RIP Neil Peart....Heaven just got a great drummer....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wonder if his cancer was a big reason behind the band retiring? Almost sounds like it by what Geddy Lee said at the time. Even heard something the other day about some people pushing them to get back together for a brief reunion.
    RIP.

Fighting it for 3.5 years... "retired" in 2016... it does add up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And one of my favorite album covers ever! I have a glass ashtray with the album cover in the bottom of it, don’t even remember where I got it, but it’s one of the coolest, oddest collectibles I have.

I picked up the 1st Rush album. It was good enough to get me interested. Fly by night came out and we all just fell out. I have it on CD. The differences when NP joined them is night and day over the original line up.

I will be playing everything I have the next few days for sure.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Heckuva nice guy. Something just didn't sit with the way it ended a few years ago. If the tendons were the reason, it would have caught up with a lifelong drummer well before his 60s, especially the way these guys toured.

Now I understand.

What incredible integrity as a person. Just about anybody in the world who was as much of a badass as he was, could have been more of an a-hole about it. So glad he got to see Rush indicted into the Rock Hall. I remember how Yes had to hire Geddy Lee to play the bass part on Roundabout for their induction. It would never make sense to see somebody else playing Neil's famous parts.

This is a bummer. I'm going to envision Ginger Baker and Neil having one heckuva jam session now.

Last edited:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    A little off topic.
    [video]https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=rush+music+video+working+ma n#id=1&vid=61a4d022dcad31471c53fae6b8174649&action =click[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I watch everything with subtitles.

ErCZCv7.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sad day indeed. Rush played a big part in my musical interests when I was first turned onto them back in my high school daze.

I was a freshman when 2112 came out and I was hooked. Brings back a lot of memories. At least the ones I can remember.

RIP Neil. Thanks for the ride.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been reflecting on this since I woke up.
    Deeply sad. Deeply.

Not enough words to describe how much his music/ability's were enjoyed by myself and countless others. Just to watch him ply his craft.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    [video=youtube;LWRMOJQDiLU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWRMOJQDiLU&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR10xmk nXWqFdX_krUvfcZTBqrQVr8oi34FyMfsdi6N1TUM0I6MTKiB6F 9s[/video]

Top Bottom