Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Considering I watched Ukrainian Neo-Nazis nail a man to a cross and set him on fire, alive, I dispute the claim that there aren't neo-nazis involved. Yes, it's a thinly veiled excuse, but it's still an excuse with some truth behind it. I imagine they get pretty annoyed by watching ISIS style tactics being used on their people.

The world has been astroturfing in Ukraine for quite awhile. I see Russia's side of the argument.

That doesn't mean I support Russia's invasion.

On the other side we have Zelensky who has had journalists murdered, shut down critical TV stations, and imprisoned his political rivals. I fail to see how he's much different than Putin at the end of the day.

There isn't a sane side to throw support behind.
    Well, I'm sure your sources are likely A-grade state sponsored Russian disinformation (they have all but perfected it after all) but I won't argue with you any further. The Neo-Nazi line ceases to carry any water since, again, the Ukrainian president is Jewish. Considering a large enough proportion of the world has sided with Ukraine enough to send Russia's economy into free fall I think it's a safe bet to say Russia has clearly not garnered any real international support for their invasion. You can say you don't support the Russian invasion, but defending their actions just to enough slow even a hint of justification for them, is plenty of support for the Russian information machine, which is be de facto supporting them.

But I'm not going to argue with you about it. Their is no justification for what Russia is doing in Ukraine.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Holy fk....oil futures just jumped to $139 a barrel and climbing fast.
    Well over $10 past the previous record set at the start of the gulf war.
    The article has it at 130...it blew right past that.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, I'm sure your sources are likely A-grade state sponsored Russian disinformation (they have all but perfected it after all) but I won't argue with you any further. The Neo-Nazi line ceases to carry any water since, again, the Ukrainian president is Jewish. Considering a large enough proportion of the world has sided with Ukraine enough to send Russia's economy into free fall I think it's a safe bet to say Russia has clearly not garnered any real international support for their invasion. You can say you don't support the Russian invasion, but defending their actions just to enough slow even a hint of justification for them, is plenty of support for the Russian information machine, which is be de facto supporting them.

But I'm not going to argue with you about it. Their is no justification for what Russia is doing in Ukraine.
    I posted links to both the UN reports and OSCE in this thread for everyone to read.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I see you have drank the CNN liberal media koolaid and can't comprehend that things are more complicated than "Ukraine is the rebel alliance and Russia is EMPEROR PALPATINE!!!!1"

Accusing me of supporting the Russian invasion is UNHINGED.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I see you have drank the CNN liberal media koolaid and can't comprehend that things are more complicated than "Ukraine is the rebel alliance and Russia is EMPEROR PALPATINE!!!!1"

Accusing me of supporting the Russian invasion is UNHINGED.
    "Real patriots who may resist the intrigues of the favorite are liable to become suspected and odious, while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people to surrender their interests."

Let it go honestly. No amount of information will change his mind,it is set.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Anyone care to tell me how this doesn't stink to high heaven as foul play?

Kolomoisky being in cahoots with him explains PRECISELY what was happening with Obama and Biden back when they freaked out that Trump was going to uncover something, hints the impeachment, over seemingly nothing.

If you're not familiar with Obama's adventures in Ukraine, then you're just going to be scratching your head.

we've done it before.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my theory on all of this, and I'm not alleging that it is fact, just all of the right characters are present.
    1.) Obama was managing to lose tons of foreign aid into the ether
    2.) That foreign aid was discovered to have been laundered through Latvia, and sent to Ukraine. (There's one receipt for this somewhere out there on the net) I believe it made a few news stories.
    3.) We know the money was going to Privat bank, which is effectively owned by Kolomoisky.
    4.) Kolomoisky helped Zelenskyy get his TV show production studio set up (Kvartal95)
    5.) The TV show depicts him on his road to becoming president and eventually being one.
    6.) Concurrently he is running in a political campaign for the country under the same party name as the TV show.
    7.) Basically when the show ends he is now president.

If my theory is right, it means the US effectively installed Zelenskyy, through media manipulation and the mob.

The prevailing theory while all this was being uncovered a few years ago was that the aid was going to the mobster Kolomoisky to help fund some sort of army to fight off a Russian attack. Now it would appear it's pretty obvious where that money went.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Kolomoisky being in cahoots with him explains PRECISELY what was happening with Obama and Biden back when they freaked out that Trump was going to uncover something, hints the impeachment, over seemingly nothing.

