• ...and so much more!
  • JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    Nice shooting wtb.

I backed off a little and got a diamondback tactical 4-16x FFP for NRL22 type of shooting. I'm expecting to need the 4-5x for 25yd offhand shots. Mostly position shooting with very little bench work in the game to take advantage of 20x+. Hoping I don't regret going FFP as the reticle gets difficult to see at the lower powers on some backgrounds.

Let me know how you like it. I am looking at the 6-24.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Spent a couple hours on the range with my stepson today. Nice day for shooting, but my groups were only OK. Best at 25 yards was around .31 while my best at 50 yards was around .41. Was busting lollipops with no issue at both distances. Did have better consistency today as well, but only while using match grade ammo.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Yeah, I know, but my miserly little heart really hates that... :):

All the miser has to decide is at what level of (non-) performance his cold little heart is content.

There aren't many free rides in rimfire ammo.

-Nate

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    All the miser has to decide is at what level of (non-) performance his cold little heart is content.

There aren't many free rides in rimfire ammo.

-Nate

True enough. I still enjoy shooting lollipops with CCI SV at 50 yards because it's fun and economical. I'm starting to think if I want consistent groups that can be covered with a dime that I better start buying more match grade ammo :(

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Rimfire ammo is kinda like hot rods....Mickey Thompson once said "what goes faster rectangular dollars or cubic inches" that being said, do you wanna ok groups or do you really want small groups,that will amaze your shooting buddies? Besides, you put regular glass in a hemi car......feed that Annie a (steady) diet of good ammo....RWS or lapua or Eley.....SK is plinking ammo for my Annie!
    sometimes you gotta pay to play ! And rimfire is one of those! Now find some ammo your rifle really likes and come to my rimfire sniper match

Aaron

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Rimfire ammo is kinda like hot rods....Mickey Thompson once said "what goes faster rectangular dollars or cubic inches" that being said, do you wanna ok groups or do you really want small groups,that will amaze your shooting buddies? Besides, you put regular glass in a hemi car......feed that Annie a (steady) diet of good ammo....RWS or lapua or Eley.....SK is plinking ammo for my Annie!
    sometimes you gotta pay to play ! And rimfire is one of those! Now find some ammo your rifle really likes and come to my rimfire sniper match

Aaron

Sounds like a plan sir :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I kinda wish I'd picked up one of the CZ's, but then I also wish I'd picked up a Tikka or an RPR. So many good choices available... :yesway:

You are still young enough to collect them all by the time you are 60. I have a bit of time left but need to get in gear. Why 60? That’s the age that I plan to give up my last ‘give-a-damn’ about crap in general and just enjoy shooting in the never ending pursuit of the true one-hole group.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You are still young enough to collect them all by the time you are 60. I have a bit of time left but need to get in gear. Why 60? That’s the age that I plan to give up my last ‘give-a-damn’ about crap in general and just enjoy shooting in the never ending pursuit of the true one-hole group.

:laugh:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    New case for my RART:

HGv6Fh1h.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Aaron
    I will be there with my RPR .22LR and plenty of CCI SV.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I will be there with my RPR .22LR and plenty of CCI SV.

View attachment 77600

that was from my rprr at 60 feet 10 rounds of eley target (the yellow box) it was 7.00 at a lgs

View attachment 77599

that was after 10 more rounds of the same ammo, im going to buy more if they still have it, it shoots better groups than cci sv! (the blue square is 1/4 inch)

I did do the ball point pen trick to my rprr, the trigger is a lot lighter now (sorry I don't have a trigger pull gauge know the weight)

Top Bottom