• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm THIS close to buying the bag. BUT. I need to get a better range bag. In your opinion, which I value a lot, which one is the better bag. This or the midway. I know this is a bail out bag, but I kind of think it would also make a nice range bag. Plus it's on sale.

I'm torn here!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is there any velcro lining in the main compartment,

It's not hook velcro, but more like a felt material that barb velcro will attach to. I just tried sticking my INGO patch to the inside and it did stick, but its not as strong as regular velcro, so I wouldn't recommend sticking a holster or mag pouch to the inside of the main compartment-- I don't think it would hold it in place well enough.

In your opinion, which I value a lot, which one is the better bag. This or the midway.

I like them equally, for different reasons.

The Midway is larger and will hold more stuff, but this also means it can weigh more.

The LAPG BOB is smaller and would be suitable for taking 1 or 2 guns plus ammo to the range.

So buy both. :D (starting with the $20 LAPG bag would be a good start. If you find that you need something larger later, get the Midway)

(also, the LAPG bag is not on sale-- $20 is the normal price)

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    lovemachine,

I know the question wasn't addressed to me specifically but the bags are different and for different missions. The LA bag is more of a softer style of bag and the midway seems to have a harder outside material and stays more true to its form. The LA bag is a bit smaller and also lighter. You can't go wrong with either.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Thanks again for the review. Thought it was interesting that this ==>>

Condor Tactical Response Bag

Looks like almost the identical bag (for another $15 more, although I suppose in fairness to Condor, it does include a universal holster, so maybe the difference is more like $6).

Regardless, good deal on the LAPG bag. :yesway:

MedicMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Henryville, IN
    Great review, I've carried one as an everyday carry bag for about a year now. It has held up to alot of abuse. the side pocket that is velcro lined holds my 92fs and nobody knows when I have it, let alone that pocket is even there. The second one I use a detacated range bag. For the price you can't go wrong.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I picked this up while I was waiting for the Midway bag to go back on sale. I think they are both great bags, and I use them both all the time, but I get more questions about where I got the bail-out bag. Its just too cool for school.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Great Review

I have two of these bags one in green and one in black. One is used as a range bag and the other is a medical / road kit I keep in the car.

I highly recommend these bags as they are a great deal and often go on sale at LAPG and can be picked up for as little as $14.95. I even posted a thread last month with video reviews when they were on sale - https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/107762-inexpensive_bail_out_bag.html

However I have made many purchases from LAPG and was very happy with them until my most recent purchase last month. It seems LAPG has become a hit and miss operation as others have reported (https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/online_merchants/111965-la_police_gear_shipping_times.html) Just be aware that if you make an order from them you might not receive a confirmation e-mail, you might not receive a tracking number and you might not receive responses to inquires about your order and you might not even receive your order at all. Seems their customer service department has gone the way of a Chinese fire drill.

Although I have had many quick and easy transactions with LAPG you should be aware that an increasing number of people encounter problems with them. The bags however are good to go.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Awesome review! Ive been looking at these bags for quite some time, but never picked one up. With such a positive review and ratings, I think its about time to pick up a few! Thanks again for the review! :D

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I love mine. I don't keep it dedicated to anything. It usually sits empty until I decide to load it up for the range. Well, I keep a few things in it always like a light, pen, pad etc...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    For the next 3 days everything at LAPG is 15% off, to include this bag.

lapg-15off-everything.jpg

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Went ahead and ordered the bigger one with the promo code as well . Accidently didnt choose black though :( If its too big I will sell.

Top Bottom