Rock River and Springfield Armory sold out our neighbors in Illinois.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    That's a good question!!

Not really a mystery, IFMA was founded by SA and RRA for the benefit of SA and RRA. Maybe they would have allowed other manufactures to join but I doubt they actively recruited. Too much of a chance someone would have objected to the means SA & RRA lobbyist was using. I think the IFMA was more of a "we'll let you in but your not invited" kind of lobbying group.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I think it is a matter of numbers. 1 lobbyist for many or several lobbyists for different entities.

So is it all over have enough GUN guys stepped forward to assuage our feelings and smooth our feathers.

I personally am still indignant toward the groups that I BELIEVE sold out the PEOPLE for their right to get tax relief.

aggrieved, resentful, affronted, disgruntled, displeased, cross, angry, mad, annoyed, offended, exasperated, irritated, piqued, nettled, in high dudgeon, chagrined;

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I believe we should not point out traitorous acts because if I say I am Pro-2A and act anti-2A then It is OK because I say I an Poo-2A.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    To the post that talked about this being business as usual for Illinois politics, here is why it is not.

Sure, you have to pay for access if you want politicians to listen to your position. HOWEVER, there is ZERO point in paying a politician to listen to your lobbying when they are COMPLETELY OPPOSED to your entire industry. That is unless you are trying to carve out an exception for your company when they go after the rest of your industry. Think about it. You have paid to present your case to EXTREMELY anti-gun legislators. What do you really expect from this? Do you expect these guys to reverse their opinions on concealed carry, assault weapons bans, suppressor bans, etc? Here is another test, show me ONE piece of legislation that the IFMA helped get passed or killed due to support from the two anti-gun legislators after paying them off. Just one. The only one that I know of is this carve out.

ALSO, you need to understand how these "carve outs" have been used in Illinois against gun advocates before. When we (I am from Illinois) were trying to get concealed carry 5 years ago, one of the "compromises" that Madigan and Cullerton (the legislators in question) tried to make with downstate PRO-GUN Democratic legislators was that Cook County (which includes Chicago) would be "carved out" of the concealed carry law. Essentially, as long as you didn't live in Cook County you could get a permit. If you lived in Cook County you were screwed.

Thankfully, those Democratic legislators from downstate Illinois DIDN'T BUDGE. They said that it must be statewide or no deal. And that is why I can carry a gun today.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am torn, I hate to disparage anyone in the gun community, but I see this as a betrayal of We the People and our unalienable right to keep and bear arms.

So what that it doesn't directly affect me here in Indiana. Even if it wasn't so close to home we need to call it out because it indirectly affects the rights of all of us. It weakens the impetus of our drive to protect our rights from those who would deprive us.

We must hang together and not allow ours to hang alone.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    lost_and_confused_signpost.jpg

We Welcome Springfield And Rock River to the Gun Rights fight - GunsSaveLife.com | GunsSaveLife.com

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    As the community got wind of this, it began to spread and RRA/SA were approached at the NRA show. After speaking with RRA we came to find out that they were not involved with their lobbyist, so this all was a surprise.

So, they find out about their scandals using the Barack Obama technique, by reading about it in the news...

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    What SA and rock did was wrong but where oh where is the NRA are they helping in the fight against this bill? I get e mails ever so many days of offers from health insurance, gun insurance to credit cards to now carry insurance after they uninvited there competition from the NRA Convention. So is smith,SA,rock and NRA are only out for the almighty dollar?

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Still BS. They knew exactly what they were doing. They got caught and did a 180 to try to save their skin. People can try to explain away/spin anything. They could have said it was alien mind control but they did what they did and their names are all over it.

You want to believe these people are 'partners in the fight' with you. Sort of like a trust between couples... Sorry, I got caught fxxxing someone else and back stabbing and undermining what you believe in. Can I come back now. Yea, right. AMF.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What SA and rock did was wrong but where oh where is the NRA are they helping in the fight against this bill? I get e mails ever so many days of offers from health insurance, gun insurance to credit cards to now carry insurance after they uninvited there competition from the NRA Convention. So is smith,SA,rock and NRA are only out for the almighty dollar?
    Several of the articles posted about SA and RRA's behavior have referred to the NRA fighting this bill. So they are using the dollars they have taken in, that you complain about, to fight this gun control legislation. What are you doing to fight?

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Expat. I do stand with the NRA I vote in there election I give just 200 a year on there effort to help fight Washington I renew my NRA license plates ever year. I supportey at least once a year friends of the NRA. I do try to help with want money that I have and my time. Can I do more yes but with money tight and spare time tight I am selfish I do want sometime and few bucks for me.
    Oh I also support 6 YouTube channels Through Patreon.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Excellent point, mc. Things are relatively good here in Indiana that we do not understand the stranglehold that Chicago has on Illinois.

65% of the entire IL population lives in the Chicago metropolitan area. That's just the live ones. God knows what % of the 'dead but still voting' live there. In comparison, the Indianapolis metropolitan area comprises less then 1/3 of the state population.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    65% of the entire IL population lives in the Chicago metropolitan area. That's just the live ones. God knows what % of the 'dead but still voting' live there. In comparison, the Indianapolis metropolitan area comprises less then 1/3 of the state population.

Ill. is fairly empty as one drives across to get out the other side.

Top Bottom