• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • infinititech

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    was out yesterday at 4pm at leiber and didn't see any scrapes or rubs where we usually do year after year the moon is getting full though so should be anytime

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Near Carthage: I got there at sun-up yesterday and left around noon.

I saw a 1-1/2 year old doe with twins still. They were still pretty close to her even though they were nice and healthy.

Also a spike buck with no sense of urgency. He was wandering around and crossed the shooting lanes multiple times.

Kind of regretting not shooting the doe at about 20 yards, but she was pretty small still. The next one probably won't be so lucky.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    had two little bucks (18mo olds) sparring around me on Sunday morning for about 45 minutes. Young fellas out not knowing what to do yet :) things should be ramping up in the next week or so. First week of Nov should be good (as always)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Didn't see anything in western Jackson Co. this weekend. Several well travelled game trails and a few signs of some bedding areas, but nothing yet as far as rubs or scrapes. Did find a few on our trail camera. As of last week the bucks and does were still together in what looked like normal roaming around and feeding.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I haven't seen much in the way of rut sign yet this year. The established perennial heavy trails in my "normal" woods are visible but don't look very active and are covered with fallen leaves. Haven't seen any rubs or scrapes in my normal woods either. I went for a long scout yesterday (Sunday) afternoon, I covered easily 8 miles probably a little more. I only saw a couple of scrapes, and those looked like they hadn't been used in several days. Typically Halloween seems to be about when the rut starts kicking in around here. So I'm hoping to see things pick up by next weekend.

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    Owen County, I have hunted for the past 7 days and the bucks are starting to work the scrapes pretty well. I have not seen any chasing at this time but they are starting to separate.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Three more days of work before three weeks in the woods. I can't wait and I couldn't be happier that the weather is crap currently, makes it easier to endure this torture.

jimbobcooters

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Didnt see anything tonight. Had not been to that stand since Oct 11. My number one target was there on camera, with a broken brow tine. So they are fighting.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Didnt see anything tonight. Had not been to that stand since Oct 11. My number target was there on camera, with a broken brow tine. So they are fighting.

Darn nice buck there. Hope he's there for you when the season opens! How frequently have you been seeing him? I've spotted a nice buck on our cameras, but only shows up about every 2 weeks.

jimbobcooters

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Darn nice buck there. Hope he's there for you when the season opens! How frequently have you been seeing him? I've spotted a nice buck on our cameras, but only shows up about every 2 weeks.

That buck started showing up on that camera in early September. He originally had double brow tines on both sides. We just ran those beans about 10 days ago. I was worried he wouldnt show up anymore, but he did right after the beans were cut.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Didnt see anything tonight. Had not been to that stand since Oct 11. My number target was there on camera, with a broken brow tine. So they are fighting.

Ho. Lee. Crap. I'd be in the stand sun up to sun down if I had a bruiser like that cruising the place. Good luck, I hope you get a crack at him!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hunting partner went out to the lease today and pulled a few cards. The bucks are obviously cruising pretty good and starting to show up a little bit earlier in the evening. We had a new wide 8 show up that we've not seen before and he entered the south end of the farm at dusk and was last seen on the north end at 8am the following morning. We don't typically see that much movement out of the older bucks in that short a period of time. We've got 17 cameras out on 1K acres, hopefully he can pull the rest of the cards tomorrow.

Things are heating up.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've induced bucks to start scraping as early as late August with some buck urine and a fake scrape. Will be in BC this w/e and will either sit a stand our hunt squirrels depending on how my hip feels.

Top Bottom