Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's very telling when you see someone refusing to leave office and intentionally dying while on the bench or in their seat.
    Selfish. Power hungry. Egotistical. In denial. Unfit

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [video=youtube;LyhTxQwSwJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyhTxQwSwJU[/video]

There was a movie, and of course I can't remember which, where some returning soldiers were being interviewed, and one of them gives that quote.
    Then he had to explain it was a quote, because the media just stared in horror at him.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    She could have, she chose not to.

I don't think this is quite true. Imagine if the roll was reversed.

Let's say that YOU (or any INGO member) was on the court for many years. Then, they get cancer and aren't doing well. However, AOC has just been elected. Could you, in good conscience, step down and let AOC name your replacement? I know I would have a very hard time doing so.

Once you get there you're kinda stuck until you die or until a president comes along that you are comfortable knowing that he or she will keep your values intact.

Could she have chosen to step away and let things slide as they would? Yes, that is true. Could she knowing she would be replaced by someone with radically different values. No, I don't believe so.

Regards,

Doug

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Read through all the posts and just want to say that by and large, I am proud to be part of INGO right now.

Glad we all know people trump politics.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bader was a judicial activist.

As much as we ***** about Roberts and Gorsuch siding with the other side, it is their job to go with legality over personal opinion.

Sadly, Bader never did this. The libs could count on her vote every time she ruled.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

As much as we ***** about Roberts and Gorsuch siding with the other side, it is their job to go with legality over personal opinion.

Sadly, Bader never did this. The libs could count on her vote every time she ruled.

Roberts was a damn activist on Obamacare

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy

In another thread, a couple days ago, I opined and lamented about about the partisanship of the appointed jurists. Unfortunately, it's reality of the situation.

Having said that, now is the time for Trump to appoint a hardcore Second Amendment proponent. This is the time for idealism to get punched in the nose by realism. 2A above all other considerations.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Except she did have opportunity to retire under Obama. She could have enjoyed her last few years with her family.

Can 2020 get any crazier? I'm almost afraid of the answer. I will say one thing, if I were a Republican Senator, I'd make sure to have plenty of security.

I don't think this is quite true. Imagine if the roll was reversed.

Let's say that YOU (or any INGO member) was on the court for many years. Then, they get cancer and aren't doing well. However, AOC has just been elected. Could you, in good conscience, step down and let AOC name your replacement? I know I would have a very hard time doing so.

Once you get there you're kinda stuck until you die or until a president comes along that you are comfortable knowing that he or she will keep your values intact.

Could she have chosen to step away and let things slide as they would? Yes, that is true. Could she knowing she would be replaced by someone with radically different values. No, I don't believe so.

Regards,

Doug

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The nomination I'd like to see won't happen, Judge Roy Bean died in 1903.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom