• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    The dates and names have been changed for the parties involved for their (his) protection...lol

A good friend of mine just bought a new Judge. "Scott" called me and told me about said purchase, and that it was a covert operation. My reply, "No s^^t dude, isn't that how all guns are bought once your not single?!?"

This past weekend, Scott and "Mary" went home to visit his folks and get a little shooting in.... Scott had his ear plugs in while talking to sisters fiance. Scott was talking a little loud when he said. "Yup just got it, and Mary doesn't now about it." He turned and saw Mary standing next to his truck with her head cocked and hands on her hips....Busted!

A little while later Scott's sister came out to where they all where shooting. Saw the new piece and asked Scott if that's his new gun. "Tom" (Scott's dad) without hesitating, and not knowing Scott was busted..."Nope! That's Mine!" (Mary was there too) Mary laughing said Tom I know it's Scott's!

I love Tom he's awesome! So far Scott is in the clear, but we all now how that will come back to bite him the butt...lol :laugh:

hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    yep, a buddy of mine, we have a lil "agreement". If our wives ask who's gun it is its the other buddys' gun!!! Just borrowing it to see if I like it kinda thing!! Works out pretty good!!

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    This just means you guys dont have enough guns. After you hit over the 20 gun mark they dont have a clue.

honey, why does this one have your name engraved in it.(sbr) uh, I built it. THey are cheaper that way.

skeetman28

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    South Bend
    I agree on not having enough guns...after awhile she'll not want to look at a new gun or know which is new or not.....I know..bad....bad ...boy...also know that you have to have money....been ther .....good luck....you are still busted...

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    I told my wife that the G17 I bought was "free"! "The police officers wanted to arm law abiding citizens that live in stressed areas" = Green light

Then came the G30SF I traded my used Ruger P90 payed extra... Told the wife it was a "straight" trade because I traded a metal gun for a plastic one... = Fail, I left the receipt on my dash.

If you ever want some fancy new part tell her it's a recall and this is what the company issued in recall!

I love my wife, but I can't stand hearing I waste money when I pay all the bills and put the turkey bacon on the table!

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy
    I thought I had it rough because I have to buy my woman a gun next since I bought myself the last one (guessing it will still be something i want though :D).

JMH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    i got a two year old son and when i bring home a new gun i just tell the old lady its for the boy not me. She always said i cant shoot it then but she dont know what i take shooting and what i dont.

superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    After being married 30 years you don't have to explain any more she didn't stop me than she's not going to stop me now if she says anything about buying a gun I buy two.Also I don't say anything about what she buy's either it goes both ways.

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    It is interesting how gun shops seem to accept multiple payment methods without even thinking it's odd or different. Today... I paid 2/3 cash (scrounged from a little cash here or there), and the rest on a credit card. I've seen guys go with cash and two credit cards as well.

Me... I got busted when Visa security called the house and questioned a charge right after I had bought a revolver. When I got home...needless to say I had a lot of explaining to do. I had planned on easing her into it since I thought I had 28 days till the news arrived via the credit card statement. :rolleyes:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I told my wife that I was buying a new gun every time she got a new pair of shoes, didn't work, just to spite me she hasn't gotten new shoes in a year.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Even though it got "Scott" busted...:+1: for the hearing protection!!! I know quite a few noobs that don't wear it. (I was one of them)
    **Ring, ring, ring...will someone answer that d@mn phone**

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If the bills are paid, food in the fridge, gas in the car, and you're not spending ALL the money in the bank it shouldn't matter much. If I was dating someone that had a problem with it, I'd most likely change my opinion of them. If it was my wife, it might be a little different. If she stayed at home and I paid all the bills, she'd have to get over it. I've got a couple friends that want firearms and performance parts for their cars. They have to hide whatever they buy(they're not married and a couple don't live with their woman). Their girlfriends still ask for money for random shopping trips to buy junk like Coach bags, expensive shoes, and other pretty much useless junk. I wouldn't deal with that all too well.

I'd rather stay single than have to deal with someone that tries to control me in anyway. Only way I'd let a woman tell me what I can and can't have is if she was the one paying all the bills AND giving me an allowance while I stayed home. In that case, I'd have to ask for advance or save until I could afford what I wanted.

Top Bottom