• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    A very laid back officer friend of mine never goes to Chicago unarmed haha. I have had more people then I can count walk up and ask for change or money or something..... every time I get on edge/alert in a hurry.

There is no such thing as deleting anything once it's placed on an internet forum. OP, I would suggest you not discuss this matter by answering some of the very detailed questions being asked of you. If you feel that I'm infringing on your rights, please know I don't say this as a mod or wanna-be lawyer, but just as a concerned person who doesn't want to see this transcript taken out of context and doing harm to you and your family. :twocents:

Yeah just because you edit something out does not mean others can not see it, once something is on the internet or a computer is never really goes away.......

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Here's the way I see it: If these guys had just robbed me at gunpoint, then hadn't even gotten out of sight before turning to come back, I think a reasonable person would conclude that they were likely coming back to kill the witnesses (i.e., me and my co-worker). They had already taken our valuables, and had stated a distinct aversion to police involvement; whatever else they might be coming back to do would take a backseat to the one possibility of grave bodily harm. I would have shot the crap out of them both.

That brings up a question -- what does Indiana law say about fleeing felons when leaving the scene of a forcible felony where a deadly weapon was involved? I suspect it's covered in the affirmative, and I suspect in East Chicago, another dead recidivist or two wouldn't cause a whole lot of concern. Anybody know for sure? I just bought the IN gun laws book, but haven't cracked it open yet, so this will be a good reason for me to dig into it.

Specialized

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I have been in several shoot outs with some of that crud that likes to take from the hard working people and the old and weak.

Man, if I was in several shoot outs with people trying to take what belonged to me, I would do everything in my power to move to another place to call home! :D

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    While we were in the house working my handgun was laying on my coat, and since that day my cousin's brand new PT145 has been right next to it, along with our spare mags :) We don't even leave the house without looking out the front door both ways first lmao. Hopefully tomorrow we'll have this job done, we're both kinda new to a steam boiler and we missed work yesterday because we got snowed-in in Whiting :/ As for some target practice, I'd love to get into competition shooting, but I don't have the money or even any idea where to start

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    As for some target practice, I'd love to get into competition shooting, but I don't have the money or even any idea where to start

For $10 you can do steel plate shooting once a month at North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton, Indiana. You bring your gun and ammo.

Also the INGO NWI does a monthly get together (MEET & SHOOT) that you are welcome to attend. It's free BTW. Join this group to get the update on when the next one is.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS

Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

Appleseed for NWI

2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../83645-wallet_in_ltch_info_with_ic_codes.html

FFLs in Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Most wont agree with me, and I will get flamed for sure, but theres some things Im just willing to go to prison for. In this situaton, legally or not, I would have shot these worthless pieces of sh**. Of course I would be persecuted and prosecuted, but nobody is just going to walk up on me and steal sh** I work hard for.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Most wont agree with me, and I will get flamed for sure, but theres some things Im just willing to go to prison for. In this situaton, legally or not, I would have shot these worthless pieces of sh**. Of course I would be persecuted and prosecuted, but nobody is just going to walk up on me and steal sh** I work hard for.

Isn't that exactly what the OP did?

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN

You'll get no flames from me. I certainly can empathize with your sentiment. I'm not about to get jacked just because I'm white, or new to the neighborhood, or because these people had a bad upbringing, or any other "problem" they might care to cite, and then just put up with it. I think there should be some legal means of shooting a retreating felon on moral grounds, whether a situation like this or driving away after a carjacking, etc. Fleeing the scene of your crime shouldn't mean home free. And calling the cops to do whatever they're going to do may result in apprehension of the dirtbag, but it doesn't stop the problem. As the saying goes, they're back out on the street before the poor cops can finish the paperwork.

From a moral standpoint, I really don't have a problem with fighting lawlessness with lawlessness in certain contexts. Get the drop on me and rob me? Okay, but watch your six as you leave, because I plan to fill it full of little metal pills. Is it legal? Probably not, but why should I have to play by the rules right after they've just broken them themselves? If somebody does something to me, gets away, and I see them by happenstance later, as far as I'm concerned it's still on, and this time *I* have the element of surprise. That's one @sshole that's going to wind up in Hell asking, "what just happened?!"

There is, in reality, a basis for this concept already on the books. When a criminal participates in a felony that results in a homicide, everybody who played a part, no matter how small, can be charged with that homicide whether they pulled the trigger or not. It's a good tool for the police, but I believe it should be expanded for everyone's use, and should relate to all felonies, not just murder. Without it, it's just a game. Anyone that's watched the farce that is Chicago's "war on crime" can see it played every day. The criminals have no boundaries once they've decided to break the law, but the cops and courts have to play by a set of rules. That's a game that's unfair and skewed towards the criminal, and they use it to their advantage every time. I don't believe in rules in times of war either, for the same reason.

I'm not a fan of proportional response, either. Rob me at gunpoint, and I've just decided that I don't have the time or inclination to worry about another criminal running loose on the streets, doing such things to hard-working citizens. Once someone has shown their true colors to be nefarious, I'm not a very forgiving person.

Your thoughts?

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    I never said anything about the BG saying who knew who we work for. Also, I have two holsters depending on where I'm carrying. One of them is my brand new BlackHawk Serpa. which I love. I'm not going to run the risk of banging my gun up if I don't have to, so it sits on my coat on a table 5 feet from where I'm working, in the basement of a locked house.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I never said anything about the BG saying who knew who we work for. Also, I have two holsters depending on where I'm carrying. One of them is my brand new BlackHawk Serpa. which I love. I'm not going to run the risk of banging my gun up if I don't have to, so it sits on my coat on a table 5 feet from where I'm working, in the basement of a locked house.

"banging" as in concern that it might go off (fire) due to it snagging on something while you work?

or

"banging" as it falling out or getting scratches, dings, etc due to wear and tear as you work on the job? (ie. you brush up against the old furnace, it gets hit my a 2x4 while at the site, etc...

:dunno:

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    "banging" as in concern that it might go off (fire) due to it snagging on something while you work?

or

"banging" as it falling out or getting scratches, dings, etc due to wear and tear as you work on the job? (ie. you brush up against the old furnace, it gets hit my a 2x4 while at the site, etc...

:dunno:

Well I figured it was pretty obvious what I meant, but more like "banging" it on rusty sheet metal and heavy cast iron. No sense in messing up a nice gun for for no reason. I like to keep my things in good working and cosmetic condition.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well I figured it was pretty obvious what I meant, but more like "banging" it on rusty sheet metal and heavy cast iron. No sense in messing up a nice gun for for no reason. I like to keep my things in good working and cosmetic condition.

I've been on this board long enough to not assume anything and to ask for clarrification on what "your" (the posters) definition of a word means. We both can be using the same word but it's meaning be something else. Thu wanted some clarification that is all.

My carry gun has seen better days "cosmetically" it has scratches all over it but I don't mind cause I know it works. So I don't mind it getting a little roughed up. Thanks for the clarification.

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    No problem. scratches aren't a very big deal, but there's no sense in getting them while doing something when I could just unholster my handgun and lay in on a table in a safe place.

Top Bottom