AR conversion fits just perfectly. :yesway:

DSC01391.jpg

This central pocket has a covered zipper and velcro on the front for patches. I've stocked it with a notepad and other miscellaneous stuff.

DSC01392.jpg

On the left here are two VERY narrow and tall pockets. A pen is the only thing I could really fit here.

DSC01393.jpg

The inside comes with a T-shaped velcro divider that is removable. Right now I've just got eye and earpro in there, with empty space for ammo.

DSC01395.jpg

The bottom of the bag has some reinforcements for carrying heavier loads. There are no drain holes in any of the pockets.

DSC01396.jpg

Not shown: It comes with a padded shoulder strap that can be attached to two D-rings at the top of the bag.

So far I've been very pleased with this bag. I'll be sure to update this review as I get more trips to the range with it.

It can be had in black, desert tan, and OD green.

LAPG Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag Best Seller!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've actually been looking at this bag. I been reading other reviews to see if it would be worth buying. I have a very cheap range bag from wal-mart, and thought this may be a good replacement.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I first learned about this bag from shooter521 and VUPDblue. I was loading up their gear for NFA Day 2009 and took note of the well-arranged pockets and how compact the overall bag was. Having just purchased the uber-popular Midway bag at the time, I thought the LAPG bag looked like an excellent option when wanting to travel light to the range with only a gun or two and the necessary peripherals.

I will preface this review by saying that I am not comparing this bag to the Midway range bag. IMO they are two very different bags that each serve their purposes very well. They are both priced extremely well, with the Midway at $40 (when on sale) and the LAPG at just $20. While the Midway bag is excellent at being a dedicated range bag, the LAPG bag can be used as a small range bag, or as a standby bug out bag.

For my own purpose, I have decided to first test this bag as a small dedicated range bag, and I have set it up as such. This is just an initial review, as I don't have much time with it yet.

I received this bag as a birthday gift from my sister, Kr_Treefrog2. She has good taste. :D

My very first impression was "I can't believe they can sell this for just $20."

This side has 2 pockets that can each fit 2 AR mags. The flap is adjustable by means of velcro, and can also be totally removed if necessary. In my case, I keep 4 CMMG .22 conversion mags in the pockets.

These two pockets are fairly small. I put some INGO cards in the left pocket, and a couple CR123 batteries in the right pocket.

Another small pocket. I've filled it with some cold-weather UA gloves.

On both ends there is a small water bottle sized pocket. There is an adjustable bungee strap over top that velcros to the front of the pocket. I've tossed in a few extra Glock mags in this one, and wrapped up some shooting gloves in the bungee.

The retainer bungees are also adjustable from the inside. If you wanted to keep the pocket empty, you could tighten down the straps to make the bag more low profile.

Behind the pockets on this side is a large pocket that runs the entire bag length. One side is completely velcro lined, and can accept various velcro accessories. If I was using this as a bug out bag I might put a holster and pistol here. Right now I've just got my Raven holster and a Blade-Tech mag pouch.

The zippers and hardware are nothing to write home about, but they appear of good quality and do the job well (so far).

And now the other side. . . .

In the opposite water bottle pouch I've got a 5.11 med pouch. This is not a full blowout kit, but more of a "bumps and scrapes" kit.

In this tall pocket I've got an Inova light, and I've also clipped a Buck Strider knife to the outside.

At first this odd-shaped pocket had me wondering what in the world I was going to put in it. A CMMG .22 AR conversion fits just perfectly. :yesway:

This central pocket has a covered zipper and velcro on the front for patches. I've stocked it with a notepad and other miscellaneous stuff.

On the left here are two VERY narrow and tall pockets. A pen is the only thing I could really fit here.

The inside comes with a T-shaped velcro divider that is removable. Right now I've just got eye and earpro in there, with empty space for ammo.

The bottom of the bag has some reinforcements for carrying heavier loads. There are no drain holes in any of the pockets.

Not shown: It comes with a padded shoulder strap that can be attached to two D-rings at the top of the bag.

So far I've been very pleased with this bag. I'll be sure to update this review as I get more trips to the range with it.

It can be had in black, desert tan, and OD green.