If you're not familiar with Obama's adventures in Ukraine, then you're just going to be scratching your head.

we've done it before.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my theory on all of this, and I'm not alleging that it is fact, just all of the right characters are present.
    2.) That foreign aid was discovered to have been laundered through Latvia, and sent to Ukraine. (There's one receipt for this somewhere out there on the net) I believe it made a few news stories.
    3.) We know the money was going to Privat bank, which is effectively owned by Kolomoisky.
    4.) Kolomoisky helped Zelenskyy get his TV show production studio set up (Kvartal95)
    5.) The TV show depicts him on his road to becoming president and eventually being one.
    6.) Concurrently he is running in a political campaign for the country under the same party name as the TV show.

If my theory is right, it means the US effectively installed Zelenskyy, through media manipulation and the mob.

The prevailing theory while all this was being uncovered a few years ago was that the aid was going to the mobster Kolomoisky to help fund some sort of army to fight off a Russian attack. Now it would appear it's pretty obvious where that money went.

So let me get this straight. The Obama/Biden administration were doing more than just sending blankets? They were working covertly with a corrupt oligarch to get their guy installed and then they funneled money though the oligarch to fund an army to fight Russia?

Maybe the whole blanket thing was just a ruse to cover (pun intended) their covert action.

Interesting theory.

Edit: Now you might take my post as being sarcastic (maybe it was a little tongue in cheek) but given our long history of CIA covert activity nothing is outside the realm of possibility.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I must not be right in the head. My first question upon seeing that pic was "I wonder if the no parking zone still applies next to the fire hydrants if they are totally submerged and inacessible?"

EDIT: I bet if this happened, Chicago and NYC would issue their meter maids scuba gear. Cant miss that ticket revenue!

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So let me get this straight. The Obama/Biden administration were doing more than just sending blankets? They were working covertly with a corrupt oligarch to get their guy installed and then they funneled money though the oligarch to fund an army to fight Russia?

Maybe the whole blanket thing was just a ruse to cover (pun intended) their covert action.

Interesting theory.

Edit: Now you might take my post as being sarcastic (maybe it was a little tongue in cheek) but given our long history of CIA covert activity nothing is outside the realm of possibility.
    Did that $$$ go to fund a army not at war with Russia....? Or did the $$$ makes its way back to Biden/Obama.....? If the $$$$ went to fund a army to fight Russia when there was no war....then a war was already being planned, to get Russia to invade...then my theory and thought I posted few pages back saying this was all done to get Ukraine to be Russia's Vietnam, but in this case Ukraine becomes a wasteland and Russia becomes a Jail and economy collapses and causes the Russian people to revolt....Ukraine is just the puppet used and abused and thanks for laundering our money.....good luck, bye.
    I mean Obama was from Chicago.....isn't this how criminals operate.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Yes,yes there is. Our own. Just stay out of it and Europe period.
    I remember your doom and gloom at the start of the pandemic. You even moved to a remote cabin for some period of time, and to me at least your posts made it sound like we were in for a breakdown of society. My point being - no one mere mortal has enough information to definitively say what the correct course of action would be. Who knows the long term cascade effects of isolating ourselves from other world issues. I don’t like how we always inject ourselves into everyone’s business, but I also don’t like the idea of ignoring the rest of the world. Luckily I don’t make those decisions.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I remember your doom and gloom at the start of the pandemic. You even moved to a remote cabin for some period of time, and to me at least your posts made it sound like we were in for a breakdown of society. My point being - no one mere mortal has enough information to definitively say what the correct course of action would be. Who knows the long term cascade effects of isolating ourselves from other world issues. I don’t like how we always inject ourselves into everyone’s business, but I also don’t like the idea of ignoring the rest of the world. Luckily I don’t make those decisions.
    Yes I went back to the house I purchased in 2012. Yes,I believed the science coming out at the time. I still had faith in published papers back then(to some degree I knew climate science was a complete train wreck along with dark matter,but believed in medical science....I no longer do.).During the pandemic we had papers where every data point was purchased from a third party and claimed to be peer reviewed (NEJM https://www.nejm.org/ ) was the worst though. Paper after paper had to be retracted,after it got media coverage of course. I lost faith in that entire system.

