• ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Edit: Here it is!

Ok, so I drive out to meet Officer Rahm at the East Side sector in Evansville at 5pm. He tells me where to park and greets me. We then go over some things in the car. Lonnie shows me his computer and how it works, interesting tid bit: in Evansville when the EPD runs your plates or license and you received your LTCH in the city then it will show up at the top of the screen. I wish it didn't seem like it was a warning and it was more of a "Hey this citizen is responsible and one of the good guys."

After the quick orientation we were on our way! In less than 20 minutes we were on our first lights on run! It was to an accident with injuries on the Lloyd Expressway. It was a pretty bad scene but only one person needed to go to the hospital and they didn't seem that serious. Lonnie told me about how they reconstructed bad accidents so they can see who was at fault and can figure out exactly how fast each of the cars was going and what direction. They use surveyers lasers to measure it which is a lot faster than the huge rulers they had back in the day. (I think Lonnie said he started back in the 70's) :)

I left my notes at work but I think we went to dinner after that, its hard to remember because thats all Lonnie talked about since I got in the car! Poor guy skipped lunch and it was about 6pm. So we went to this little pizza place off Weinbach and Walnut. It was interesting and I had never been there. I had a potato pizza that was pretty good indeed.

I'll jump straight to the good stuff: We had our next run to Health South on Covert where a disgruntled and possibly intoxicated man who threatened to hurt himself and he wanted to go to a different medical facility to treat him. We arrived and Officer Rahm approached him cautiously and did the standard meet and greet with a possibly dangerous person. He made small talk while he patted the guy down to make sure he was unarmed and the man handed him his ID. He told Lonnie that he "wouldn't take any guns or knives into a hospital."

Lonnie replied: "You would be surprised how often it happens"

The man sat back down while Officer Rahm assessed the situation and tried to get the man to leave on his own will. Another Officer came in the front doors and the man tensed up. This was a younger cop and I noticed a SWAT designation on his uniform. I also noticed the difference in how he was equipped compared to Officer Rahm, Rahm had his issued Glock 21 in a standard basket weave holster, a flashlight, handcuffs, radio, extra mags, and I think I saw mace. The other officer had his belt so full of tactical goodies I don't know how he grabbed what he wanted.

As soon as the Officer walked in the room the man became uneasy and noticeably more aggitated. After the new officer accused him of being homeless and just wanting a place to stay the man threatened to hurt both of the officers. I imagine this is where he really started regretting his descision making skills that night. At that point he was going to jail and it was up to him how easy that trip was going to be. It turns out not easy at all.

The man jumped up and screamed "I'm not going to jail! You can't take me to jail!" And proceeds to run around the room attempting to juke the officers...

More to come...

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I don't know about Lonnie or myself violating you but I definitely know a guy who would have liked to taze you...

God this story is good, I hope I get some down time to write it today. Otherwise it will have to wait until I'm off.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Sorry I did not create the ruckus like I was supposed too. Just didn't feel like having a cop and some guy on a ride along violating me last night:D
    Glad you didn't, we were busy enough as it was. Busy enough that dinner lasted a whole 15 minutes.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I sent a message to him. I want to be characterized as Clint Eastwood but that ain't gonna happen. He will probably make me look like Barney Fife.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Meet somewhere in the middle..maybe Clint Fife or howbout Barney Eastwood?

Top Bottom