• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    I got my RRA Middy in July and it took right at 90 days. If I knew what I was gonna get I would have been happy to wait another 90 days. This gun has functioned perfectly with not a single hiccup with any mag or ammo I have tried. I have used Pmags 20 and 30 rd, USGI issue 30 rd mags for several different suppliers. I have used both 5.56 and .223 ammo from Winchester, Hornady, PMC, Federal M855 & M193 and all have shot great with great accuracy. You will be more than happy and once you have that gun in your hand that 90 days will seem like nothing. be patient because good things are on there way.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    The good thing about a long wait is that I've been able to get all the accessories and everything I want. When the upper does get here, I'll have everything good too go. With a decent ammo stash to boot.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    I went with RRA also for an upper. I forget the wait time they quoted me then turned out Midwest gun exchange actually had the upper I wanted in stock. They do sell RRA uppers too. I'm very happy with it

Grim714

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Dayton Indiana
    A-z exchange , im not sure who he orders through. I got the average wait time off of class 3 weapons web site. It's gonna be worth the wait when it comes in.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Four years or so ago I bought a RRA lower and lower build kit and was able to find a RRA upper at PK firearms in stock. Last election time the waiting periods were just as bad, or worse.
    I would have been impatient waiting for it with their quoted lead times, but it would have been worth the wait.
    I did have one issue with the selector detent in class a couple years ago. I replaced the detent and spring with some PSA parts and have had a couple more thousand rounds downrange since without issue.
    I bet you'll be very pleased with yours.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    For those that are interested, the upper is going on a Mega Arms lower with an MOE+ grip and a CTR stock. I'm doing it right the first time so I don't have to pay again later.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I guess I'm the lucky one...I was about to order a RRA comp elite and just happened to walk into Ft Liberty firearms in Avon and they had two sitting on the rack. They always seem to have one or two there if you want to fondle someone else's future toy.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was told by a couple suppliers that the barrels are a problem, no barrels, no rifles shipped.

I have three different places I have bought top shelf barrels from for at least 15 years. I wanted another barrel made to my specs, just like in the past. Here are the answers: 1) we are so backed up that we cannot possibly promise we will get to your barrel. 2) I would love to make you one, I just cannot get the blanks, my last shipment is 120 days behind. 3) I am 8 months behind, I will take your order if you can wait but I feel bad about it.

Mind you, this is not a "how fast can you ship me the cheapest barrel" situation. This is a premium priced top of the line situation. The price would be well over $500 just for a barrel. This is also a raw finish barrel, so it is not like I am waiting for a fancy bluing job. 10 years ago, I would have had the barrel within a couple weeks.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    On my second build im going to go with a BCM upper. Several friends of mine have had top notch service with them and their uppers delivered to them in 2 weeks tops.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    You guys do realize RRA is just commercial spec mid tier parts and assembly like Stag,Windham,Bushmaster and the rest of the mid level ARs.
    Anything over two weeks is too much wait time for what you get. Cancel your order if possible and look into BCM,DD,LMT,PSA if you want to buy once and get it right.:twocents:

Top Bottom