• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Grab-a-Gun has them in their email ad tonight. https://grabagun.com/ruger-2002-wra...m_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=Daily Email

OUT OF STOCK.

What a tease.....

Silver is now showing in-stock. https://grabagun.com/ruger-2003-wrangler-single-action.html

Not too bad a deal, with $7.99 shipping. I'm still going to wait for an LGS to get one. Whichever I see first, bronze or silver, will be the first one I buy. (Watch, I'll spot a black one first and won't be able to resist! Lol!)

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I would agree with you, were it not for the alloy frame. As conservative as Ruger has been in the past, I can't see them pushing the limits, but who knows!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm confused about why there is so much concern about the alloy (aluminum) frame. All the major gun manufacturers make 38+P revolvers with frames other than steel. :dunno:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    A bit of a flippant answer. During destructive / intentional abuse testing it was noted that 22 MAG with a several projectile bore obstruction would cause the cylinder frame to fail in an unsafe manner. Yes, 22 MAG works, but Ruger will not be doing it for that reason.

I know I’m quoting myself, but there is no need to guess...

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm confused about why there is so much concern about the alloy (aluminum) frame. All the major gun manufacturers make 38+P revolvers with frames other than steel. :dunno:

Exactly, and this is a .22LR. Ruger typically plays conservatively when it comes to handling pressure. They built it for what it can handle, thus no .22 Mag. I'm confident it'll last a lot longer than I will last.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Exactly, and this is a .22LR. Ruger typically plays conservatively when it comes to handling pressure. They built it for what it can handle, thus no .22 Mag. I'm confident it'll last a lot longer than I will last.

Correct to some extent. As I said before, it is about bore obstructions and HV 22 MAG, not necessarily chamber pressure. You will also note that Single-Six revolver frames are marked with a caliber of “22 CAL” while the Wrangler frame is marked “22 LR.” This was purposeful on our part.

I know I have not been around here for a few years, so no one has to believe me, I suppose. But, feel free to write me a letter at Ruger’s corporate headquarters in Southport, and I’ll be sure to reply...

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Correct to some extent. As I said before, it is about bore obstructions and HV 22 MAG, not necessarily chamber pressure. You will also note that Single-Six revolver frames are marked with a caliber of “22 CAL” while the Wrangler frame is marked “22 LR.” This was purposeful on our part.

I know I have not been around here for a few years, so no one has to believe me, I suppose. But, feel free to write me a letter at Ruger’s corporate headquarters in Southport, and I’ll be sure to reply...

Yep. My point is that Ruger has a long earned rep for playing it safe in that area. I can't count the times I've seen Rugers described as "built like a tank" in conversations and on internet forums. I'm buying with confidence and plans for my kids to shoot them and own them for decades. I doubt they'd put that at risk on a $200 pistol. The warranty certainly supports that.

How are these Wranglers coming along in the pipeline? Can't wait to get my hands on one!

We're also glad to have you here on the forum! My first handgun was a Ruger SR9. I've been a fan ever since.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I just got a silver one from Hoosier Armory in Noblesville. Seems some places are having distributor issues and Ruger has been slow to respond to the LGS I know. Fit and Finish point to a quality build. Slight tooling marks on back of cylinder. Looking forward to shooting this on Friday. $203.00 out the door was a resonable price for me.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Stopped in at Midwest in Mishawaka yesterday.
    They have a black one and a silver one in stock, $235
    I will say I was impressed with the weight of them, just as heavy as my brothers Single Six if not a little more.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I just got a silver one from Hoosier Armory in Noblesville. Seems some places are having distributor issues and Ruger has been slow to respond to the LGS I know. Fit and Finish point to a quality build. Slight tooling marks on back of cylinder. Looking forward to shooting this on Friday. $203.00 out the door was a resonable price for me.

I am really enjoying mine. After 300 rounds, the load gate has started working easier and the trigger has smoothed out a lot.

For the price point, I don't know that it could be much better. The sights take some getting use to. I put an orange dot on mine.

My LGS has been getting them quite regularly, at least two at a time and he sells them in pretty short order.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I found a bronze with View attachment 80997 factory wood grips at Father’s Day. Of course I picked it up. First one I saw in wild. Haven’t seen one since with factory wood. Shoots great. Have 500 rounds through it easy I’f not more

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Don’t have it in front of me but the product number was one number different than the one with plastic grips so they have to be out there i would think. I’ve looked and looked and can’t find another or anymore info though

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    One side note the cerakote isn’t the best. Was a small imperfection on mine and it eventually chipped off. Called ruger and of course they are fixing it for free. They me be on cheap side of middle of the road brands but their customer service is second to none

Top Bottom