• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Here is a video showing bolt disassembly with the new style pins:

Mine has roll pins so the method in the video won't work for me. That's what I get for being an early adopter.

I've got over 1,000 rounds through my FPC with zero issues.

I've shot 6 steel challenge matches and a USPSA/IDPA style match. It just runs.

Current setup is a Holosun 510c-gr, a vertical foregrip and a Tandemkross compensator.

View attachment 285054

The compensator helps more than I thought it would, possibly because the FPC is light in the front. The same compensator on a Ruger PC Carbine didn't make a noticeable difference.

The bolt catch is fine for locking the bolt open, though they are small. It is not a bolt release. That's probably the worst feature.

I can now disassemble/reassemble mine with no tools.

I do not fold it except for cleaning and my use case isn't the same as some who are evaluating it. I'm having a ball shooting it at matches and I shoot it as well or better than any of my other steel challenge guns.

Love to see some more reports from those who have bought one.

So they changed the pin arrangement. Any other changes in the later models? Glad to hear you are liking it.

I have effectively talked myself out of buying one, but I enjoy hearing about them still.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    So they changed the pin arrangement. Any other changes in the later models? Glad to hear you are liking it.

I have effectively talked myself out of buying one, but I enjoy hearing about them still.

Yes - it seems earlier production models used roll pins for the firing pin and extractor. Later models got drop in pins. Some folks with the early ones had issues with the pins not being pushed in all the way. Just a guess, but the drop in pins probably make assembly easier. Mine has no issues.

After the shooting season I'm going to see about getting the drop in pins for mine. From what I have read you can replace the roll pins with the drop in pins. I just want to do this for ease of maintenance.

This is currently my favorite gun to shoot at matches. It has been 100% reliable so far.

I thought the trigger might be an issue, but it hasn't. After shooting it over 1,000 rounds it's now got a 4 lbs, 3.4 ounce 10 pull average on my trigger gauge. Here is how the trigger has broken in:

Out of box - 5 lbs, 2 ounces
    After 100 rounds - 4 lbs, 8 ounces
    After 500 rounds - 4 lbs, 6 ounces
    After 1,000 rounds - 4 lbs, 3.4 ounces

I've done nothing to the internals except clean the gun and shoot it.

This is a nice, pretty affordable way to start shooting PCC Open in steel challenge. They include enough mags so that it is match ready with the addition of an optic. I shoot my fastest total time for all 8 stages of steel challenge with this gun. I love the Holosun 510c-gr on this rifle for steel challenge.

It's actually easy to clean, just different. I'm hoping that it also has endurance.

As far as being interested in guns that I don't plan to buy, I'm the same way with the Henry PCC. Still reading all I can about it.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Yes - it seems earlier production models used roll pins for the firing pin and extractor. Later models got drop in pins. Some folks with the early ones had issues with the pins not being pushed in all the way. Just a guess, but the drop in pins probably make assembly easier. Mine has no issues.

After the shooting season I'm going to see about getting the drop in pins for mine. From what I have read you can replace the roll pins with the drop in pins. I just want to do this for ease of maintenance.

This is currently my favorite gun to shoot at matches. It has been 100% reliable so far.

I thought the trigger might be an issue, but it hasn't. After shooting it over 1,000 rounds it's now got a 4 lbs, 3.4 ounce 10 pull average on my trigger gauge. Here is how the trigger has broken in:

Out of box - 5 lbs, 2 ounces
    After 100 rounds - 4 lbs, 8 ounces
    After 500 rounds - 4 lbs, 6 ounces
    After 1,000 rounds - 4 lbs, 3.4 ounces

I've done nothing to the internals except clean the gun and shoot it.

This is a nice, pretty affordable way to start shooting PCC Open in steel challenge. They include enough mags so that it is match ready with the addition of an optic. I shoot my fastest total time for all 8 stages of steel challenge with this gun. I love the Holosun 510c-gr on this rifle for steel challenge.

It's actually easy to clean, just different. I'm hoping that it also has endurance.

As far as being interested in guns that I don't plan to buy, I'm the same way with the Henry PCC. Still reading all I can about it.
    That looks nice.

I am considering getting one, although right now it would be more of a toy that a tool.

I have that optic on an AR pistol. It's nice for sure.

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Took mine out with my wife this past weekend, what can I say? Just plain fun to shoot! Truly a joy filled experience. Be careful sliding the bolt back in after cleaning.. mine was slightly stuck against the hammer which is projecting just a bit in the way. I used a stiff plastic rod to gently push down on it allowing the bolt to go all the way home. If you shoot this and don’t have a totally great time, you are taking things too seriously! I know it isn’t for everyone, but wow, my wife and I both loved shooting it. Accurate, fast, and light!

