• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    That guy likes EVERYTHING!!

Lol, yeah, but I don't blame him. That's why they call it Gunblast. He has a blast shooting all the free guns! He also seems particularly fond of Rugers. That's probably why they sent all three colors to him. He did do some testing, though, and got dime sized groups at 25 yards from a rest with Wolf match ammo. That's excellent. He got 1 inch with Remington cheapo Golden Bullets, too.

I'm impressed that this inexpensive gun still has a hammer forged barrel.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nice! I haven't done a transfer in awhile. Do they still go for typically 20 bucks at most gun stores? I'll wait for the LGS's to get them and show the price, but if they can't get to $199, then I'll buy online with a transfer. The last time I did one was at Fort Liberty and it was 20 bucks.

Can vary alot. I'd call before to confirm current. I've been doing all mine at USDS and they were $15 cash, $20 card, but recently increased to $20 cash I believe.

Firearm Transfers | US Defense Solutions

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Give em 6 months! these revolvers will be everywhere. I'm really not a single action revolver guy but at this price its gonna be hard to NOT buy one.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Lol, yeah, but I don't blame him. That's why they call it Gunblast. He has a blast shooting all the free guns! He also seems particularly fond of Rugers. That's probably why they sent all three colors to him. He did do some testing, though, and got dime sized groups at 25 yards from a rest with Wolf match ammo. That's excellent. He got 1 inch with Remington cheapo Golden Bullets, too.

I'm impressed that this inexpensive gun still has a hammer forged barrel.

Enjoyed his review too, just like most of his others. At the end, he almost did the quick fire...

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Plainfield Shooting Supplies sold their first one today. I called and Bob said they got a black one 15 minutes before I called and had already sold it. They'll make the hell out of these things, so I'm guessing in a month it'll be easy to find one in just about any gun store for under 200 bucks.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Somebody asked one of the reps that while I was looking at it. He laughed and said no, it's an aluminum frame.

A bit of a flippant answer. During destructive / intentional abuse testing it was noted that 22 MAG with a several projectile bore obstruction would cause the cylinder frame to fail in an unsafe manner. Yes, 22 MAG works, but Ruger will not be doing it for that reason.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I looked them over at the NRA show last weekend. Looked like a cowboy-fied Single-Six with a rough finish and a little gritty.

Didn't hold any appeal for me compared to the Single-Six at the time. That was before I heard how cheap the street price will likely be.

For LESS than $200 new, I doubt you can find a better 22 revolver.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've gotta say these are pretty tempting if the price comes down like it should. First .22 revolver I ever shot was a buddy's Heritage Roughrider, but I was brand new to handguns in general (I don't think I owned one at the time) and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. :): Now that I've got a lot more experience under my belt with larger caliber revolvers, I think I'd like to give it a go again. I really like shooting my Ruger Blackhawk convertible (45 Colt/45 acp).

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My concern would be durability. I know I’ll shoot it a lot. I was wondering about the warranty myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a Ruger, don’t worry about the warranty. If you wear it out from shooting it, you’ll have spent a lot more than the purchase price on ammo. If something happens that isn’t normal wear and tear, Ruger will take care of it.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I just put money down on one. It'll be the first silver or bronze one in at Bradis. Plainfield Shooting Supplies has had two in now, and both sold within minutes of arrival, Lol! They're starting to roll in. I'm guessing big volume gun stores are getting them first. Ft. Liberty and Copperhead Ridge haven't even ordered them yet.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I'll wait until they become a regular counter dweller at places like Rural King, which I suspect will take a couple months. I can't imagine a better cheap plinker for teaching children. They may be ugly, but as long as there's a Glock 17 in my safe I'm in no position to judge a gun's aesthetics.

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    Funny, 'cause I kind of expect it within a year or two. But yeah, we'll have to wait and see.
    I would agree with you, were it not for the alloy frame. As conservative as Ruger has been in the past, I can't see them pushing the limits, but who knows!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom