Russians conducted 'information warfare' against US during election..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That seems, at least to me, to be a bit underwhelming. I was expecting something a tad bit more effective against tanks and aircrafts, not Vietnam era tech.

What sort of budget for equipment and training does the Ukrainian National Guard have? What did you expect them to buy?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    That seems, at least to me, to be a bit underwhelming. I was expecting something a tad bit more effective against tanks and aircrafts, not Vietnam era tech.

The best Army units already have the Javelins mentioned above and those will defeat anything on the modern battlefield.

The RPG-7 rockets are still extremely effective, the soldiers would be familiar with the weapon, and I'm sure the Ukrainians have a large stockpile of ammo for them...plus those RPGs are going to the Ukrainian National Guard, not mainline Army units.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    True. I hadn't realized the Ukrainians were so poor, relatively.

Very poor, lots of corruption drained resources for years before the current war. Initially, the soldiers fighting the Russians did so without pay and were forced to buy food and fuel out of their own pockets. Later they started selling painted spent shell casings as a fundraising measure. I even saw some of those painted casings here in the U.S., including at the big Tulsa gunshow a year ago this Spring. I tried to Google because I know I've seen an article or two about those casings, but Google and Bing are being less than helpful.

Top Bottom