Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Current FPC setup:

IMG_20231106_142524.jpg

That's a Tandemkross compensator, UTG slim flip up sights, Magpul vertical foregrip, and a Holosun 510c-GR. The rear backup sight is attached to a Taccom scope mount. The sights co-witness with the optic.

The Taccom scope mount is just a piece of pic rail that attaches to the receiver screws. It is just a bit higher than the rail on the barrel. Here is a review of the mount:

The front sight has a .060 fiber optic insert that was also purchased from Taccom. I had to file the notches in the sides of the sight post because it only had notches at the front and rear.

IMG_20231106_142502.jpg

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I stopped watching the video as soon as he said buffer and buffer tube. Seriously, why? Its 9mm and now you have this funky fold at the barrel deal going on. Ditch the brace, remove the buffer tube, and make it fireable when folded and then I'll be interested.
    This model of the Ruger PC Carbine would do all that if you replace the stock with your choice of a foldable stock.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Took my bolt apart on my FPC. I have the early version with roll pins. No problem to drive out the pins and remove the extractor and extractor spring. There is another pin to retain the firing pin.

After about 2,500 rounds the firing pin and firing pin channel was still looking good.

The extractor and the extractor slot were dirty.

I'll get pics and measure the pins next time I take the bolt apart.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Took my bolt apart on my FPC. I have the early version with roll pins. No problem to drive out the pins and remove the extractor and extractor spring. There is another pin to retain the firing pin.

After about 2,500 rounds the firing pin and firing pin channel was still looking good.

The extractor and the extractor slot were dirty.

I'll get pics and measure the pins next time I take the bolt apart.
    I just happened to stumble upon the S&W FPC yesterday whilst gun shopping and liked it immediately. I've been trying to watch as many YT videos as I can and get some education on this weapon. I've read through this entire threat and just wanted to say thanks for all the info you've presented! This might be going in my arsenal tomorrow!

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just happened to stumble upon the S&W FPC yesterday whilst gun shopping and liked it immediately. I've been trying to watch as many YT videos as I can and get some education on this weapon. I've read through this entire threat and just wanted to say thanks for all the info you've presented! This might be going in my arsenal tomorrow!
    Hate to quote Nike, but, “Just do it”! Great fun and so reliable!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I had one on online auction. Was getting it and then someone outbid at the last minute and I didn't get notified.

What are these actually going for retail wise?

Is the first gen with the different pins a bother?

Still have a little fun money to blow thru.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I had one on online auction. Was getting it and then someone outbid at the last minute and I didn't get notified.

Midway has them for $580 with free shipping:

The roll pins in the bolt make it harder to disassemble the bolt but mine ran over 2,500 rounds with no issues.

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis

I think mine was around 575 pre tax and mine does not have the roll pins (just pins that look like a flat head nail). The bolt retaining pin and the extractor pin are the same size which is great! So far, it has been a piece of cake to disassemble and I haven't had any issues with the bolt catch. Yes, it is small, but once you handle it a few times, not a big deal at all. As with all springs, be careful with the bolt return spring...I sent mine (once) into an orbit in the garage. Just once! :) Good luck and happy hunting!

Attachments

• guts.jpg
      guts.jpg
      461.8 KB · Views: 10

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    What I can't figure, is since S&W came out with the FPC not long ago, why did they introduce the Response? Seems like one is competing with the other.

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The big difference is the Response can use glock mags
    This is true, but I really like that I can insert a 23 round S&W magazine in the pistol grip and go flat out. And yes, they are expensive, heck, what isn't these days!? Hindsight being 20/20...I might have a stable of S&W...but variety is the spice of life! Love my Sig pistols, S&W ARs...and now the FPC. Seriously, this is one fun to shoot firearm. We are blessed to have so many really reliable and accurate choices.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Hate to quote Nike, but, “Just do it”! Great fun and so reliable!
    I ended up buying the Ruger 10/22 takedown Backpacker, which I needed like a hole in the head. I already have a 10/22, plus a little Marlin Papoose, but I just loved the features of this compact rifle including the ability to store 3 extra mags in the butt stock. The S&W FPC will be mine eventually though. Maybe they'll fix a couple of issues by then like the crappy bolt release.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I don't believe the so-called bolt release was intended to be used the way most people think.

I believe it was intended to be pushed (up) to hold the bolt back when there was no magazine installed. I'm fine with it.

Also on the magazine releases at the back of the stock, instead of pushing up to release the magazine on the opposite side, try pulling down on the one on the side you want. It's been working for me all right.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I don't believe the so-called bolt release was intended to be used the way most people think.

I believe it was intended to be pushed (up) to hold the bolt back when there was no magazine installed. I'm fine with it.

Also on the magazine releases at the back of the stock, instead of pushing up to release the magazine on the opposite side, try pulling down on the one on the side you want. It's been working for me all right.
    The bolt release as it is certainly isn't a deal breaker, and I could live with it. I saw a lot of reviews where folks complained about the mag release, too. Once again, I could have lived with that. Hell, I've talked myself into buying it all over again. ;)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Finally got check one out today. Unfortunately for me, I'm not impressed. I also handled a Kel-tec, the Ruger and a custom built Aero EPC.

I liked the Ruger the best. I felt like the FPC and Kel-tec were very similar and apparently now the Kel-tec barrel rotates so you can run an optic.

I will most likely talk myself out of buying anything but if I was to get one, it would probably be the Ruger.

Top Bottom