• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    No problem. I know that it seems bad on the outside but, if I walk up to a car and all of a sudden there is a person with a gun how am I going to react or how would you react in my position.

I understand where you are coming from, I really do see both sides of it. The fact you are here, and let one of us ride along with you, says a lot about how you personally feel about gun owners.

Statistics show that Licensed Gun owners commit less than 0.25% of all gun crime, even less than that when we are talking about gun homicide.

If LEOs use the LTCH info accordingly, then great, but if they take it as a warning and see the LTCH as a negative and treat the citizen as a threat BECAUSE of the LTCH, that is where I would have a problem.

In short, the fact a citizen has an LTCH should be a sign the citizen is less likely to be a threat, not more.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I understand where you are coming from, I really do see both sides of it. The fact you are here, and let one of us ride along with you, says a lot about how you personally feel about gun owners.

Statistics show that Licensed Gun owners commit less than 0.25% of all gun crime, even less than that when we are talking about gun homicide.

If LEOs use the LTCH info accordingly, then great, but if they take it as a warning and see the LTCH as a negative and treat the citizen as a threat BECAUSE of the LTCH, that is where I would have a problem.

In short, the fact a citizen has an LTCH should be a sign the citizen is less likely to be a threat, not more.

Not criticizing and I apologize if it seems. It has never been me against you. In my eyes it has always been we against them. Them being the ones who threaten us each day. I strongly support the rights to carry a weapon in self defense. Lord knows (by seeing another existing thread) we need it.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Not criticizing and I apologize if it seems. It has never been me against you. In my eyes it has always been we against them. Them being the ones who threaten us each day. I strongly support the rights to carry a weapon in self defense. Lord knows (by seeing another existing thread) we need it.

I can truly back this up 100% having known Officer Rahm personally and spent a bit of time with him AS he is doing his job. He and other officers out there are truly on our side and we should support them in spite of the others who for whatever reason decide to become the enemy of freedom either for their own personal gain or mybe just satisfaction.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I can truly back this up 100% having known Officer Rahm personally and spent a bit of time with him AS he is doing his job. He and other officers out there are truly on our side and we should support them in spite of the others who for whatever reason decide to become the enemy of freedom either for their own personal gain or mybe just satisfaction.

Hey, thanks. Take care.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

As I said, I wasn't referring to you at all, but how rather how other LEOs(and they are out there) DO see it as us v them, and see gun owners as threats.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Is this only for in city residents or for those in the county as well, and is it per household? IE do I show on my wife's car because it is in both of our names. That could get sticky

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    As I said, I wasn't referring to you at all, but how rather how other LEOs(and they are out there) DO see it as us v them, and see gun owners as threats.

I don't know how to honestly answer that question. Overall I would say no. The reason is that we have a lot of officers who use "Red Brush". It's a public (membership) range. The PD contracts out to them yearly for some practice. I've seen a lot of friends up there and have developed some friends. I don't view them as anything else as people who own guns and I own guns too. I had a cousin that owned a ton of guns (200 rifle/shotguns and 100+ handguns). I viewed him as my cousin with a large collection.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    i shot at redbrush a few times with guy. hes retired epd you might know him. last i heard he got a good job with a big company. i heard the guy that had the gun shop in siegels got in on that gig too.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    i shot at redbrush a few times with guy. hes retired epd you might know him. last i heard he got a good job with a big company. i heard the guy that had the gun shop in siegels got in on that gig too.

I rode with Guy when we first went onto the PD. Here we were both on probation riding together. Talk about the blind leading the blind. To make matters worse, our back up car was a person also who was on probation.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    what did you guys do to get on probation? spill a beer at the fop on nelson?

My fault, I didn't explain. Our first nine months were on probation (rookies). There were 24 of us hired in a month period. There were too many of us to go around with seasoned officers besides none of them wanted to ride with us. So they started having us go to work with each other or by themselves. That would never happen today. Our probation period now is 1 year. We didn't know squat at 6 months.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    i used to be a member there years ago back when bobby d and tom b and all those guys was still around. im not sure ive seen a time when nelson wasnt on one side of the bar or the other. he was a good customer they never had to worry about going broke with him around.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    i used to be a member there years ago back when bobby d and tom b and all those guys was still around. im not sure ive seen a time when nelson wasnt on one side of the bar or the other. he was a good customer they never had to worry about going broke with him around.

Worked with Bobby D. Fun loving guy. I miss him. His dad was a photographer in the Pacific during the air campaign. One day he brought in a box of about 200 photographs, from the start to occupation. Quality stuff.

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    The first part of the AAR was good! Don't know about the second part!?!?

The ride along sounds fun. I would love the opportunity to do it myself.

Top Bottom