Richmond police officer ‘fighting for her life’ after being shot during traffic stop

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I can’t believe based on the facts thus far that the perp may still be breathing our air. You mean to tell me the other officers involved firing numerous rounds and this guy is still alive? Looks like those cops need some range practice!
    Lastly, my prayers go out to the wounded officer. I pray she comes through!
    GFY with the "cops need some range practice." They shot at the guy, and hit him. Bullets aren't magic and not every person that is shot, dies. And if you think you can do better, let someone smoke one of your people in the head and see how well you can shoot afterwards. Because paper doesn't shoot back, ever. So STFU or put it an application and show them how its done.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I heard he actually made it a short distance from the scene, them cops must have terrible aim. I don't understand why he was not detained or searched.
    Because I respect you, I'm not going to give the same reply as above. There any number of reasons why he wasn't searched, most likely because the officers were following the law.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    GFY with the "cops need some range practice." They shot at the guy, and hit him. Bullets aren't magic and not every person that is shot, dies. And if you think you can do better, let someone smoke one of your people in the head and see how well you can shoot afterwards. Because paper doesn't shoot back, ever. So STFU or put it an application and show them how its done.
    Good job. Probably a couch commando sporting a beard, camo hat, and some kind of desert tan boots.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    An update. 28... I remember thinking how young the Officers were who are on @Frank_N_Stein 's team.

I hope and pray Officer Burton will get the chance to look at late 20-somethings as really young.

The 28-year-old officer and four-year veteran of the force was shot Wednesday evening around 6:30 while out on a traffic stop in the area of N 12th Street and C Street in Richmond.

Community members are rallying around the injured officer to show their love and support in return for what she’s shown the community. It’s their way to say “thank you” and that they’ve got her six in this fight.

“She can’t hear us right now, but we’re there and we’re not going anywhere,” said Doug Borgsdorf.

Officer Burton graduated from the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA) class 217 in 2019, the training academy confirmed.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Because I respect you, I'm not going to give the same reply as above. There any number of reasons why he wasn't searched, most likely because the officers were following the law.
    Thank you for your kindness sir. Sometimes I type before I think. I didn't even think about the laws to be honest, nor do I know the laws, and honestly.....I imagine it is very tough when someone is shooting and mass chaos breaks loose in 1-3 seconds.

In all fairness, now that I think about it......I once (maybe more) remember unloading my 870 at point blank range on a huge buck and missing it and that deer couldnt shoot back. Adrenaline is a nasty thing...and like you said, when someone starts shooting, hits your partner.....has to be very tough to stay focused.

Stay safe out yonder my friend.....we appreciate you guys and gals!

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    That's one of many laws that need some serious attention by our legislators to protect the thin blue line. Others that need attention include removing the good-time-served sentence reduction statutes and beefing up sentencing guidelines. Locally, this POS perp is a known career doper/felon/oxygen waster.

Seara and her family are my friends. As of 2:00 pm yesterday, she had survived one surgery. They took her off the vent and she was breathing on her own with stable vitals. She isn't out of the woods yet but yesterday's progress indicates she's oriented toward the tree line. She's a fighter!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I've not been following thos situation closely. Our youngest daughter is about the same age and it has brought to mind a level of empathy, sadness, and vengefulness that likely get me the boot here.

Wife mentioned to me today her understanding is that this young lady suffered a shot to the head. I had not heard that and wanted to ask of her understanding is correct.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I've not been following thos situation closely. Our youngest daughter is about the same age and it has brought to mind a level of empathy, sadness, and vengefulness that likely get me the boot here.

Wife mentioned to me today her understanding is that this young lady suffered a shot to the head. I had not heard that and wanted to ask of her understanding is correct.
    Your wife is correct, in that the officer suffered a shot to the head. Here's a fairly recent article from WTHR, with some additional details.

Along with you and all the others, I'm hoping for the best possible outcome.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Your wife is correct, in that the officer suffered a shot to the head. Here's a fairly recent article from WTHR, with some additional details.

Along with you and all the others, I'm hoping for the best possible outcome.

Thank you.

Is the thug previously from Elkhart County?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Based on his rap sheet, yes. Here's a link to his unbelievably long criminal history (dating back to 1990).

Thank you. I figured it likely.

This piece of **** should have been put down long ago.

As a father to a daughter, I find myself not wanting to imagine what her family is going through.

This piece of **** should be put to a humane death for his own safety.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thank you.

Is the thug previously from Elkhart County?
    I see you've been on Mycase. The cases from Wayne County and that area were quite extensive. Pretty common name, I figured it was a different criminal with the same name up north.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I see you've been on Mycase. The cases from Wayne County and that area were quite extensive. Pretty common name, I figured it was a different criminal with the same name up north.

I looked it up "mycase" after asking about the piece of **** up thread.

I have several friends and spend much time in the northern part of the state. The thug's name is familiar to me.

Like I said before, this piece of **** should have been put away long ago.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Is the thug in this latest matter a different one than I am familiar with from Elkhart County?

I want to clarify.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Thank you. I figured it likely.

This piece of **** should have been put down long ago.

As a father to a daughter, I find myself not wanting to imagine what her family is going through.

This piece of **** should be put to a humane death for his own safety.
    Why humane? Treat him like the filth you scrape out of your tennis shoe threads after walking thru the pig sty and be done with him already.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is the thug in this latest matter a different one than I am familiar with from Elkhart County?

I want to clarify.
    I do not know. When I looked at Mycase the Wayne County criminal had enough history to be the thug in question. I didn't look at the Elkhart County criminal's info on Mycase.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I do not know. When I looked at Mycase the Wayne County criminal had enough history to be the thug in question. I didn't look at the Elkhart County criminal's info on Mycase.

Time will reveal.

I know it does not make a difference in the battle at hand for this young woman and her family.

Top Bottom