Richmond police officer ‘fighting for her life’ after being shot during traffic stop

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    First and foremost prayers for the Officer and family. Mycase says SVF in possession of a firearm case from 2017.

According to the Indiana State Police, the shooting occurred near 12th Street and C Street in Richmond at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Police confirmed 28-year-old Officer Seara Burton was shot. She was flown to Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio.

“She is in very critical condition fighting for her life,” said Richmond Police Chief Mike Britt. “Those of you who pray I ask you to pray for her, because she can use it.”

Police said Burton responded to a call from other officers to help with a traffic stop at North 12th Street and C Street. Officer Burton found a moped driven by a male, identified as 47-year-old Philip M. Lee.

Upsetting to hear I sure hope she pulls through. But maybe we actually fry this guy? Why should he continue to be a burden on the public?

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I think most people figured it would end up this way. It is too bad. So young and just two weeks before her wedding.

There is zero doubt this guy did it. Let him stand trial then right to the rope. No sitting in jail for years with three meals a day. Walk him out of the courtrooms back doors, up a set of stairs with a noose waiting at the top. I will supply the rope.

hanging-horse.gif

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think most people figured it would end up this way. It is too bad. So young and just two weeks before her wedding.

There is zero doubt this guy did it. Let him stand trial then right to the rope. No sitting in jail for years with three meals a day. Walk him out of the courtrooms back doors, up a set of stairs with a noose waiting at the top. I will supply the rope.

hanging-horse.gif
    Her fiance and family had a "wedding" at the hospital on the day they were supposed to be wed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Lots of fail here... :xmad:

No one collected the rifle: Convicted felon now charged with Richmond police officer's attempted murder got plea deal after 'shocking failure'​

There is a chapter missing from this book somewhere. I'm not sure what the contents are, I can only speculate.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Prayers for the family and friends of Officer Burton. I don't have the words...

Top Bottom