• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccarver497

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2017
    Greenwood
    I have a CZ 455 Tactical and I love it. If you ever want to make any upgrades get the Fly Weight trigger. Although expensive it is worth’s the money. Getting a DIP rail is the way to go as well!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I haven't posted in this thread for a while, so I thought I'd add a few pics.

Recent pic of the gun (with old scope):

kmlOSeNh.jpg

New scope mounted:

Qqx8f44h.jpg

First trip to the range to dial in the scope at 50 yards (didn't have time to go to 100 yards):

klCxZ3oh.jpg

Best groups:

DOHZqTHh.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Most of the time I was using CCI SV. The pink dot next to the dime and the green dot marked .30 in the pic are both using Wolf Match Target. I really need to do an ammo test to see what this rifle likes. I can't afford to shoot match grade stuff a lot, preferring to shoot CCI SV most often. I don't mind buying expensive ammo once in a while to see what the gun will do. I don't plan to compete, but just shoot for the fun of it.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I like that Ruger thumbhole!:yesway: I have the plain plastic stock Ruger American carbine in 22 Mag but I can see myself with a 22lr version somewhere down the road. I think I will probably get a stainless version as I have no stainless rimfire rifles.

Some years ago I planned to buy an Anschutz 64 MPR as the price then was not too out of reach. Waited too long and the price went way up! I did meet a guy with a 64 MPR and was able to shoot it and it turned in a pretty nice group for me.:)

My best out of the box 22 rifles in regards to accuracy have been my two CZ 452s. One was bought new in 2002 for $189 - it is the Special now called a Trainer. The other is an American bought new in 2008 for $339 if I recall correctly. I was out shooting the older CZ yesterday and it turned in a couple of fairly nice groups despite the breezy conditions with Wolf Match Target. I have an old Burris 12X on it.

Also have a 10/22 Deluxe with Volquartsen barrel that is a really good shooter.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I like that Ruger thumbhole!:yesway: I have the plain plastic stock Ruger American carbine in 22 Mag but I can see myself with a 22lr version somewhere down the road. I think I will probably get a stainless version as I have no stainless rimfire rifles.

Some years ago I planned to buy an Anschutz 64 MPR as the price then was not too out of reach. Waited too long and the price went way up! I did meet a guy with a 64 MPR and was able to shoot it and it turned in a pretty nice group for me.:)

My best out of the box 22 rifles in regards to accuracy have been my two CZ 452s. One was bought new in 2002 for $189 - it is the Special now called a Trainer. The other is an American bought new in 2008 for $339 if I recall correctly. I was out shooting the older CZ yesterday and it turned in a couple of fairly nice groups despite the breezy conditions with Wolf Match Target. I have an old Burris 12X on it.

Also have a 10/22 Deluxe with Volquartsen barrel that is a really good shooter.

Sounds nice! My other .22 bolt action rifle is an Anschutz 1700 FWT that is very accurate. Started me in this whole rimfire craze!

rarobertson33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My dad just gifted my 2 daughters with a Nylon 66, each! He won't tell me what they cost, but know he has had a long time and found them just for this purpose. I know he says he had one a long time ago, way before my time.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Keystone Arms 722. I have the PT version and like it a lot. It's a shame their website is so poor (lacks any real information on the rifles beyond some photos and MSRP) and they don't advertise it at all anywhere. They are nice accurate little rifles. I wouldn't mind having the standard wood stocked version.

They have a 1 MOA guarantee ( which I think is pretty bold for a rimfire ) and the basic rifles run between $250 and $400.

thumbnail_FB3672A6-2609-4C14-B30C-B097778499D1-L.jpg

Last edited:

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Keystone Arms 722. I have the PT version and like it a lot. It's a shame their website is so poor (lacks any real information on the rifles beyond some photos and MSRP) and they don't advertise it at all anywhere. They are nice accurate little rifles. I wouldn't mind having the standard wood stocked version.

They have a 1 MOA guarantee ( which I think is pretty bold for a rimfire ) and the basic rifles run between $250 and $400.

Thats nuts! Did you have to thread your barrel yourself or is there a model with it?

Top Bottom