• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just to clear this up, I wasn't calling anyone in particular a hater... Just a general observation of the attitude in this thread.

They had recalls on two newly developed first run model pistols recently: Fact.

They quickly admitted there was a problem and fixed it: Fact

Seems like a top notch company to me. :dunno: It not like it was a replay of Ford in the 70's with their Pinto's or anything... where they calculated a known problem's cost to fix versus the risk not to and decided to forgo a recall.

Just my :twocents:.

I will throw this out there though, not planning on buying their 1911. I'd prefer to get that design from a company with a little more history of 1911 production... like Colt.

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    everybody is putting out 1911's these days. if ruger is making one i know it will be a well made side arm.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I read one thread where 1911 was being compared to Glock, it was said that 1911 was antiquated technology, my response was that "the 1911 is probably the most copied handgun to date", and then along came Ruger. I would have to say that the 1911 is the most popular handgun ever built, that is why everyone copies it and the demand is still so high. What next, a Glock 1911? Got you thinking now, a mass produced plastic 1911.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I love how all the people go on about recalls, that's admitting they have a problem, which is good, and I think thE SW bodyguard 380 has more problems than any three ruger guns I can think of

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I have owned about6-8 Rugers and about 10-12 S&W's never had a problem out of a Ruger. And I've only had 3 S&W that never had a problem

sonofadoublegun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    NW - near Munster
    vader-haters-gonna-hate.gif

This is AWESOME! LOL

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Im gonna get one. I've always been a Ruger fan and own several. No problems at all with any. If by some chance there is a problem or a recall, I will send it in and have them fix it. Simple as that.

Top Bottom