• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Working a 12 step program but not successfully:lmfao:Oh just ordered the 9c from Rural King just as a back up!psyko

I think you will really like it.

They keep running them at these prices and it will be cheaper to buy spare guns that happen to come with extra mags than just buying the extra mags by themselves...

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Gundeals.net sends Prices daily for much cheaper. Or to see what gun prices could actually be.

1. Well, I just added that to my "Bookmarks!" Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

Addendum:
    I just went to the website and used guns were one of the choices after I did a search, but there were gun safes and "striker" pens but guns weren't one of the 6-7 choices on the 1st page.
    When I did a search for "guns" it brought up a list of a bunch of websites (like gunbroker) where you could buy guns, which was one of the choices.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Got it! (usually I don't have to put in the "https://" when doing a search (technologically impaired, obviously). :dunno:

2. Just spent a little time checking it out and there were some righteous deals, but for right now it looks like this Rural King is beating them on a couple of guns, but maybe not all.
    3. Again, thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was just checking out the 2.0 Compact M&P. I really liked it but then had to handle the full size, the Walther PPQ and the HK VP-9 so I am conflicted on what I'd like. Tempting me with the M&P price is mean.:)

I see the rebate ends 9/2. Anyone know how long the price will last? Is it RK's normal everyday price?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was just checking out the 2.0 Compact M&P. I really liked it but then had to handle the full size, the Walther PPQ and the HK VP-9 so I am conflicted on what I'd like. Tempting me with the M&P price is mean.:)

I see the rebate ends 9/2. Anyone know how long the price will last? Is it RK's normal everyday price?

1. If memory serves, the Rural King coupons usually only last a week: I'll call them right now and let you know!

Addendum:
    Just called and talked to a guy in "Guns" that I have had exhaustive conversations with and they don't really know anything about the online ads (sometimes the store has them as well, but not always).
    He said I'd have to call the # provided on the site to find out when the sale is over (manufacturers rebate goes through 9/02 like it says in the ad and I don't see any R. K. disclaimer saying they are taking away their "usual l lower pricing."

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Cool! Thanks! But if I buy one, it's your fault!:):

1. They say, "As long as supplies last," and one of the guns is already gone (someone mentioned).
    2. I know: I'm tempted to buy the 2.0 and try it out (shot one at the range rental, but don't remember anything about it), but people seem to love it so (which is the reason I'm getting a used CZ Omega, picking up next week since the seller and I are neither in a hurry: a great guy who is here online who seems to know everything CZ). :laugh:
    3. That is the only thing keeping me from getting the 2.0 (love to see how it outshoots my beloved Shield 9mm).
    4. Someone suggested I should buy it and if it didn't measure up to the CZ, sell the 2.0 and I would probably be able to get my money back and it does give me pause thinking about it.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Wait a minute. I thought we weren't supposed to buy from Rural King. Did I miss "OK, you can buy from Rural King again" or is this it?

PS (and hijack) I just got some peach/jalapeno jam from RK. It is delicious over Philly cream cheese on a Triscuit. :):

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Wait a minute. I thought we weren't supposed to buy from Rural King. Did I miss "OK, you can buy from Rural King again" or is this it?

PS (and hijack) I just got some peach/jalapeno jam from RK. It is delicious over Philly cream cheese on a Triscuit. :):

1. I live in a world where someone has a principled objection to most anywhere b/c of their behaviors.
    2. Here is an example: When I was in 4th-6th grade I remember Mom stopped going to Kroger b/c they started selling alcohol (don't remember if it was beer/wine and/or the hard liquors).
    3. She would be really disappointed with me if she knew I found it very convenient for Sams to sell alcohol on Sunday.
    4. I'm a light-weight and not much of a drinker, but I like to have my once-a-day beer or glass of wine. On vacation my daughter taught me the joys of cinnamon-flavored whiskey: Truly worth sipping.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I already have one and yes they are very nice!

Cool, yeah they seem to be multiplying. The only downside to this deal is just having to deal with RK, but the price plus rebate is excellent.

It is not RK's normal price. They are basically matching the rebate in $ off. $299 + tax + shipping ($9.99) is a good price for the M&P Compact 2.0.

Typical pricing for these without a rebate is about $399 give or take $10 or so, and then usually an FFL transfer fee (if getting it online) or sales tax.

The Compact 2.0 seems to be a quality gun. None of mine have hiccuped in range sessions as yet. I've transitioned off the Glock 19's to these for carry, except when I chose to go small and carry the Glock 43.

Holster selection is stellar as well.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It is not RK's normal price. They are basically matching the rebate in $ off. $299 + tax + shipping ($9.99) is a good price for the M&P Compact 2.0.

Typical pricing for these without a rebate is about $399 give or take $10 or so, and then usually an FFL transfer fee (if getting it online) or sales tax.

The Compact 2.0 seems to be a quality gun. None of mine have hiccuped in range sessions as yet.

1. You are making me sweat!
    2. Noone has given any feedback that I should keep focused on the CZ Omega (full size 4.6", 16 mag., and 36 oz.) or the Smith 2.0 or (I hate to say it): both.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    1. You are making me sweat!
    2. Noone has given any feedback that I should keep focused on the CZ Omega (full size 4.6", 16 mag., and 36 oz.) or the Smith 2.0 or (I hate to say it): both.

The feedback is that they're two different guns. Be happy..... buy both !

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Cool, yeah they seem to be multiplying. The only downside to this deal is just having to deal with RK, but the price plus rebate is excellent.

The Compact 2.0 seems to be a quality gun. None of mine have hiccuped in range sessions as yet. I've transitioned off the Glock 19's to these for carry, except when I chose to go small and carry the Glock 43.

Holster selection is stellar as well.

So it ends up at $334 out the door. I'm a little nervous about buying it when I'm not sure I want it over the HK or the Walther. I wonder if I don't take it out of the box until I decide what I really want if I can get $330 or so back?

Heck, my wife talked me into buying it. I have plenty of "gun money" from the sale of my CZ and when I told her I could buy this and something else, she said it's a "no-brainer!"

I do love her.:)

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Smith and Wesson market value is WAAAAAAYYY Down they are trying to create some cash it looks like so they must be dumping guns so low its unreal. I worry about the future of the company honestly. Customer service and repair will be non existant if they go under. SO in that case what will parts availability be like? I dont think it's a bad gun at all but there are many things I dont have to worry about since i carry a glock

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So it ends up at $334 out the door. I'm a little nervous about buying it when I'm not sure I want it over the HK or the Walther. I wonder if I don't take it out of the box until I decide what I really want if I can get $330 or so back?

1. As I always tell myself (as when I didn't buy the Ruger Mark 4 Target at Cabelas on Father's Day, $400): there is always another sale!
    2. Or, when I was on the way to Rural King (coming back from selling a gun at 44/65) to buy the Browning Buckmark Micro Bull barrel, $260, and when I called the sale was off, but they also ran a Father's Day special $270).
    3. Since then, I have decided to buy neither and stick with what I have (unless a steal comes along in stainless, of course :laugh:).

Top Bottom