• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    You guys do realize RRA is just commercial spec mid tier parts and assembly like Stag,Windham,Bushmaster and the rest of the mid level ARs.
    Anything over two weeks is too much wait time for what you get. Cancel your order if possible and look into BCM,DD,LMT,PSA if you want to buy once and get it right.:twocents:
    You do realize that commercial-spec has litterally nothing to do with the quality of the product and that mil-spec is just the specifications that the military want their stuff, right? In many cases, commercial spec bypasses mil spec in quality, though not always. RRA gives a .5-1 MOA promise on almost all their uppers. I don't see many other companies doing that. And I am a fan of DD and LMT, but they are considerably more expensive. And PSA though a good deal for the price, isn't exactly tier 1 either :rolleyes:
    I'm not trying to sound butt-hurt or like a RRA fanboy, because I'm definitely not. I'm just saying that i'm getting tired of the whole, "X brand is garbage because it's not mil-spec! Colt/BCM/LMT or nothing! Talk."
    Bottom line: I'm sure as heck not cancelling my order. I couldn't think of any other upper i'd want to get right now. Regardless of the cost.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    You do realize that commercial-spec has litterally nothing to do with the quality of the product and that mil-spec is just the specifications that the military want their stuff, right? In many cases, commercial spec bypasses mil spec in quality, though not always. RRA gives a .5-1 MOA promise on almost all their uppers. I don't see many other companies doing that. And I am a fan of DD and LMT, but they are considerably more expensive. And PSA though a good deal for the price, isn't exactly tier 1 either :rolleyes:
    I'm not trying to sound butt-hurt or like a RRA fanboy, because I'm definitely not. I'm just saying that i'm getting tired of the whole, "X brand is garbage because it's not mil-spec! Colt/BCM/LMT or nothing! Talk."
    Bottom line: I'm sure as heck not cancelling my order. I couldn't think of any other upper i'd want to get right now. Regardless of the cost.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: RRA is not one that meets let alone exceeds milspec. Fine plinkers but definately noy one I trust if I had to run it hard.:twocents: That 4140 chrome chamber only Wilson arms barrel may be a little more accurate at first but will go away faster than a 4150 full chrome lined barrel as the round count climbs.:twocents:

Last edited:

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: RRA is not one that meets let alone exceeds milspec. Fine plinkers but definately noy one I trust if I had to run it hard.:twocents:
    Last time I checked, I wasn't going to the middle east any time soon. For those that do, by all means get that $2000 AR. But for $800, I have a RRA upper that promises less than MOA, paired with a Mega lower that has an amazing fit and finish. As far as running it hard? How about 7 years of heavy use? I'm not a huge fan of nutnfancy, but you can't argue with his data. LINK

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: RRA is not one that meets let alone exceeds milspec. Fine plinkers but definately noy one I trust if I had to run it hard.:twocents: That 4140 chrome chamber only Wilson arms barrel may be a little more accurate at first but will go away faster than a 4150 full chrome lined barrel as the round count climbs.:twocents:

What is wrong with Rock River Arms?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Apparently routine

I just ordered a complete White Oak Armament upper Tuesday. When I called to inquire about lead time, I was told 8 weeks "more or less" on varmint uppers, 12 weeks on others. When I placed the order, they said 12-16 weeks on a 18" varminter and I remarked that I had been previously told 8 weeks. The email confirming my order said 8-12 weeks. The logical conclusion is they don't have much of a grip on wait time. I hope they quote long lead times and try to deliver quicker. It's a very poor marketing strategy to quote a time you can't meet. I'm lucky that I'm in no hurry and can wait 4 months if I have to. Just don't let WOA know that. ;)

rekrapc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Just curious if any of you have ordered RRA uppers directly from their website? I made an order for an elite comp upper about two weeks ago. I did get the intital email back from RRA confirming that I did place the order and it also said lead times are on the website. The website says lead times not available which I certainly understand. I have not been chared on my credit card yet so that makes me wonder if they wait to charge until the order is ready to ship?

I have sent an email (no response recieved) and called many times but each time I get a dead dial tone like the line is busy. I understand the demand is high but would just like some confirmation that I am actually waiting with a purpose and not waiting to find out my order was never actually processed.

I am fine with waiting because I know I will be getting what I want but I would like to know if anyone else has tried what I am doing and what the feedback is?

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    ...I have a couple of the RRA's - 24" varminter loaded & a 18" Carbine not loaded.

Both are top drawer.

I am a fan for life. Great product and cost point.

Tolerances stay tight even after 1,000's of rounds down the pipe.

You could spend more - but why?

YMMV - my $.02 worth

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I just checked the tracking # and it's ETA is tomorrow afternoon. Can you say 2 day shipping?

Well, that was 2 weeks ago. You gonna keep us in suspense? How do you like your RRA?

I have an Elite Operator 2 that has never given me any fits, and just received an LAR-8 lower that I ordered just before Christmas sometime. Not sure when I'll build it up, but at least I have the lower in hand.

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    Just curious if any of you have ordered RRA uppers directly from their website? I made an order for an elite comp upper about two weeks ago. I did get the intital email back from RRA confirming that I did place the order and it also said lead times are on the website. The website says lead times not available which I certainly understand. I have not been chared on my credit card yet so that makes me wonder if they wait to charge until the order is ready to ship?

I have sent an email (no response recieved) and called many times but each time I get a dead dial tone like the line is busy. I understand the demand is high but would just like some confirmation that I am actually waiting with a purpose and not waiting to find out my order was never actually processed.

I am fine with waiting because I know I will be getting what I want but I would like to know if anyone else has tried what I am doing and what the feedback is?

I ordered directly and yes if you got the initial email you are good to go. Your credit card will get charged the day it is finished and ready to leave the factory. You will also get an email or phone call when its finished and have your rifle 2 days later on the big brown truck. be patient it will be worth the wait. I waited 88 days so trust me I know what you will go through waiting but the day I put that rifle in your hand those 88 days seemed like nothing. Completely Satisfied, I love my RRA midlength.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Sorry guys. I am very satisfied with the upper. I'll be sighting her in tomorrow. I ordered directly from RRA in October. They charged 2 days before delivery like stated above. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I get done shooting this thing.

rekrapc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    I ordered directly and yes if you got the initial email you are good to go. Your credit card will get charged the day it is finished and ready to leave the factory. You will also get an email or phone call when its finished and have your rifle 2 days later on the big brown truck. be patient it will be worth the wait. I waited 88 days so trust me I know what you will go through waiting but the day I put that rifle in your hand those 88 days seemed like nothing. Completely Satisfied, I love my RRA midlength.

Great, that is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. I have no problem waiting--thanks for the info!

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Glad I found this, it has put my mind (somewhat) at ease. It's been a couple weeks now and without any sort of update from them (other than the order confirmation) I've been getting antsy! I have a lower that is very lonely right now....

Top Bottom