• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Hmmm... I'm sure I'm reading too much into this, but it's what I'm prone to do. Re-watching a statement made by the judge (included in the Jesse Watters clip slightly above), he says:

"I'll tell you this, uhh, I'm gonna think long and hard about live television,of a trial, again - next time." (my emphasis, but not by much :))

I'm not sure how many cases this judge gets that are high profile enough for significant media coverage. My guess is, not too many. I also guess that his concerns arent really about the local news stations.

Taking in the tone and timing of the statement, it seems to me he's already thinking there will be another trial, assuming the State pushes for it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Great news, but now he has to get on with the rest of his life, which will be changed dramatically. He'll need that rifle again with all the amateur John Browns out there, but I'm not expecting any riots.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hmmm... I'm sure I'm reading too much into this, but it's what I'm prone to do. Re-watching a statement made by the judge (included in the Jesse Watters clip slightly above), he says:

"I'll tell you this, uhh, I'm gonna think long and hard about live television,of a trial, again - next time." (my emphasis, but not by much :))

I'm not sure how many cases this judge gets that are high profile enough for significant media coverage. My guess is, not too many. I also guess that his concerns arent really about the local news stations.

Taking in the tone and timing of the statement, it seems to me he's already thinking there will be another trial, assuming the State pushes for it.
    What is left to charge him with?

And could it mean about other related and pending cases?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Another trial for what?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'm beyond happy for the boy, hope he has learned some lessons and can make the most of the remainder of his life.

I am also so very happy for our country, it gives me a boost of renewed faith that perhaps we are not as broken as I feared. Hopefully, it's just another thing I was wrong about.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    And Sleepy Joe woke up just in time to hear he was wrong again when the not guilty verdict was read. At least he was empty so he didn't poop his pants.

Joe Biden briefly transferred power to Vice President Kamala Harris Friday as he underwent a colonoscopy, making her the first woman to hold the presidential reins in U.S. history.

colon.jpg

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I'm a female gun owner and libertarian. I often wear a mask these days. It doesn't bother me much, and if it helps me avoid missing work for 2 weeks or taking Covid to my 88 yr old father, it's worth it. I don't want to start another mask debate in this thread. I'm just saying it's not a reliable way to predict someone's other viewpoints or how a jury member would vote. It may have to do with their profession or risk to their family.
    Thanks for chiming in with that perspective! I think about what my own mother would be like on this jury, if she were still with us.
    She would very likely be wearing a mask, and she's definitely a woman. Beyond that, I think her opinion of the case would go something like:

"Fool kid had no business being there, and somebody should've been watching him. That said, those other boys went looking for trouble, and got what they were after. Kid had the right to defend himself, and no reason for him to go to jail. Murder? My tail feathers!" ... or something like that.

I also find it hard to imagine that any mother of a teenage boy is going to think that this baby-faced kid deserves life in prison over this.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    The self defense shooting was pre election. Would charges have normally been warranted in a non-political environment? Protecting the BLM, incessant media degrading and narrative for over a year, while conveniently not showing video evidence.

Did the prosecution controlled by the shot callers know it was a lost cause from the beginning? Probably, but they were able to get out a leveraged message for a year for all the dummies. Reminds me of the Nick Sandman case, controlled message but big payout at the end. Maybe even an intentional mistrial by prosecutors as the weaponized judicial system has already accomplished its goal. Kids should've never been there to start with. Hope he learned a lesson.
    This won't be the last of a weaponized judicial system but it's a wonderful win for justice today! One more nail in the MSM coffin. We're going to see an avalanche of pathetic sore losers whining about the verdict. The best part is it adds to the implosion of those that support evil. A win for the Country and good citizens that demand their freedoms.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    And Sleepy Joe woke up just in time to hear he was wrong again when the not guilty verdict was read. At least he was empty so he didn't poop his pants.
    Joe Biden briefly transferred power to Vice President Kamala Harris Friday as he underwent a colonoscopy, making her the first woman to hold the presidential reins in U.S. history.

Glad we got that out of the way, now we don't have to ever do it again.

Top Bottom