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Be careful sliding the bolt back in after cleaning.. mine was slightly stuck against the hammer which is projecting just a bit in the way.
    Just tap the muzzle on something that won't damage it and the bolt will go right in.

See about 9:24 in this video:

I put the Taccom rail on the receiver:

I've now got flip up AR15 style sights in mine that co-witness with my red dot.

FPC Rear Sight 01.jpg

I'm got over 2k rounds with mine. No issues.

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just tap the muzzle on something that won't damage it and the bolt will go right in.

View attachment 303582

Thanks for the great tip....I was trying hard not to screw it up on the first cleaning! I am so impressed by this truly inexpensive shooter. Form following function is a beautiful thing.

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the great tip....I was trying hard not to screw it up on the first cleaning! I am so impressed by this truly inexpensive shooter. Form following function is a beautiful thing.
    Just thought I would add, that was a great video of taking it all the way apart and putting it back together. Thanks so much for that video, extremely helpful.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

View attachment 303582

How much do they weigh out of the box? Do they feel balanced?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    How much do they weigh out of the box? Do they feel balanced?
    The FPC is just over 5 lbs out of the box. It feels even lighter because the majority of the weight is between your strong hand and your shoulder. It's heavy in the back but once you shoulder it the FPC feels good.

Since the front is light I've found that the FPC benefits from a compensator like the one from Tandemkross. The comp made no appreciable difference in my Ruger PC Carbine but definitely makes a difference with the FPC.

It handles very nice. S&W did a great job engineering the buffer and springs. The FPC has less felt recoil than my Ruger PC Carbine that is heavier.

The bolt catch is the worst feature. It is too small.

I'm right handed and I moved the mag release to the right side. It's easier for me to drop a mag with my trigger finger than with my thumb. I'm using the largest backstrap on the pistol grip because it's the most comfortable for my hand.

Cleaning is easy. I can disassemble and reassemble with no tools. I use an 1 1/4 inch diameter tube brush to clean the buffer tube.

I haven't shot much self defense ammo but it runs great with any round nose 9mm I've tried.

I've got a dozen M&P mags and a couple of ProMags and they all work with no issues.

S&W has changed the firing pin and extractor retaining pins on the bolt from roll pins to drop in pins. Mine has the roll pins, but later manufactured versions have drop in pins that make bolt disassembly very easy.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The FPC is just over 5 lbs out of the box. It feels even lighter because the majority of the weight is between your strong hand and your shoulder. It's heavy in the back but once you shoulder it the FPC feels good.

Since the front is light I've found that the FPC benefits from a compensator like the one from Tandemkross. The comp made no appreciable difference in my Ruger PC Carbine but definitely makes a difference with the FPC.

It handles very nice. S&W did a great job engineering the buffer and springs. The FPC has less felt recoil than my Ruger PC Carbine that is heavier.

The bolt catch is the worst feature. It is too small.

I'm right handed and I moved the mag release to the right side. It's easier for me to drop a mag with my trigger finger than with my thumb. I'm using the largest backstrap on the pistol grip because it's the most comfortable for my hand.

Cleaning is easy. I can disassemble and reassemble with no tools. I use an 1 1/4 inch diameter tube brush to clean the buffer tube.

I haven't shot much self defense ammo but it runs great with any round nose 9mm I've tried.

I've got a dozen M&P mags and a couple of ProMags and they all work with no issues.

S&W has changed the firing pin and extractor retaining pins on the bolt from roll pins to drop in pins. Mine has the roll pins, but later manufactured versions have drop in pins that make bolt disassembly very easy.

Thanks.
    I have the the Ruger PCC with Glock mag well. I do not own any Smiths at this time.
    The FS Dagger and the Ruger can use the same magazines which is nice. I'm still vetting my Dagger.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Thanks.
    I have the the Ruger PCC with Glock mag well. I do not own any Smiths at this time.
    The FS Dagger and the Ruger can use the same magazines which is nice. I'm still vetting my Dagger.
    I have two Ruger PC Carbines. They are great. Very dependable and they aren't going anywhere.

I run mine with Ruger SR mags. I've got 3 SR pistols that share the same mags.

I've got 4 M&P pistols that can share with the FPC.

Either PCC is a good choice IMO.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I'm interested in a sling to free up my hands if I should need to use my pistol but I'm not very familiar with them.
    What would be a good sling for the FPC?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Any sources for extra mags at decent pricing?
    OEM mags are $30 & up. I found these Act-Mags for $19 at Greg Cote:

I haven't used them.

Top Bottom