• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm thinking about getting new scope rings for Annie and switching the scopes so that the 6x24x50 is on it and the 4x12x40 is on the RART. I'd at least like to test to see which would does better at 100 yards.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Imagine growing up like this. I've got a few years to pick out an optic

ZbtLyWQ.jpg

wmbraswell2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2019
    COLUMBUS
    Who doesnt love rimfires its prolly where 99% of us started. I remember my .22 chipmunk single shot .22 accurate and fun. Seems like yesterday I was 5 years old shooting cans while my Dad watched.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Who doesnt love rimfires its prolly where 99% of us started. I remember my .22 chipmunk single shot .22 accurate and fun. Seems like yesterday I was 5 years old shooting cans while my Dad watched.

I wasn't lucky enough to shoot when I was a kid. I didn't get into guns until I was well into my 40's. Guess I've done it backwards... :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wasn't lucky enough to shoot when I was a kid. I didn't get into guns until I was well into my 40's. Guess I've done it backwards... :):

I got into guns at about 10 but then took a big hiatus from the age of 18 until 45. I really regret not staying into guns back then. I missed some epic deals when I was distracted with life’s other noise.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I got involved with shooting at 20 yrs. old, my last year of my "1st phase" of college in Arkansas.
    That continued until around mid/late 30s, then life changed and I sold everything (nearly) and didn't do any shooting until 2 yrs. ago.
    If I would have known of a community like INGO back then, it would have helped to stay active with it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Trying to decide whether to go after a Ruger Precision Rimfire .22LR rifle since it is bolt action.
    I have the Ruger 10/22 model 1132 Mannlicher semi-automatic rifle now with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9 x40 scope.
    I was thinking I "need" a bolt action as well as a semi-auto, but if I had to choose, which direction should I lean if I don't keep both?
    Be content with the 10/22 (shoots wonderful for my purposes, b/c the Precision is just a "little" better at 100 yrds, but not much at 50 yrds?
    I mostly will be shooting only 25 yds. at Point Blank, but will occasionally shoot further if I get into an outdoor shooting place (MCF&G or Fall Creek).

I could go back and find the page where this was talked about, but thought I'd try the short version first.

I have considered finding a CZ bolt action since it was recommended.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The diff at 50 is there, just may not show as much LOL.

I had a 10/22 target build, a 10/22 sporter and a CZ 455.............all at same time.
    Kept the CZ.

It has a more general use type of stock, isn't too heavy and seems to do OK w non match ammo.

It wears a lesser mag scope since most shots will be offhand to 50 yards or so.

Think it doable, but am not thrilled.
    Just doesn't look/feel as good as the old 10/22 sporter.

But the goal is to hit stuff, maybe small stuff...........and there it smoked the old fingergroove.
    I refused to put any more time or $ into making the cool 10/22 into a shooter.

My target 10/22 shot like I wanted. But did not have the feel.
    Sometimes compromises must be made.

Or not.

Can buy/build/trade/sell and keep searching for the perfect rig.

I said "screw it" and chose to adapt.

Shot pretty regularly for a couple decades. So the fun/newness just isn't there.
    Just want a gun dialed in so I can have it ready to hunt.

I'll tinker for a bit, test......but once "arrived" I am a set it and forget it.

Target shooting for me is a bore.
    Get a couple good groups/adjust scope and done.

.5" or less at 50 yards is good enough for me.

The guys on RFC are working on tweaks and shrinking stuff to less than .25" center to center.

I just don't want to play that game.
    Fine if others do.

Since most of my shooting won't be from a bench, just not needed.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Trying to decide whether to go after a Ruger Precision Rimfire .22LR rifle since it is bolt action.
    I have the Ruger 10/22 model 1132 Mannlicher semi-automatic rifle now with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9 x40 scope.
    I was thinking I "need" a bolt action as well as a semi-auto, but if I had to choose, which direction should I lean if I don't keep both?
    Be content with the 10/22 (shoots wonderful for my purposes, b/c the Precision is just a "little" better at 100 yrds, but not much at 50 yrds?
    I mostly will be shooting only 25 yds. at Point Blank, but will occasionally shoot further if I get into an outdoor shooting place (MCF&G or Fall Creek).

I could go back and find the page where this was talked about, but thought I'd try the short version first.

I have considered finding a CZ bolt action since it was recommended.

I’m not the 22 expert but given my experience and observations, I’d be hard pressed to not highly recommend a CZ for out of the box accuracy. IMHO. Nothing against the RPR - it’s an excellent platform and tdogg has posted some stellar groups with his aftermarket barreled RPR.

This is 3 three shot groups at 50 yards from a stock cz455 with a leupold 2-7 scope and you can be assured - it’s not the shooter, it’s the gun.

6f553f109ff6a2004ddd948398638a36.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom