• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been pleased with all of their products I've owned. I still have one of the two Scorpions I bought on sale from Cutlery Shoppe back in the 90s. They were my first cool guy flashlight and replaced my Underwater Kinetics UK4AA for daily carry.

The MicroStream is a really nice gift too. I don't anyone who wouldn't like it ... unless they already had several of them.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My EDC Microstream just got a trial-by-fire so to speak. I threw some laundry in (including the 5.11s I was wearing today) and went outside in my gym shorts to mow the lawn. About halfway through the mow I realized that I forgot to take my Microstream out of the front mag pocket. By the time I got inside, the washer was done with it's wash cycle. Guess what? The Microstream still works :rockwoot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    My EDC Microstream just got a trial-by-fire so to speak. I threw some laundry in (including the 5.11s I was wearing today) and went outside in my gym shorts to mow the lawn. About halfway through the mow I realized that I forgot to take my Microstream out of the front mag pocket. By the time I got inside, the washer was done with it's wash cycle. Guess what? The Microstream still works :rockwoot:

Sadly my Surefire P6 did not survive the same test...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I realized that I forgot to take my Microstream out . . . . . the washer was done with it's wash cycle.

I've heard of guys tossing their handguns in the dirt and mud, but this is just craziness! :D

+1 for your shiny new MicroStream!

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I can attest to the Streamlight Pro's Stylus Pro & Microstream lights' durability, they are just about indestructible with the exception of the tailcap switch, the rubber button does not like gasoline. I dropped one of my Stylus Pro's into a drain pan full of 91~93 octane and it appeared to be fine. Wiped it off, stuck it in my pocket, used it most of the remainder of the day as usual. On the way home, I felt something moving in my shirt pocket. I looked down, saw the rubber tailcap switch was bubbling up like a miniature ballon, and I just squeezed it and it popped! Showed the Matco tool distributor next week, told him the story. You've got to love lifetime warranties, he simply chuckled and replaced it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ive read through the whole post...can this thing be purchased locally?

The only place "locally" I've seen it in-stock was from the Streamlight vendor at the Indy 1500.

I think Stephen R. Jenkins Police Supply @ 21st and Shadeland is a Streamlight dealer. I know you can take your lights there for warranty issues, but I don't know if they keep any stock.

Other INGOers have reported finding them online for under $15 shipped.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    When we were doing the night shoot portion of the EAG pistol course, Pat (Rogers) was showing me his new Pelican LAPD light (Pelican™*Products*7060 LED Flashlight). It's a monster. I asked him "have you ever seen what that thing [poops]?" He got this confused look on his face, and I dropped my MicroStream into his hand. He about lost it. :laugh:

The cool/sad/funny thing is that at 3 yards, the MicroStream appeared to be just as effective as my Insight M3 weaponlight when illuminating targets.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Looks like the new Stylus Pro is the longer version of the Microstream LED. Is this Correct? I have The Stylus Pro, and for something that uses AAA batteries, that thing is pretty bright.

Top Bottom