• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    As a fellow land owner, I would say it's not about the "deer". It's about trespassing and using someone's property without permission.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ a million times over...it is totally about this!!

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Well, my wife tells me they were moving all over our property today, within sight of the house, all day. Which means it must have been intense back in the timber.

I, of course, was at work.

Hope the action stays this hot through the weekend.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I saw a beautiful buck this morning.
    Where I saw him was the odd part.
    6400 S Madison in Indy. I was s. bound on Madison and he ran right across Madison Ave about 20 yards in front of me.
    Very nice buck, young, tall, with a very acceptable rack on him. I'd put him in the 8pt + category.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We took a cruise around the property this afternoon in the mule and found several scrapes and some rubs. I've been seeing quite a variety of bucks on our trail cameras. There were two young ones last night I had not seen before. One was barely a spike (tiny spikes) and the other was a small four pointer. I've seen one heavy bodied buck with some very weird, tall antlers without many points...maybe six or seven. I did see a nice 8 pointer with a broken tine from the other night. Haven't seen the 9 pointer for about a week now so not sure if he moved on or somebody got him.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    9:30 yesterday morning, 1/2 mile south of where he was shot the other day. He appears to be fine.

Well, this hard hunted fella finally met his end. The neighbor to the east of our farm put him down this afternoon. I'm happy for him but disappointed that I blew my chance at him. We laid eyes on a nicer deer last night but he's going to be much more difficult to get to, time to change the strategy.

johncarries

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2015
    South Bend
    I have been out a dozen times or so bow hunting this season thus far. Last Sunday I witnessed a nice chocolate brown "big necked" buck come in right about dark thirty just out of range. I was unable to determine how many points, only that he did have some mass. He was walking around my stand about 40-50 yards out just looking around. He had no idea I was there watching him. Suddenly a doe came in from behind me, down wind. I looked back to see her looking at the buck. The buck saw her and made a move in her direction. She took off running towards him and kept on going as fast as she could run, tail down. The buck watched her run away and turned and started walking in her direction disappearing from sight over the hill in front of me. Well, I thought, that was cool. I started to pack up for the day and I heard something up on the hill. I looked up and saw him coming back down towards me again. I sat back down and watched him walk down to me within 25 yards. It was just to dark by then to find a clean bow shot. He drank from the creek, walked around some more and walked off into the woods. That doe did not want anything to do with him. He looked "rutty", swollen neck and the way he poised himself.

Top Bottom