Nice Review! I've got the same bag in Black, had it for a few weeks. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was that inner divider, just don't like the way it's shaped/set-up, but it's still a fantastic bag for the money. Mine has spare parts, 2 sets of glasses, 5 boxes of ammo, 9mm mags, borelight (short stubby light in the same pocket you have batteries), ear plugs in the pocket you have cards, water bottle in one end, etc. I'm thinking that long horizontal pocket would be great for a pistol cleaning rod...

Great bag! My first shooting bag, and I'm glad someone posted the sale on here!

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have a OD green and desert tan ones; the tan one is used as a med kit, and the green one is used for different things. I didn't realize the pocket flaps were removable on my tan one, on my older green one they're not. Blackhawk makes a velcro holster that fits/sticks in the side pouch... conceals a PM45 vertically without issue, but full size (1911, p220, M&P, etc) have to be canted pretty far to allow the velcro to close. I've had the green one about a year, and it's holding up very well.

Just noticed my clips are different:
    PA192955.jpg

Here's the "holster:"
    PA192951.jpg

PA192953.jpg

PA192952.jpg

The pair:
    PA192954.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I put 100' of 550 cord where your put your .22 kit, and the med kit has hemos/minor surgical stuff in that pocket^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Rt. Click save. I have been looking for a range bag that was a lot smaller than the darn starter bag I had been carrying. Thank u evan!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The only thing I wasn't crazy about was that inner divider, just don't like the way it's shaped/set-up,

So far I'm inclined to agree with you. It seems rather cheap and flimsy. I think I'll end up pulling it out completely.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have a OD green and desert tan ones; the tan one is used as a med kit, and the green one is used for different things.

That's the great thing-- at $20, you can buy several and have them outfitted for different uses. :yesway:

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I've had a black one for a couple months now. A great, compact range bag for an amateur like me. It easily holds two hand guns and various gear for an afternoon session.

In fact, it has so many pockets... I didn't even realize the side pulled open until your review!

My typical setup.

End pocket 1: 2 bottles of water
    End pocket 2: non-scented, alcohol free baby wipes for quick cleans
    Side A magazine pockets: a 50 or 100 round box of 9mm in each
    Side A middle, upper left: mag reloader
    Side A middle, upper right: compact LED flashlight
    Side A middle lower: pocket knife and leatherman wannabe
    Side B upper: shooting classes and cloth
    Side B lower: small bottle of rem oil, bore snake, cleaning cloth, qtips
    Main pocket: I kept the divider inside, and place my ear protection, a small towel, spare mags, mag holder, more ammo, 1-2 handguns in holsters, a slim bottle of Super QCG all-in-one cleaner/lubricant, a small pouch with a disposable rain coat, a flat full size knife in sheath... and still a little room to spare.

It was a GREAT buy and has worked very well on multiple trips to Eagle Creek range and Friday Night Steel events at MCF&G. I aught to buy another.

It will be going with me to the Ken Campbell, Intro to Defensive Pistol classes this coming weekend.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Evan:

1) I've owned my Bailout Bag for what, almost 2 years now? And thanks to your review, I discovered a "new" pocket (the flashlight one). :ugh:

2) You're going to make me get mine out and take pictures to compare/contrast our setups, aren't you? Heck, maybe that's a whole new topic... "Official Bailout Bag Pic Thread".

3) Good review, as always.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I have both versions of that bag, the standard and the large bail out bag. They are great bags for the money!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Where can one find one of these bags??

I didn't even realize the side pulled open until your review!

And thanks to your review, I discovered a "new" pocket (the flashlight one). :ugh:

This is great! hahaha

2) You're going to make me get mine out and take pictures to compare/contrast our setups, aren't you? Heck, maybe that's a whole new topic... "Official Bailout Bag Pic Thread".

DO EEET! I can even rename this thread if we want to use it.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    They're on sale right now and the more i look the more I add to my cart!!!! I don't know if i need to thank you or curse ya for showing me another place to spend money!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Is there any velcro lining in the main compartment, or just the side one? I'm guessing maybe there's some on the ends for the divider. Any on the sides? Or loops?

Great review, thanks.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    They're on sale right now and the more i look the more I add to my cart!!!! I don't know if i need to thank you or curse ya for showing me another place to spend money!

The $20 is their normal price. I once saw them go on sale for $15.

And yeah, LAPG kinda has that "Pringles effect" on folks.

Top Bottom