The habit we have of overthrowing governments to put ones we want in power is a fairly new one. Pre ww2 we had no such policies(Chile but that was a one off at the time) and certainly did not act like the worlds police force.

NATO should have ended when the soviet union collapsed. That was after all the purpose of it. It was not to stop every war and police the world. The idea human society will exist and only ever have a war when we decide it should is at best pompous. The USA is not a global police force that should stop all wars it does not start.

Last edited:

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Yes I went back to the house I purchased in 2012. Yes,I believed the science coming out at the time. I still had faith in published papers back then(to some degree I knew climate science was a complete train wreck along with dark matter,but believed in medical science....I no longer do.).

The habit we have of overthrowing governments to put ones we want in power is a fairly new one. Pre ww2 we had no such policies(Chile but that was a one off at the time) and certainly did not act like the worlds police force.

NATO should have ended when the soviet union collapsed. That was after all the purpose of it. It was not to stop every war and police the world. The idea human society will exist and only ever have a war when we decide it should is at best pompous. The USA is not a global police force that should stop all wars it does not start.
    I admit given the choice of involving ourselves, or not involving ourselves - we seem to have a poor success rate long term with anything involving regime change. And we seem to **** everyone off no matter what we do…

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I admit given the choice of involving ourselves, or not involving ourselves - we seem to have a poor success rate long term with anything involving regime change. And we seem to **** everyone off no matter what we do…
    I was correct about knock off effects though and supply chains...so even though the actual cause was ourselves the effects were very real.

This is going to be much worse. Restricting SWIFT is the dumbest police in our entire history.
    Now even the Federal Reserve is saying the world can have more than one reserve currency. Sure it can,but it will not support our debt and certainly will not allow us to be a net importer of well,anything. Cheap goods could only be imported because we controlled world trade as the only reserve currency,that was ended the moment we restricted SWIFT from one of the largest commodities producer in the world.

Last edited:
    Reactions: KG1

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

we've done it before.

Maybe like this....? Theory: Obama/Biden used Ukraine to launder their $$$$. They did this by paying Ukraine mob and Banks using them and media to put current leader of Ukraine into power. The "blankets" Obama sent was $$$ to actually fund Ukraine Army to fight Russia when they invaded later. The CIA seeing they could make Ukraine Russia's Vietnam, thus casuing chaos to Russia, was all onboard...while Obama/Biden laundered their $$$$. But Trump got elected and they panic thinking Trump would uncover them, thus they attacked with impeachments and such, and 4 years later they had to get Biden back in charge, to keep the "laundering scam" secret.....it had to be BIDEN. And Russia has dirt on Biden so they can start their war,,,,No way they could with Trump in casue no dirt on him. Biden funds Ukraine, funds Russia, Ukraine destroyed and the "laundering evidence" all goes away.....just like typical Chicago style thugs....and everyone else pays....hmmmm.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    wonder how many people know Zelenskyy has a law degree...

At least this is a place to negotiate from... though that last line, I seem to remember other attempts at appeasement that didn't end so well.

Pesko said Ukraine must:

• cease military action
    • change its constitution to enshrine neutrality
    • acknowledge Crimea as Russian territory and,
    • recognise the separatist republics of Donetsk and Lugansk as independent territories.
    Peskov said that, if those conditions are met, Russia's military action will halt "in a moment".

He added: "They should make amendments to the constitution according to which Ukraine would reject any aims to enter any bloc. This is possible only by making changes to the constitution."

He also insisted Russia was not seeking to make any further territorial claims on Ukraine.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

At least this is a place to negotiate from... though that last line, I seem to remember other attempts at appeasement that didn't end so well.

At this point and time anyone believing Hitler and his promises is a fool.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

“the irreversible movement of Ukraine towards Euro-Atlantic integration”; articles 85 and 116 state that it is a fundamental duty of the parliament and the government to “obtain Ukraine’s full membership of NATO and the EU”; article 102 stipulates that “the President of Ukraine is the guarantor of the strategic decisions of the State aimed at obtaining full membership of NATO and the EU”

In 2019 Ukraine changed their constitution and added a bit about the primary purpose of government being to join NATO and the EU.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom