• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Well S&W just dropped another PCC that ships with the 23 round M&P 9 mags. Will they increase production of the 23 rounders or will they be even harder to find? I'm leaning toward harder to find.
    I haven't had any trouble finding the 23 rd mags. I was ordering 2 every 2 weeks till I got to 10 of them.

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    I finally picked one up this week. I went to an indoor range to try it out. I am impressed by the FPC so far. I sighted it in today at 60 feet, not optimal but as far as the range would allow. The lower two pairs are as I worked the red dot in. I went through all three mags using the rest to make certain it was zeroed. This was using WWB 115 grain. I put a Sig Romeo 5 on for the optic. The FPC is much more accurate than I am. I’m fairly invested in M&P’s. I had been looking for something that took M&P mags other than the Sub2K. After looking at one a few years back I passed on it. IMG_4831.jpeg

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I put a magpul ms4 on mine. It seems to fit well. Haven’t shot with it yet.
    Tell me, is that a hole in the lower back end of the stock made for a quick detach swivel fitting?
    It looks to me like it is made for one but I don't have one at the present to try.

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I went to Hoosier Armory up in Noblesville today, their a dealer for Blue Force Gear and they set me up with a Vickers multi-point sling just like the one pictured above.
    Seems like that was the best way to go with the S&W FPC.

Just after they brought me the sling, another fellow walked in wanting the same thing, but they only had one left.
    So my 27 mile trip (one way) wasn't wasted after all.

It is a very nice sling setup. I'd call it pricey but what do I know. All the military reviews say it's the best.
    I've never used one before so I'll have to learn how to use it.

I'm interested in hearing other people's opinion.

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Picked up the FPC today.

Took it home and went through it. The Sootch video shows the disassembly very well.

It is amazingly light and the weight is either above your strong hand or supported by your shoulder, so it seems even lighter than it is.

I found the charging handle very stiff out of the box and lubed up where it rides.

After handling the rifle for just a few minutes I moved the mag release to the right side. I'm a righty, but it is easier for me to release the magazine with my trigger finger than with the thumb on my strong hand. I can drop a mag with very little movement of the rifle.

Make sure you put the rifle on safe before disassembly. You do not want accidentally pull the trigger and get the hammer in the forward position. The owners manual also states you can damage the rifle dry firing it while disassembled.

There is a spring not shown in the Sootch video:

View attachment 261352
    View attachment 261351
    View attachment 261353

I have not seen any info about the charging handle latch. There is a spring loaded latch on the bottom of the buffer tube where it joins the receiver.

View attachment 261355 View attachment 261354

The slot where the charging handle rides is open from the bottom.

View attachment 261356

Here it is with red dot and angled foregrip installed:

View attachment 261357

In this configuration, with an empty 17 round mag it weighs 5 pounds, 10 1/2 ounces.

Out of the box the trigger was 5 pounds 1.6 ounces and after firing 100 rounds it was 4 pounds, 8.3 ounces. Those are a five pull average with a Lyman digital scale. It has a nice break and a distinct wall.

I shot 100 rounds at an indoor range to function check it. Zero malfunctions. It just works.

It shoots well enough for me to use it in steel challenge matches.

You'll have to wait for a marksman to shoot it before you get a report on accuracy.

@actaeon277 and everyone else who wants this in other calibers, from the instruction manual:

View attachment 261358

Hmmmm - maybe, baby.
    I posted this comment on the wrong thread, but thought it worth mentioning here. One thing that might be worth considering, cleaning the FPC is a breeze compared to an AR! I know, they are totally different rifles. However, I have had a ton of fun with the FPC at the range, no failures to fire or feed after about 700 rounds and yes, it is a lot of polymer (plastic). Might not be the best choice at the Chosin reservoir, but in Indiana, just fine! It is light, fast, and feels very natural in the hands. With the weight of the 23 round magazines seated in the buttstock, it balances well into the shoulder. Lastly, my wife really enjoyed it. Makes me feel better knowing she is comfortable with it. For the money, it is a great deal. Enjoy and take care of each other.

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    I posted this comment on the wrong thread, but thought it worth mentioning here. One thing that might be worth considering, cleaning the FPC is a breeze compared to an AR! I know, they are totally different rifles. However, I have had a ton of fun with the FPC at the range, no failures to fire or feed after about 700 rounds and yes, it is a lot of polymer (plastic). Might not be the best choice at the Chosin reservoir, but in Indiana, just fine! It is light, fast, and feels very natural in the hands. With the weight of the 23 round magazines seated in the buttstock, it balances well into the shoulder. Lastly, my wife really enjoyed it. Makes me feel better knowing she is comfortable with it. For the money, it is a great deal. Enjoy and take care of each other.
    I agree on cleaning. After the first time it is pretty easy to clean. Compared to a Ruger PC Charger cleaning is very easy since no tools are needed.

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hickok45 videos

This guy is a hoot! I want a range like his!!! If you haven't handled this rifle, it feels great and is so natural. One thing to add, has anyone found a place to pick up spare parts (springs, firing pins, etc.) for the FPC? Also...please don't forget about the upcoming time change:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom