Richmond police officer ‘fighting for her life’ after being shot during traffic stop

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    First and foremost prayers for the Officer and family. Mycase says SVF in possession of a firearm case from 2017.

According to the Indiana State Police, the shooting occurred near 12th Street and C Street in Richmond at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Police confirmed 28-year-old Officer Seara Burton was shot. She was flown to Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio.

“She is in very critical condition fighting for her life,” said Richmond Police Chief Mike Britt. “Those of you who pray I ask you to pray for her, because she can use it.”

Police said Burton responded to a call from other officers to help with a traffic stop at North 12th Street and C Street. Officer Burton found a moped driven by a male, identified as 47-year-old Philip M. Lee.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Prayers for the officer as well as a reminder for all of us. There are people out there that will shoot at a police officer in a New York minute so I figure they will give the ordinary citizen about a heartbeat before pulling the trigger. Staying strapped and aware of your surroundings as well as training is paramount in today's world.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Dang...witness said the bad guys sister said her brother was dead....haven't seen any updates if that is true yet, not grieving for that. Prayers to the officer to pull through, where she was shot doesn't sound good. Pure evil.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    What the **** is with people. I have zero issue with hanging people in the town square in situations like this. Its not like this guy would ever become a productive member of society anyway. No sitting in jail for years waiting for the chair, right to the rope.

Prayers for this officer and her family.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I can’t believe based on the facts thus far that the perp may still be breathing our air. You mean to tell me the other officers involved firing numerous rounds and this guy is still alive? Looks like those cops need some range practice!
    Lastly, my prayers go out to the wounded officer. I pray she comes through!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I can’t believe based on the facts thus far that the perp may still be breathing our air. You mean to tell me the other officers involved firing numerous rounds and this guy is still alive? Looks like those cops need some range practice!
    Lastly, my prayers go out to the wounded officer. I pray she comes through!
    I heard he actually made it a short distance from the scene, them cops must have terrible aim. I don't understand why he was not detained or searched.

Hope this young lady pulls thru. And once again............it is time we hold our prosecutors and judges accountable. Absolutely zero reason this guy was out of jail. Look at his record......he has been in serious trouble, prison stints......I just don't get it.

More power to you LEO's. I have no problem admitting I would be a terrible cop, like Charles Bronson terrible..........be careful out in the war zone and stay safe!

Top Bottom