Lafayette

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Unless you have an HOA that bans them, no one should ever run out of chicken or eggs. Get yourself a few hens and a rooster. Renewable food source. We had 1/16 of an acre in Indy and still managed to always have two dozen hens. $13 a bag for food at Rural King, and that lasts quite some time.

We have more eggs than we could ever eat and I do 30 male meat birds every summer. We sell most of the eggs to the supplier for a few restaurants in Morgantown, and cook a full chicken about every two weeks, then make stock and stew. They go a long way.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Unless you have an HOA that bans them, no one should ever run out of chicken or eggs. Get yourself a few hens and a rooster. Renewable food source. We had 1/16 of an acre in Indy and still managed to always have two dozen hens. $13 a bag for food at Rural King, and that lasts quite some time.

We have more eggs than we could ever eat and I do 30 male meat birds every summer. We sell most of the eggs to the supplier for a few restaurants in Morgantown, and cook a full chicken about every two weeks, then make stock and stew. They go a long way.
    And, I think they are much better. Why are store bought eggs so much more runny?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom