• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Now that I completely read your description, we may have a little bit of all of what you described. I will have to get the trail cam back out that way once I convince my 12 year old that there are no coyotes stalking his bus stop.

Them are NOT rubs or scrape..... Get on the computer and educate yourself to what rubs and scrapes look like... My lord !!!!

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Now that I completely read your description, we may have a little bit of all of what you described. I will have to get the trail cam back out that way once I convince my 12 year old that there are no coyotes stalking his bus stop.

scrape,small 1.....
    Woods-Scrape.jpg

rub(s).....nice 1's, might add....
    tumblr_inline_mi2i2zQGpC1rf2qil.jpg

'Scrape'.......is a bucks 'call'n card'.....fer all'a does in a area....'nuther....'dominant' buck, may pizz in it....ta let the other'n know..."aayy.....MY area....git'cher azz OUT'a here...."

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Boone County - a few rubs and scrapes. However, it is so dry the scrapes are difficult to distinguish. Next Thursday the weather is predicted to turn cold and blustery. This should hopefully get the bucks up on their feet and moving around !

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Boone County - a few rubs and scrapes. However, it is so dry the scrapes are difficult to distinguish. Next Thursday the weather is predicted to turn cold and blustery. This should hopefully get the bucks up on their feet and moving around !

I hope that is what happens. I start three weeks of vacation the following day!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    These are from last year.

Here was a rub on a small tree. 2" diameter or so. Notice the peeled back bark in a few spots.

Here was a good sized scrape not far from my stand. You can see the disturbed earth underneath and the twig hanging down.

Fresh scent on this particular spot. Less of a scrape and more of a well used game trail.

Doe that was checking me out checking the scrape out.

Rub and a scrape in the same picture. Took this as I was dragging out a button buck last year.

Said button buck that I thought was a nice doe just after first light.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I'm pretty certain that's exactly what I was doing when I posted that stuff up here and asked "are these rubs or scrapes?" Thanks for your 2 pennies.

Sorry HS, but rubs and scrapes are sign posts some scrapes are just one buck and others are community scrapes where many bucks use them.. Rubs can be hit by several bucks on the same tree as to a territory rub or a scent post... Most rubs will be in what is called a rub line , cause if you follow them they will be in a line of travel. Deer will make rubs in the same area year after year, you may see old rubs from the year/years before along with fresh rubs... Just wanting to help but may of come off a little surprised... Good luck, but you are living in a killer area for big bucks in Carthage and if you can get some hunting ground around the blue river bottom area down there you should be in deer heaven.. Again good luck

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Saw a couple 140 class bucks ,still traveling together on Monday. Seen several scrapes on logging road on my way in. Been to hot for me to hunt these past few days,next week will be better

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Good luck, but you are living in a killer area for big bucks in Carthage and if you can get some hunting ground around the blue river bottom area down there you should be in deer heaven.. Again good luck

That is exactly where my hunting spot is located. It borders the Blue River on one side. I will be out there Saturday morning.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    In Boone county and I've got three rubs that I can see from the stand I'm currently sitting in that weren't there last weekend. Did not see any scrapes walking in, but did see a small buck that was bedded down in some briars behind my stand.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We spotted a new rub walking to the stand a few minutes ago. I don't know if the size of the rub or the size of the tree it's on has anything to do with the size of the deer but this is the biggest we've seen here and there's a very nice buck running this part of the farm.

091837C2-D594-4E70-8764-73107C0014D3_zpsl2bqdgim.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    We spotted a new rub walking to the stand a few minutes ago. I don't know if the size of the rub or the size of the tree it's on has anything to do with the size of the deer but this is the biggest we've seen here and there's a very nice buck running this part of the farm.

091837C2-D594-4E70-8764-73107C0014D3_zpsl2bqdgim.jpg

That looks really nice! Hope you see the buck that made that!

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Walked my place after getting in this morning, and it is scraped up all the way. Watched a pair of does go through, and a group of three bucks about 15 minutes behind them. They weren't showing any reproductive intent yet but signs suggest it is not far away.

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Brown County:

Between me and a hunting partner we saw about 8-10 bucks the last two days and only one was not with another buck. The one that was with a group of does was only a year and a half old. Seems more like a summer pattern that they are still in. Also, no rubs or scrapes to report.

Somewhat related too, I have seen both turkeys in small groups and turkeys flocked up. Seems like a mix there as well.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Looks like you guys are having a lot of nice activity.. I have quite a bit of evidence of deer around my place, on camera and otherwise. However I don't have much by way of scrapes or rubs yet.

On the point of hunting though I think the turkeys around my place can read a calendar. I had them on my driveway and in my backyard every day for weeks and suddenly about a week ago they just disappeared :dunno:

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    My son and I were in Morgan Monroe State Forest Wednesday through Friday, and we didn't see a single rub or scrape the whole time.

Top Bottom