• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Make that 43 pre registered, I just did mine an hour ago.

I'm looking forward to it!

Question on camping, if I can I'll be driving down Friday afternoon/evening. Whats the latest we can show up that night? I don't plan on showing up at midnight but I'd hate to roll up right at nightfall and find the 'gates closed' work will determine how that goes.

Thanks!

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Prometheus,

The plans now are for instructors to be on-site from about 4 p.m. on Friday getting everything squared away. The gate may be down but it will be unlocked and I imagine we will be up 'late' yakking around the campfire so come on in.

Thanks again for making the long haul!

hawkhavn

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Prometheus,

The plans now are for instructors to be on-site from about 4 p.m. on Friday getting everything squared away. The gate may be down but it will be unlocked and I imagine we will be up 'late' yakking around the campfire so come on in.

Thanks again for making the long haul!

hawkhavn

If one is planning on camping on-site, do we need to notify anyone of this? I'm not sure how much room is dedicated for camping, and would hate to have to find somewhere else to sleep once I arrived.

Thanks for all the great information, and for volunteering your time. I look forward to meeting like-minded folks, and having some fun.:thumbsup:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    If one is planning on camping on-site, do we need to notify anyone of this? I'm not sure how much room is dedicated for camping, and would hate to have to find somewhere else to sleep once I arrived.

Thanks for all the great information, and for volunteering your time. I look forward to meeting like-minded folks, and having some fun.:thumbsup:

IMO you need to have your sleeping arrangements squared away before your arrival. There is zip around that area. Worthington is a few miles south of there but 1 restaurant and I do not think there are any motels. Spencer closes up early (Babb's IGA 24 hours) and only motel is Patriot Inn. Two closest State Parks, McCormick's Creek & Shakamak. Other than that, Bloomington, Linton or Cloverdale, Terre Haute area

State Parks & Reservoirs Shakamak

State Parks & Reservoirs McCormick's Creek

Patriot Inn, Spencer Hotels : Reviews of Patriot Inn - Yahoo! Travel

If you need further or get desperate PM or e-mail me and I'll see what I can do

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just a thought for those going:

I had a little free time yesterday, so went to the range to make "one last check" on the rifles I intend to use (one centerfire and backup, and the last-minute additon of a rimfire if I decide to use it some). I spent well under an hour on the range property, but still found several little things to correct. I found a mag problem with one, had to rearrange the sling setup on another, found the scope on the rimfire needed a lot of adjusting to focus at 25M from where I had it set for years, and I needed to touch up the zero on all.

None of these things were real huge deals, but I'm glad I found and fixed them NOW instead of having to waste time messing with them next weekend.
    I didn't spend much time, but it was time well spent.
    I spent maybe a total of 30 minutes on the ground shooting, and an hour or less at home correcting things. It would probably have taken longer to fix on the range.

So if you can sneak away to the range this week for a "final check", you might find it worth your while. Even if you can only go for a few minutes, you might find something that could save your weekend.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    IMO you need to have your sleeping arrangements squared away before your arrival.

If you need further or get desperate PM or e-mail me and I'll see what I can do

That is certainly my plan, and why I was asking about on-site camping arrangements. I could make it McCormicks Creek, but I thought on-site would be just that much more convenient. However, I didnt want to just show up without knowing if there in fact would be enough space for those seeking on-site arrangements.

Thanks for the quick reply, I look forward to any more info that comes my way. ;)

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    That is certainly my plan, and why I was asking about on-site camping arrangements. I could make it McCormicks Creek, but I thought on-site would be just that much more convenient. However, I didnt want to just show up without knowing if there in fact would be enough space for those seeking on-site arrangements.

Thanks for the quick reply, I look forward to any more info that comes my way. ;)

I've been here going on 3 years, can find my way around but there just isn't much here.

Spencer

1 Gun/Bait Combo store

Typical Fast Food - DQ, Pizza Hut, Burger King, McDonald's, Taco Bell, KFC, Wendy's, very small Wal-mart, 24 hr IGA (grocery)

Chambers - Best sit down (maybe only) buffet or off menu

2 maybe 3 bars plus the Moose, VFW, American Legion

Worthington

small IGA, Front Porch restaurant - home cooking, decent prices

I have plenty of space for tent camping, unlimited firewood, but short on bathroom facilities :rolleyesedit:

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I have plenty of space for tent camping, unlimited firewood, but short on bathroom facilities :rolleyesedit:
    I am somewhat familiar with the Spencer/Patricksburg area. Sounds like maybe my best bet is to head over to McCormicks Creek? Owen/Putnam maybe? We certainly dont need any issues with "inappropriate" bathroom locations, if you know what I mean... ;) Never having attended one of these events, I cant be sure, but I would like to think this will be "mixed company"...

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    All,

Unless all 50 folks show up with tents we'll have plenty of room. Actually we could probably fit 50 tents in but it would be a bit tight. The camping will be primitive (no power or water) but we'll have multiple porta-johns. :):

You don't need to notify anyone just show up at the range and let me know you're with Appleseed.

Looking forward to putting a lot of names to faces this weekend!

hawkhavn

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I will see you all on Sunday! I just lucked into a PSL but don't think I will have it for the shoot. Will try and get the AR ready to go instead.

I really am looking forward to a day of relaxation, gunsmoke, and history (past and present).

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Headin out later this afternoon to set up shop. Hope to be down there around early evening. Should be a fun and informative weekend... See you all there!:thumbsup:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Hope you guys got a good start today and have a ball tomorrow. I was able to sneak off to the range today to zero the AR.

So I guess I was there "in spirit".

Hope you have a great day tomorrow, and see you on Sunday!

P.S. For those who have not pre-reg'ed, there is still time to go! Sign up at the door.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Day one is in the bag.
    It was a little wet at times but not too bad.
    No pictures- I didn't want to get the camera rained on and the cellphone was dying, so will wait until tomorrow.
    The count I heard from Hawkhaven was 63 shooters.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Family & religious obligations fulfilled, loading up ammo and rifles. Gearing up, literally, will see you bright and early in the morning.

Gonna head out early in the AM just in case I get lost... :)

So 63+1!

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    OOPS!
    I hope you catch this.
    I should have mentioned- You don't need to be there until Noon today.
    That range has an agreement with loca churches that they don't shoot before 1 PM, so we will start at Nonn with a talk today.

Top Bottom